Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
And it was the father/agent that leaked the story about utdc trying to contact him wasn't it?

None of this makes sense. If he is going for 18m why is it only us in the frame? why aren't every club after him?

Was getting very excited bout this transfer but now I'm thinking we are being used!
Well maybe it's only us in the frame because we're the only ones in the frame. If the footballing world know that he only wants to come to us then why are they going to waste their time?

Get excited again Dracula get excited!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
And it was the father/agent that leaked the story about utdc trying to contact him wasn't it?

None of this makes sense. If he is going for 18m why is it only us in the frame? why aren't every club after him?

Was getting very excited bout this transfer but now I'm thinking we are being used!
Could very well be. Only a few things are certain. The player is pondering a move and will address the media after the Euros (June 18th), the father/agent is rattling the cage for something (A move or new deal or minutes), the club is taking a hard line with him, the buyout has dropped considerably (Although, to be fair, it happened last summer too) and Xavi actually addressed the possibility of Thiago leaving by encouraging him to stay to the media.

From there, it's pure muppetry

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Well maybe it's only us in the frame because we're the only ones in the frame. If the footballing world know that he only wants to come to us then why are they going to waste their time?

Get excited again Dracula get excited!
I'm guessing if you're leaving a club like Barcelona and are not at the end of your carreer there are only a couple of clubs you can move to without it being a huge downgrade.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I'm guessing if you're leaving a club like Barcelona and are not at the end of your carreer there are only a couple of clubs you can move to without it being a huge downgrade.
Only a handful of clubs really if money isn't your priority. If he wants the Premier league then coming to us makes the most sense, Munich in Germany or a couple of the Italian teams.

But with the kind of money that Monaco are throwing about, you do wonder.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Only a handful of clubs really if money isn't your priority. If he wants the Premier league then coming to us makes the most sense, Munich in Germany or a couple of the Italian teams.

But with the kind of money that Monaco are throwing about, you do wonder.
don't forget the "project" factor :lol:

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Is Thiago's dad not his agent? If so it bodes well, you would expect him to make a footballing decision rather than a Jorge Mendes driven financial one.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

We were also the only ones in for Kagawa too, weren't we? And he also went very cheap. I dunno why that is.

Varun

Staff
We were also the only ones in for Kagawa too, weren't we? And he also went very cheap. I dunno why that is.
Nope. Many clubs were in for him including Real iirc. He went for a low fee to us because he wanted to move to us specifically. Our big Asian presence helped there as he's been brought up on the league.

Cina

He also had a year left on his contract. The first price was bid supposedly only £7m but Dortmund held out and got double that in the end, due to increased offers from other clubs too.

Commadus

Alcantara transfer makes too much sense so we won't do it. We need a midfielder, the boy has talent, his buy out clause is 18m Euros, he wants first team football.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Alcantara transfer makes too much sense so we won't do it. We need a midfielder, the boy has talent, his buy out clause is 18m Euros, he wants first team football.
Thiago is a midfielder. He's better suited in the AM role but he can play deep. Considering that Moyes like to play a narrow 4-5-1 system and Rooney seems reluctant to stay at OT, there'll be ample first team chances for the boy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
This is going to be one of those where we have to wait for a random tournament to finish til we know anything, isn't it.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
Unsurprising that City have got involved. Pellegrini might convince him to move there but, as Jimy said, Thiagos dad being his agent means any move is likely to be made for footballing reasons.
where have you heard this?
I haven't read anything in regards to Thiago going to City.

Pellegrini to City is old news by now, and it's clear that he wants to bring Isco along for the ride, with that being said that's about it if you don't count City being on the lookout for a striker (something which Thiago is not).

So I don't know....you could be right for all I know but I doubt there's a serious chance that Thiago would go to City.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
This is going to be one of those where we have to wait for a random tournament to finish til we know anything, isn't it.
Well he did say he'll see about his future after the u21 championships. Anyone know when they end?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Pellegrini to City is old news by now, and it's clear that he wants to bring Isco along for the ride, with that being said that's about it if you don't count City being on the lookout for a striker (something which Thiago is not).

So I don't know....you could be right for all I know but I doubt there's a serious chance that Thiago would go to City.
Barcastuff on twitter said they are interested, but I doubt it's anything serious. It is debatable if he'd be a starter in their team the way they play, but he'd be a guaranteed starter for us so if he was to leave, then we really would be the ideal option for him.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

Just saw on Twitter that they'd triggered his release clause. Could be bollocks. You're right though, I'm sure he'd rather come here.

Well he did say he'll see about his future after the u21 championships. Anyone know when they end?
June 18th I think.

Does the spelling of Alcantara's name in the thread title annoy anyone else ?
Yes.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Barcastuff on twitter said they are interested, but I doubt it's anything serious. It is debatable if he'd be a starter in their team the way they play, but he'd be a guaranteed starter for us so if he was to leave, then we really would be the ideal option for him.
They have a new manager coming in so we don't know how they are going to play and they will give him the chance to compete for titles and pay him more. The prestige of playing for us would be the only thing making him pick us over them. Plus they have ex-Barca guys running things and one of the best manager's in Spain potentially so they will definitely be a threat but it will come down to his personal preference.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
They have a new manager coming in so we don't know how they are going to play and they will give him the chance to compete for titles and pay him more. The prestige of playing for us would be the only thing making him pick us over them. Plus they have ex-Barca guys running things and one of the best manager's in Spain potentially so they will definitely be a threat but it will come down to his personal preference.
we both have a new manager, neither of our teams know how we'll set up and play, both would give him a chance to compete for titles, but apart from a possibly bigger wage bill, United has the slight upperhand in this because of a couple of things: 1) United is...well...United...City although are becoming a big club are not there yet and United is still a significantly bigger name and I'm guessing it would be a bigger honor to play for United than City at this point. 2) He's got more chance of being a genuine starter for United than he does for City 3) De Gea's doing his part in trying to persuade him, meanwhile I don't see anyone in City's ranks trying to do anything of the sort (although I hardly have a "reason" to be able to know about all this)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Does the spelling of Alcantara's name in the thread title annoy anyone else ?
I've already commented twice on it in this thread, I think. Sort it out!

EDIT: Oh, it's sorted. Nevermind.

Will Absolute

And ....... let muppets rejoice ......... Thiago Alcantara has been restored to the full glory of his true name.

(His signing is surely now in the bag)

Liam147

On Probation
Can I ask how it was spelt? Always looked like Thiago Alcantara to me.

I don't reckon we'd get him, simply because he doesn't look like a United player. But for the fee quoted, and several people's estimations of his ability, I reckon he'd be worth a punt.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?

I don't reckon we'd get him, simply because he doesn't look like a United player. But for the fee quoted, and several people's estimations of his ability, I reckon he'd be worth a punt.
He'd be more than worth a punt. And I believe it was spelt Alacantara.

Why is it that he doesn't look like a "United" player to you if you don't mind me asking?

Will Absolute

:confused::confused:

Brain AIDS. Poor chap.

Liam147

On Probation
Thiago Alacantara.
:confused::confused:

Brain AIDS. Poor chap.
Yeah, I missed that A.
He'd be more than worth a punt. And I believe it was spelt Alacantara.

Why is it that he doesn't look like a "United" player to you if you don't mind me asking?
I barely know myself :lol:

I think it's probably to do with him looking so much like a Barca player - nifty, great on the ball, great touch, not a big physical presence. Something like Kagawa actually. I could see him signing for someone like Chelsea or Arsenal, he looks like their sort of player. When you look at most of our recent midfielders (Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Gibson etc.) most have had some physical presence and tend to be hard workers.

I've not seen all that much of Thiago anyway, it's just the impression I've got from him.

I'd certainly take him, I just couldn't see it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
City want him too? Do they just stockpile midfielders now?
Yes, because they have dozens of them. :wenger: They could use a player like him just as much as we could. Nasri hasn't worked out, Silva is a different sort of player, Toure is getting old and is a different sort of player anyway and the likes of Milner, Barry, Garcia and Rodwell aren't top class.

Brightonian

Their system doesn't really suit a player like Thiago, though. They set up more like Madrid - two deep midfielders, one attacking midfielder, creative wide midfielders and a striker. Thiago is too attacking to be a deep midfielder but he'd be wasted playing as high up the pitch as the attacking midfielder (normally Silva or Tevez in that role).

Whereas we tend to play a deep midfielder (Carrick), a box-to-box midfielder (Cleverley/Anderson) and a #10 (Kagawa/Rooney). Thiago would fit the box-to-box role perfectly.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Am I the only one who thinks a move to City would probably be as beneficial to Thiago as a move to United, in terms of football anyway? Excluding the fact he'd get more money there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.