Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I can just see Moyes saying we are not interested in him and it is just paper talk

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
"Thiago?! Eh?, the only Thiago were playing this summer is Thiago Bebe"

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So, no offers... If it's true that means ESPN is on the level of Indykaila from twitter.

Seriously, can somebody tell what is actually going on ? Is this some kind of a build up to this mysterious press conference we are about to witness ?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
So, no offers... If it's true that means ESPN is on the level of Indykaila from twitter.

Seriously, can somebody tell what is actually going on ? Is this some kind of a build up to this mysterious press conference we are about to witness ?
Well there is nothing mysterious about a new manager addressing the media.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

It's clever wording. If you activate his release clause then you are not making an offer. An offer can be rejected or accepted. We haven't made them an offer, if we've been in contact with them it will be about paying the amount that releases him, not about making an offer.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Thank You for the quick response, people. This clause seems to be something a bit different than a regular negotiations.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's been known for ages that Neymar would get that shirt.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Whoooo .... Not sure if its true though

Man Utd Pics & News@MUFC_Pics
Barcelona have announced that Neymar will wear the number 11 shirt...which used to be worn by Thiago Alcantara. #MUFC
Still nothing on Barcelona's website and their store still has Neymar with no number. That rumour seems to come around every few days that Neymar has got the #11 shirt and sends twitter wild for a bit before they realise it isn't true.

Platato

Psst!
The shirt numbers are inconsequential. Thiago could stay and take a different number.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The shirt numbers are inconsequential. Thiago could stay and take a different number.

True. Madrid especially seem to chop and change squad numbers quite frequently. Still, this will be the 2nd time Thiago has lost a shirt number he has chosen, and both can be considered "important" squad numbers. It's nothing on it's own, but added to him being cropped out of the picture and if the reports are true that he won't be given a new deal or any further promises of playing time, it does suggest he's off. Hopefully anyway.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I don't think a player who just lead his team to winning World Cup would like that, anyway.

You're right though. Logic says it has nothing to do with his actual position in the team.

Platato

Psst!
True. Madrid especially seem to chop and change squad numbers quite frequently. Still, this will be the 2nd time Thiago has lost a shirt number he has chosen, and both can be considered "important" squad numbers. It's nothing on it's own, but added to him being cropped out of the picture and if the reports are true that he won't be given a new deal or any further promises of playing time, it does suggest he's off. Hopefully anyway.
Honestly, we'd be better off taking a break from all things Thiago-related until anything is made official. The media in spain will continue to fill pages with non-stories. Twitter will be Twitter and the media in England will be behind any major development bar Sky.

In my opinion, all this "we have not received a formal offer" nonsense is exactly that. Nonsense. It's common practice before a sale is made to use such lines. We'll see what happens but I think Thiago will come to Manchester. I think he's already made his decision. It's just not public yet for reasons we do not know.

buildabonfire

what did Neymar wear at santos?

If 11, definitely no significance.

If something else, probably no significance.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
I've just said similar in the press conference thread....bit in the past Moyes has said;

"I never talk about players at other clubs, I wouldn't do that.
"I don't like it and I didn't like it when I was a player and I kept hearing there were other centre-halves coming in to take my position. I wouldn't talk about players at other clubs."

So unless he's had a change of how he operates then I'm not expecting anything significant regarding signings, unfortunately.

However it must also be pointed out that a day after saying that Moyes signed jelavic, so if he doesn't mention anything about Thiago or any potential target then it isn't necessarily the end, so don't panic!
We have a winner ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.