Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
When it's official. Let's not fall for anymore false dawns. I am breaking my promise about to add some perspective to Sport's recent cover.

Note: start from bottom

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117
I hope that helped people to understand. The cover itself it's another sign he won't stay, but it's useless as confirmation.
1h

Basically, interpreting the Sport cover leads me to believe the possibilities of Thiago staying are slim, but they're still unreliable.
1h

The Sport cover confirms they're not interested in the possibility of him staying, just more things leading to Thiago's exit from the club.
1h

If the paper was really concerned about Thiago they would work on pieces telling why he should stay, they're clearly not.
1h

It's easier to judge Sport on each rumor, in the case of Thiago seems they're more worried about throwing him out then helping him stay.
1h

I see Thiago Alcântara leaving to Manchester United, especially after these rumors by the catalan press the possibility of staying are slim.
1h

Basically we should ignore the cover, but if it's another lie they're just displeasing Thiago even more, irresponsible.
1h

Sport is not acting even a little bit reliable. Said the transfer was going to be finalized today, rubbish. Cover doesn't confirm anything.

Long story short, WAIT!

7 little messages all pretty much identical. We only need to hear your bullshit once, repeating it doesn't make it any less bollocks.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
A rumour making the rounds is that Thiago has decided to leave but the destination is unclear. Turns out that a release clause is on the player to submit & requires the player to pay the VAT on it and might be why there's a holdup. The thinking would be that the clubs would instead have to work out a transfer & fee which would relieve the player from paying the VAT. If United fail to close a deal, Bayern are rumoured to be lying in wait.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
A rumour making the rounds is that Thiago has decided to leave but the destination is unclear. Turns out that a release clause is on the player to submit & requires the player to pay the VAT on it and might be why there's a holdup. The thinking would be that the clubs would instead have to work out a transfer & fee which would relieve the player from paying the VAT. If United fail to close a deal, Bayern are rumoured to be lying in wait.

Would be stupid for him to exchange the Barca bench for the Munich bench. He may as well saty at Barca if he is seriously considering Munich.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Would be stupid for him to exchange the Barca bench for the Munich bench. He may as well saty at Barca if he is seriously considering Munich.
Guardiola played him a lot during his Barcelona days, it was only under Vilanova that he struggled to get games. Munich have Kroos who plays in nearly identical position but I wouldn't say Thiago is without a chance if he had to challenge him.

Sarni

So we'd have to pay him €18m + VAT so that he could buy himself out? Has that ever been the case? I still reckon it's a typical release clause where we have to pay the club certain amount and be done with it

twitter thread suggester
It is a bit odd how there hasn't been more clubs linked with him.

wonnie

Guardiola played him a lot during his Barcelona days, it was only under Vilanova that he struggled to get games. Munich have Kroos who plays in nearly identical position but I wouldn't say Thiago is without a chance if he had to challenge him.
Martinez and Schwensteiner(?) in the DM slots. Got Kroos who can also play there if need be as well as Gustavo and one other name I'm forgetting...

AM there's Kroos, Goetze, Muller who can all play there especially with Ribery Robben on the flanks. I'd say our gaping hole in midfield trumps the Guardiola factor, even in Thiago's eyes.

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Jesus, this thread is like a car crash. No matter how much you don't want to look, you still look. There has been nothing of any value posted in the last 100 pages and the same shite is being repeated over and over. The mods should just lock it, til he's having a medical.

Sarni

Martinez and Schwensteiner(?) in the DM slots. Got Kroos who can also play there if need be as well as Gustavo and one other name I'm forgetting...

AM there's Kroos, Goetze, Muller who can all play there especially with Ribery Robben on the flanks. I'd say our gaping hole in midfield trumps the Guardiola factor, even in Thiago's eyes.
Of course, but then again Bayern have a better team and Guardiola as manager which may sway him in that direction. Götze and Schweinsteiger are certain to be in the first team but I think Guardiola could start using Martinez in defence (that's where he wanted him to play at Barcelona), Thiago could easily slot in next to Schweinsteiger if that's the case.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Jesus, this thread is like a car crash. No matter how much you don't want to look, you still look. There has been noting of any value posted in the last 100 pages and the same shore is being repeated over and over. The mods should just lock it, til he's having a medical.

There has, it's just Sneijder all over again - "done deal" according to everyone. I'm convinced there's an insider at United trolling the media with all of the transfer stuff that has been said about us over the past few years. I think it look clear that this isn't a "done deal" yet there are people claiming "it's all done, just waiting to be announced" !:wenger:

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I can't see how people get so invested into so much bullshit which is proved wrong time and time again. Why not just wait for any real confirmation, at most you're going to find out just a little bit later anyway. You can go back two hundred pages and you've got people pressing F5 every other minute. Literally nothing has happened since then.

shaggy

I can't see how people get so invested into so much bullshit which is proved wrong time and time again. Why not just wait for any real confirmation, at most you're going to find out just a little bit later anyway. You can go back two hundred pages and you've got people pressing F5 every other minute. Literally nothing has happened since then.

Boredom at work?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Put yourself in Thiago's position. As soon as he started to think about his future the train was leaving the station. It's normal human behavior to want to move forward if you're not satisfied with your current situation. I'm quite sure the decision ( to move on) was more or less taken as soon his father had all the offers from us and other clubs in his hands. It's no rocket silence and money can be a very strong motivator for a young ambitious man. If the reports are to believed it would be hard for anyone to resist 30 million for five years, and of top of that have the oppurtunity to be the main man in a club like United.

Give it a thought and you will see that weather and a living in a nice city maybe be second or third priority on this stage of his life. A carrier is short and he can move back to Barcelona when he gets older, but a chance like this maybe never come back. Injuries, other hot prospect or just plain bad luck can come in his way. Ask yourself if you would gamble and resist this oppurtunity by just waiting for your chance?

I would be very surprised if he turn our offer down, it's to good and he and his family knows this. Everything can happened in life but for me this a done deal, we just waiting for the announcement.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Of course, but then again Bayern have a better team and Guardiola as manager which may sway him in that direction. Götze and Schweinsteiger are certain to be in the first team but I think Guardiola could start using Martinez in defence (that's where he wanted him to play at Barcelona), Thiago could easily slot in next to Schweinsteiger if that's the case.

Hmmm, I never knew that Martinez preferred playing in defence. But still, if it's not broke, then don't fix it. Also with him playing so well in that DM role, I can't see him switching to accommodate Thiago, especially in a world cup year which could potentially risk his involvement in the WC.

Name Changed

weso26
This has been so back and forth that I won't believe it until the club officially announce it.

I wouldn't blame Thiago in the slightest for taking his time.

ciderman9000000

I would, I'd never forgive him. He could go on to become a United legend, but I certainly wouldn't be cheering him on if he takes his time deciding his future.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
We should close the transfer forum and have one transfer thread in the football forum.

twitter thread suggester
Shut up you two. The transfer forum is the only thing making me visit the Caf in the summer.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
We should close the transfer forum and have one transfer thread in the football forum.
:lol:

I like how calmly you are talking about causing the deaths of thousands of people.

shaggy

Yes you are right, no transfer talk until official statements are made.

it's a good idea in theory but pretty much everything in football during the off season is speculation so there would never be any discussion and it would end up like RAWK with mods closing every thread.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I think the single transfer thread is an interesting idea - imagine the utter confusion when people bang on about Thiago from a post which was intended to be about Leighton Baines. Or when Leighton Baines is described as an Italian-Brazilian-Spaniard who lives in Cheshire and is coming from FCB. feck, I'm confused already.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Exactly, the Pep factor

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why does the transfer talk offend so many people? Nobody really takes it seriously, of course we all hope he signs but we all know that won't be the case until there is an official announcement.

I don't really see what closing the thread achieves, all it suggests is that the "anti-muppetry" brigade actually care a lot more than they let on. It's silly season, just take it with a pinch of salt.

Revan

Assumptionman
RAWK are the leaders in how to deal with opinion, we should follow their excellent example.
Yep, ban everyone who doesn't come with generic posts and lock every thread that has more than 5 replies. Redcafe with thrive if we follow their example. I like the idea.

shaggy

Why does the transfer talk offend so many people? Nobody really takes it seriously, of course we all hope he signs but we all know that won't be the case until there is an official announcement.

I don't really see what closing the thread achieves, all it suggests is that the "anti-muppetry" brigade actually care a lot more than they let on. It's silly season, just take it with a pinch of salt.

I don't know, it's very strange. Superior fans, perhaps?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't think anyone is offended Pexbo. My advice back to you is to take it all with a pinch of salt.
:lol: Touche.

I do think it gets a bit old though, I'm yet to see any genuine muppetry and people actually getting over excited or upset over transfers not happening on this forum. Everyone is level headed, every article posted usually comes with the disclaimer that it's "probably bullshit" and the "cocks out" replies are always in jest. With that said though, there's a collection of posters who always pop into the thread occasionally and take the piss out of all the supposed muppetry that goes on.

Ash_G

It might be good to just have a transfer update thread where you purely post new information be it a tweet or a news article etc then threads like this can just keep going with people discussing the news, talking about the player himself, whether he'll fit in and all the other random tangents these conversations take. That way people who just want to check if there's been an update can easily find the latest news and those that what to get immersed in the speculation etc can.

Status
Not open for further replies.