Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I don't think we need both Fabregas and Thiago and I don't see how we'd fit in both in the same team unless we let Rooney go and play 433/4231 without him as offensive midfielder/withdrawn forward. I'm not sure which one of them I'd rather have here - probably Fabregas because he's already proven himself at all possible levels and in Premier League as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
DDG

Rafael - Centre - Back - Evra

Carrick
Thiago - - - Fabregas
Kagawa
van Persie - Rooney​

Octduplego winners 2013-2018

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I was trying to make it easier for you. You're the one that is stating clichés as reasons why he has failed, such as him being too 'English'. And then you have the audacity to say I'm being too simplistic. I think it's you that doesn't really understand why he has failed as you can't give a real footballing reason.
Audacity :lol:

I've already given reasons you seem unable to grasp. Instead you keep insisting that barca's system requires players that play 5 yard passes repeatedly and press and wonder why fabregas can't fit in.

Fabregas is suited to a less patient game where he can use his ability to go for the killer ball better and play less safe passes. Also, from what barca fans say he doesn't seem to be as good in tight spaces as their other places. All in all, it all stems from a lack if suitability to the barca system. Like I said, a lot of players who are otherwise brilliant wouldn't fit into the barca system.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Audacity :lol:

I've already given reasons you seem unable to grasp. Instead you keep insisting that barca's system requires players that play 5 yard passes repeatedly and press and wonder why fabregas can't fit in.

Fabregas is suited to a less patient game where he can use his ability to go for the killer ball better and play less safe passes. Also, from what barca fans say he doesn't seem to be as good in tight spaces as their other places. All in all, it all stems from a lack if suitability to the barca system. Like I said, a lot of players who are otherwise brilliant wouldn't fit into the barca system.
You can't call someone too 'English' and then say I'm being too simplistic with my reply questioning what the hell that means.

As I said, the '5 yard passes' remark was intended to draw some sort of explanation from you, and we've finally got it. Though I wouldn't say looking for the killer ball as a particularly English trait.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I need a smoke after looking at that.
Sexy as hell isn't it.

What would that cost? A reported £15m for Thiago + £100k wages over 5 years: £41m

Fabregas: £35m + £150k wages over 5 years: £74m

Total: £115m over 5 years: £23m a year.

I don't know how much money we'd get from winning the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup every season for 5 years but I'm pretty sure we'd actually end up making money.

Woodward is a smart businessman, with that in mind, I can't imagine he's not noticed this as well which is why it is 100% ON!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
You can't call someone too 'English' and then say I'm being too simplistic with my reply questioning what the hell that means.

As I said, the '5 yard passes' remark was intended to draw some sort of explanation from you, and we've finally got it. Though I wouldn't say looking for the killer ball as a particularly English trait.
I wasn't calling your questioning that phrasing simplistic. Rather that those were the attributes you associate with being the main necessities to play in that system.

In English football teams tend to be more direct than barcelona are. Even our least direct team (arsenal) force the issue much more than barca do.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Thiago AND Fabregas? Come on lads one is a big enough stretch at the moment but both?

Fabregas is more suited to the English game but he would be able to play better at Real Madrid than he has done at Barca. Their system just does not suit his game. It would make more sense for them to sell him and keep Thiago. Fabregas would fetch more and Thiago is younger. Lets see what they do. Imo there is not enough space for both. Iniesta is only 29 and Busquets is 24/25 that leaves one space with them in a midfield three.

LR7

DDG

Carrick
Thiago - - - Fabregas
Kagawa
van Persie - Rooney​

Im in full on muppet mode with this line up :drool:

Just needs Fellaini's sharp elbows to fit in somewhere

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
DDG

Carrick
Thiago - - - Fabregas
Kagawa
van Persie - Rooney​

Nah, That won't do. We need a big hard giant man to add steel in midfield.

Sally Cinnamon

FCBarca, I haven't read through the thread but is this 18m buyout clause absolutely true then? Do you reckon he'll leave? Would be an amazing deal for us especially at that price, hard to believe actually.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Sally I'm not fcbarca but I can confirm that the buyout clause is correct.

Also is there a hidden cryptic message in that photo I should be looking for?

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I thought the point of the photo was that he looks comfortable in red?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
FCBarca, I haven't read through the thread but is this 18m buyout clause absolutely true then? Do you reckon he'll leave? Would be an amazing deal for us especially at that price, hard to believe actually.
Yep, unfortunately (For me), it's true. It escalates back to 90 on August 1.

Will he leave? Him & his father are in a standoff with the club, if no one blinks, then I think he'll leave. Media speculation, MD headlines & Xavi press statements aside there's one element that leaves me believing he is on the verge - saying he'll speak after the Euros on the matter. Ominous

Crackers

greasy ginfers

Will he leave? Him & his father are in a standoff with the club, if no one blinks, then I think he'll leave. Media speculation, MD headlines & Xavi press statements aside there's one element that leaves me believing he is on the verge - saying he'll speak after the Euros on the matter. Ominous
I'm getting my tent. It's on.
:drool:

Dracula

caf plane air-master

Hold on, don't like the sound of this. His father... I presume his agent? Why are they taking at all to club? Must be they want a new contract... and what a surprise, suddenly we are named as a club interested. Hmmmmmm....suspicious!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

What do you mean by standoff? He's trying to get a new deal?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
What do you mean by standoff? He's trying to get a new deal?
New deal or minutes

Hold on, don't like the sound of this. His father... I presume his agent? Why are they taking at all to club? Must be they want a new contract... and what a surprise, suddenly we are named as a club interested. Hmmmmmm....suspicious!
Yes, his father, Brasilian WC Winner Mazinho, is also his agent...and, frankly, a bit of a pain in the azz

Dracula

caf plane air-master
New deal or minutes

Yes, his father, Brasilian WC Winner Mazinho, is also his agent...and, frankly, a bit of a pain in the azz
And it was the father/agent that leaked the story about utdc trying to contact him wasn't it?

None of this makes sense. If he is going for 18m why is it only us in the frame? why aren't every club after him?

Was getting very excited bout this transfer but now I'm thinking we are being used!

Status
Not open for further replies.