Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So ..... the last 40 pages of Twatter has proven to be bollox.

moral of the story is ... that twatter is bollox.

Hmm. Makes mupptery a very difficult job.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Hopefully there was a ban on mentioning Thiago, as we are that close and there will be an official announcement soon. (Straws and clutching)
would make 100% sense given that was the question after Rooney that everyone concerned wanted an opinion on.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Sorry, just like to point out something. The fact that Thiago was NOT mentioned speaks volumes. The Press were CLEARLY told to not ask any questions about transfers (added to fact they would have been used to being told that under SAF). If a deal wasnt likely at all the press would have had no qualms about asking.

No news is good news with United. We wont say anything until it benefits us like we did with SAF and RVP when he was stopped in that corridor.

binary bot
They could've been waiting to ask about Thiago until Moyes said that he wasn't prepared to talk about individuals.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
when did you ever hear Sir Alex talk about players we were interested in before we signed them?

calm the f@$k down you impatient tweet hungry mofos
Loads of times over the years! Did you start supporting United in 2013 or something?

Everest Red

Reddest ever
I missed yesterday's shenanigans!? It's funny how the muppet interpretation of this transfer's likelihood's is constantly changing.

Meanwhile, this has taken over Berbatov thread in terms of views and will overtake Sneijder thread in terms of posts.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm struggling to understand why this deal is taking so long considering the circumstances. He's got a release clause, which should take 80% of the hard work out of it and yet it still seems like we're having a hard time getting the deal done. If Thiago was truly open to the move then I'm starting to think he'd already be here.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm struggling to understand why this deal is taking so long considering the circumstances. He's got a release clause, which should take 80% of the hard work out of it and yet it still seems like we're having a hard time getting the deal done. If Thiago was truly open to the move then I'm starting to think he'd already be here.

That's what I'm thinking too. It doesn't have that air of inevitability about it that you'd expect from a deal that's 'very close' to being completed.

Gazza

RVP wanted to join United long before the transfer was concluded, it's just how transfers go sometimes. I know Thiagohas a release clause but that doesn't mean it's a straightforward process.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace

Yeah, it's difficult to sort out. Is he really mulling it over still, is he angling for the least painful/expensive way to leave or is he merely trying to get the board to give him the contract improvement? The fact that no one is saying anything (Not Barcelona, not United and not Thiago) means something is drawing things out and no one wants to tip the negotiations one way or another

I still feel like he's more out than in but if he was already set on leaving, what's the hold up? MD reporting that an ultimatum has been given for Thiago to decide what he wants to do within 10 days makes me think Mazinho is telling the club 'the boy is still on vacation' as a stall tactic. But why stall if you're already leaving? Is he trying to get the assurances he may've wanted all along, the money or both? Or is he really just torn? Strange

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
There's what 25 days of this release clause being valid...so brace yourselves for 3 and a half weeks of stories.

Gazza

Yeah, it's difficult to sort out. Is he really mulling it over still, is he angling for the least painful/expensive way to leave or is he merely trying to get the board to give him the contract improvement? The fact that no one is saying anything (Not Barcelona, not United and not Thiago) means something is drawing things out and no one wants to tip the negotiations one way or another

I still feel like he's more out than in but if he was already set on leaving, what's the hold up? MD reporting that an ultimatum has been given for Thiago to decide what he wants to do within 10 days makes me think Mazinho is telling the club 'the boy is still on vacation' as a stall tactic. But why stall if you're already leaving? Is he trying to get the assurances he may've wanted all along, the money or both? Or is he really just torn? Strange

The counter view is that Barca have whispered the Ultimatum line to strengthen public perception in their favour. Some are saying the senior figures at Barcelona are resigned to Thiago leaving and are now trying to swing the narrative their way. I'm not sure what the reality is but that's definitely a possibility. And I would also more likely believe that Thiago's holiday is exactly that; seeing as he has had a summer tournament and he needs to report somewhere for pre-season training, when else would he have taken his break?

buckooo1978

Loads of times over the years! Did you start supporting United in 2013 or something?
i've supported United for 30 years

just don't recall our manager talking about a player before we'd made a bid (or met a release fee)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
i've supported United for 30 years

just don't recall our manager talking about a player before we'd made a bid (or met a release fee)
You don't remember him doing this exact thing in the Van Persie transfer merely a year ago.

Platato

Psst!
You don't remember him doing this exact thing in the Van Persie transfer merely a year ago.
Not quite. It was after news came out that we made a bid for him. Then everything escalated after.

Ferguson said: "Obviously Arsenal have given out the fact that we've made a bid for him.
"We try to keep business as close as possible to us until the moment we conclude a deal. There's no point talking about something that might not happen.
"There are other clubs interested in the player. We've shown an interest and that's where we're at at the moment."

lysglimt

Scout
He did mention that we were chasing Berbatov to a journalist at united.no - or rather he didn't say his name but gave clear indications who he was talking about

wonnie

I think he is torn, put simply. The decision to stay or go is going to have a massive impact on his career one way or another and at his young age, sometimes you don't know what is the best decision to make. Of course he has his father and everyone around him giving him advice, pulling him one way or another, so it must be very difficult for him.

I must say I thought it was 80% ThiagON... but now I think its dropped down to about 60%. There seems to be a little bit of doubt in his mind, whether he actually has the balls to leave Barca, his hometown and club, remains to be seen.

twitter thread suggester
Fergie has always had a tendency to talk about our targets now and then during pre-seasons.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
The only thing the English press care about as far as utd was concerned was Wayne Rooney.

Thiago will only make the back pages.

So I am guessing that is why nobody asked about him

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
How many times will the Catalan newspapers say that this transfer is done before it finally gets done?

Gazza

Cocks have been out so long they're shriveling in the summer sun. Sport have been teasing us for weeks. But ok, I'll get the sunscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.