Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If the media were told Thiago questions were not allowed at the press conference, today's articles would have been based on the fact no questions were allowed. Last time there was an injunction about a subject (can't remember what is was now), all the journalists were tweeting like crazy that something must be up because they're not allowed to talk about it.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
If the media were told Thiago questions were not allowed at the press conference, today's articles would have been based on the fact no questions were allowed. Last time there was an injunction about a subject (can't remember what is was now), all the journalists were tweeting like crazy that something must be up because they're not allowed to talk about it.
Its no secret that specific names weren't allowed today. It was said in front of the cameras.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They're slipping - for once, they haven't mentioned the "fact" that we're going to boost his wages by 50000000%.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Its no secret that specific names weren't allowed today. It was said in front of the cameras.
That's news to me... and what were the other specific names?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Moyes said he wouldn't talk about other clubs' players out of respect. He stuck to the same line at Everton as I recall.
I heard that, pocco said specific names were mentioned on camera as being off limits, which is the first I've heard of it.

Platato

Psst!

Cocks out?
When it's official. Let's not fall for anymore false dawns. I am breaking my promise about to add some perspective to Sport's recent cover.

Note: start from bottom

Rafael Hernández @RafaelH117
I hope that helped people to understand. The cover itself it's another sign he won't stay, but it's useless as confirmation.
1h

Basically, interpreting the Sport cover leads me to believe the possibilities of Thiago staying are slim, but they're still unreliable.
1h

The Sport cover confirms they're not interested in the possibility of him staying, just more things leading to Thiago's exit from the club.
1h

If the paper was really concerned about Thiago they would work on pieces telling why he should stay, they're clearly not.
1h

It's easier to judge Sport on each rumor, in the case of Thiago seems they're more worried about throwing him out then helping him stay.
1h

I see Thiago Alcântara leaving to Manchester United, especially after these rumors by the catalan press the possibility of staying are slim.
1h

Basically we should ignore the cover, but if it's another lie they're just displeasing Thiago even more, irresponsible.
1h

Sport is not acting even a little bit reliable. Said the transfer was going to be finalized today, rubbish. Cover doesn't confirm anything.

Long story short, WAIT!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What a wierd transfer saga this is.

I've read news about Thiago being close to joining us every 5th post with the 4 in between being caftards yelping "thaigON!". This trend is frequently broken by news from the past about us having met the release clause causing much frustration among caftards with the weak of the lot muttering "thiagOFF" in resignation.

LR7

And here is the article that accompanies that:

RESOLVE PENDING ONLY HAS FEW FLECOS

THIAGO, YES THE UNITED

Barca midfielder leafless Daisy: his choice is to keep progressing in the Premier League

Thiago Alcantara will play for Manchester United.The midfielder has already been decided and, failing to solve some fringe, his arrival at Old Trafford is just a matter of days.
The FC Barcelona midfielder is clear that you want to continue his career in the Premier League and, specifically, in the ranks of one of the giant English: Manchester United, which will commit for five seasons (until 2017 course -18).

Before signing, however, will be settled some points of the transaction between the player and his new team. Also between United and FC Barcelona, ​​especially as regards the payment, which may be paying the termination clause (18 million plus VAT) or reaching an amicable agreement to end and save the tax effect.

Thiago renewed with the club on June 26, 2011 until June 2015. And even then the Catalan club slipped rescosión the clause was fixed at 90 million euros, the fact is that it was so long as the player play 60% of the matches. Otherwise, that is what has finally happened this season (he has not played 60% of the games, at least the minimum percentage required in each duel), freedom of the player down to 18 million.

In any case, pending the fringes should be resolved over the next week, when it is expected to close the signing after a meeting between representatives of both teams. If you can not reach an agreement with United, Thiago does not contemplate the possibility of following in the ranks of Barcelona. Look for another team. His fate could be Bayern Guardiola.

However, today is excited with the idea of ​​calling at the Premier League. Have you spoken with United manager David Moyes, although it does not mention Friday in the press conference he gave as a presentation in his new position, which comes replacing the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson, who was fired on course past the first line of fire. The truth is that Moyes, curiously, was not asked about the future of FC Barcelona player yet.

Thiago, on the other hand, is convinced he is making the right decision because in the template no United players their profile. It certainly can succeed on their characteristics and experience and that you will have many more minutes there than in the FC Barcelona. The only question that will remain is the option that also has shuffled: Bayern Munich. There, with Pep Guardiola on the bench, he knows that also could further progress to meet the technical perfection of Sant-pedor.
advance and prosper.

Thiago could wait no longer. After three seasons as a player of the first team, which has not played what I wanted, has taken the plunge and decided to move. He was always very clear that he wanted to be a major player, here or elsewhere, but important specific weight in football concert.
In this line already said shortly before the last renewal with FC Barcelona, ​​in June 2011, when he said in an interview with Efe that "lie if I said that my dream is to succeed at Barca. My dream is to succeed in football. I want to be a player that people will remember forever. Let people see having fun when he makes his profession. "

Thiago These words were interpreted as a stick to FC Barcelona but as a statement of principles.Something like that his goal was to be a legend regardless of the shirt that looked. Even then it was clear that it would proceed and prosper to make a name in football or yes.
And could not do so with the elastic Barcelona to play only 98 of the last 186 official matches, which may have played as a professional first team, has made the decision to make a living away from home has been all life and has won ten titles that in addition to achieving absolute internationality with the Spanish.

For Thiago decision has not been easy, but between the heart and the head has been encouraged by his head, knowing what you can not miss. But know that in the FC Barcelona Competition, as in the last three years, will be fierce with Iniesta, Xavi and Cesc. It was time to take the leap, risk and prove to yourself that it's time to fly alone.

The truth is that Thiago is amply prepared to initiate this kind of adventure. The first team has matured and acquired order and discipline, combined with Brazilian roots you have, make him a player not to stop following.

ciderman9000000

Barcelona played 60 competitive games for a total of 5,400mins of normal time football in the 12/13 season.

Here are Tiago's playing stats:

• Took part in 36 games: 60%
  • Started 20 games: 33%
  • Played 90mins in 12 games: 20%
  • Played >30mins in 21 games: 35%
  • Played 1,909mins: 35%
  • Injured for 11 games: 18%
  • Took part in 73% of games when fit
  • Started 41% of games when fit
  • Played 90min in 24% of games when fit
  • Played >30mins in 43% of games when fit
  • Played 43% of total minutes when fit

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
With the rumours of Thiago every single day, and the fact that nobody from Barcelona camp has come out to deny it, to even Thiago himself it can't really be anything other than ThiagON can it?

kps88

He hasn't made the BBC gossip column in ages. Very disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.