Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiristao

I miss the newbie section. Wish I had just viewing access so I could see witness the chaos from afar. The speed in which people would get banned and banished during my newbie-stint was truly wonderful.

Good times.
I agree.. we really should have access to it. Will be fun to read some of the stuff there... could quite possibly be RAWK like there..

LR7

Didn't Everton say we hadn't made a formal approach for Moyes when all the speculation was rife?

Means nothing imo. They didn't say no contact had been made or we aren't in talks with Thiago.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Didn't Everton say we hadn't made a formal approach for Moyes when all the speculation was rife?

Means nothing imo. They didn't say no contact had been made or we aren't in talks with Thiago.

You hear the "No bids for ____ yet" reports all the time. I don't think it means anything. I often think it is used to remind other clubs he's on the market, though I don't know if that would particularly make sense in this situation, with it being a release clause and all.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
You hear the "No bids for ____ yet" reports all the time. I don't think it means anything. I often think it is used to remind other clubs he's on the market, though I don't know if that would particularly make sense in this situation, with it being a release clause and all.

Or maybe just to stop the in surge of calls from irate Barca fans lol

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There's going to be plenty of disappointment people in the caf when Thiago finally decides to stay at Barca.

It will be heartbreak. I will probably have to get a doctors note, take time off and re-evaluate my life. I got so emotionally wound up about it in the first week, then he posted on Twitter that he HEARTS Barcelona. My muppet heart was in pieces. I hated him. I got over him. Now I want him even more :mad:

Don't do this to me Thiago. Tito doesn't even like you. He thinks you're shite. Davey will love you. As the first proper midfielder we've bought since 2007, you'll be crowned King of Old Trafford. They'll probably start building you a statue bigger than Fergie's as soon as you pen your signature on the bit of paper.

Platato

Psst!
Okay. Due to the fact of this recent in the papers, I thought I would mention a few points. I have not had a chance to see all the updated posts but I'm sure some pessimism has grown as a result of what's being reported in Spain.

1. First of all, let me thank Charleysurf for opening my eyes to how the Spanish papers operate. They act as the mouthpieces for these top Spanish clubs and in our case, Barca is using these papers to make a lot of noise. Therefore, take what these papers are saying with a pinch of salt. As the story goes, the papers are trying to make Thiago look like the villain.
  2. There's been a statement about not a formal offer from United. Does this mean United are not interested? I don't think so. In fact, I would like some of you think back to when we were in for Kagawa. Their president said the same line when we were closing in on the deal. "We havent received any offers for Kagawa"....a few days later we agree a deal and Kagawa becomes a Manchester United player. I would venture to say, there is a lot going on in the background. Informally, I am quite sure both clubs are very close to an agreement.
  3. Graham Hunter's latest tweet suggests everything has yet to be made official but we will know soon. It's possible we may encounter the VAT issue but those should all be formalities.
  4. Barca are scumbags.
  5. I think Thiago has already made his decision but Barca are stalling while they try and cover their tracks. Remember, they are losing an immensely gifted footballer who the fans dont want to leave. If the club can make Thiago look bad then, for them, they've somewhat succeeded. This ultimatum just seems to be nonsense. Barca using the papers to say THiago's decision won't give them time to find a replacement indicates to me they're attempting to divert the blame.
  6. Moyes may or may not talk about the deal today. He may put all his attention on Rooney and let the deal be concluded in private. Personally, I do not think we'll find out much about Thiago today but I do think the medical is still happening. We just do not know when.
  7. Don't forget. Andy Mitten mentioned we put in a bid for Thiago sometime ago. I will find the picture since he deleted the tweet and post it later.
I'll be on later. Hopefully more promising news soon!

Skywarden

Charleysurf? Are you serious? jojojo has been running the show and you want to thank Charleysurf?

Get out.

Keenst

We'll probably sign him. If we don't, we'll just sign someone else. You hardly think Moyes isn't going to splash out?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Why do we need to sign anyone else if we're signing Thiago?
Rodney is fat. Anderson is fat. Fletcher will never be the same. Valencia got found out magically. Nani is inconsistent. Cleverley can't play for more than an hour. Evra victimised Suarez. Welbeck is Heskey reincarnated.

We got problems man.

Mad Winger

Rodney is fat. Anderson is fat. Fletcher will never be the same. Valencia got found out magically. Nani is inconsistent. Cleverley can't play for more than an hour. Evra victimised Suarez. Welbeck is Heskey reincarnated.

We got problems man.
You forgot:

Giggs is old and useless, Kagawa is a flop, Young is the worst player we've ever signed, and Hernandez only performs well when he's subbed on.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
You forgot:

Giggs is old and useless, Kagawa is a flop, Young is the worst player we've ever signed, and Hernandez only performs well when he's subbed on.
De Gea is still flappy at aerial balls, Evans still has a clanger in him, Jones will never be good at a single position due to rotation, and Carrick is getting on and we've nobody else at his level.

SirAF

Ageist
Ah, bollocks. I have a feeling the presser today will a proper anti-climax and Moyes won't say anything substantial about Thiago after all.

Phil

Ah, bollocks. I have a feeling the presser today will a proper anti-climax and Moyes won't say anything substantial about Thiago after all.
That's always going to be what happened, since when do we ever go bold and public?

Cina

If Moyes doesn't announce at least two signings, and only talks about himself and bla bla at his very first press conference, I'll forever despise him.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool

We got problems man.

We've got 99 problems and these bitches are one

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
First press conference of new manager and the thing you bothered about is Thiago?

Well we are certainly not bothered about Moyes! He needs to win at least 20 Premier League titles, 5 Champions Leagues, 15 FA Cups, 10 League Titles, before we even register who he is! lol

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
You forgot:

Ferdinand is a grandad, Vidic is broken, Rafael is likely to end in prison for killing someone on the pitch, De Gea should be the best keeper that has ever existed and anything less means he is sunday league. Carrick has had one good season, Van Persie is bound to get injured.

We really are up shit creek without a paddle

jgraham

Company man, hitched.
punching cats for eggs at a dustbin near you
I've just said similar in the press conference thread....bit in the past Moyes has said;

"I never talk about players at other clubs, I wouldn't do that.
"I don't like it and I didn't like it when I was a player and I kept hearing there were other centre-halves coming in to take my position. I wouldn't talk about players at other clubs."

So unless he's had a change of how he operates then I'm not expecting anything significant regarding signings, unfortunately.

However it must also be pointed out that a day after saying that Moyes signed jelavic, so if he doesn't mention anything about Thiago or any potential target then it isn't necessarily the end, so don't panic!

Status
Not open for further replies.