Thiago Alcantara | Signed for Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
ThiagOff. :(

If business is going to concluded late, it won't be concluded at all for Thiago.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just before the questions about getting the squad completed before the start of the season. 'I'll try, I'll try but I can't guarantee a yes.'
Basically saying that we are close but he can't say 100% yes because if it doesn't work out in the end then he will look quite dumb. Now the question is if he was thinking of Thiago or Garay...

bosnian_red

When did he say that? I didn't hear any of that on MUTV.
He was asked if we could confirm a signing before the tour starts, and he was sort of hesitating and said that he can't be sure if we can finish it by then, but he'll try.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Hopefully there was a ban on mentioning Thiago, as we are that close and there will be an official announcement soon. (Straws and clutching)

twitter thread suggester
He was asked if we could confirm a signing before the tour starts, and he was sort of hesitating and said that he can't be sure if we can finish it by then, but he'll try.
That and the "Going after the best young players" statement is very encouraging.

bosnian_red

He kept saying we go after the best players. That can only mean one thing - Ronaldo. :D
And emphasized that we go after the best young players!

That and the "Going after the best young players" statement is very encouraging.

Yup. Definitely think this will happen soon, and now that all this new manager business is out of the way it can happen without too many interruptions. Hopefully if we get it sorted before the tour so Thiago has a good pre-season with us as well.

Drifter

American
People clinging on to that line "best young players". It's what we have always done and in recent times we have let them go.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Still nothing on Barcelona's website and their store still has Neymar with no number. That rumour seems to come around every few days that Neymar has got the #11 shirt and sends twitter wild for a bit before they realise it isn't true.
Yep and it's not like the club to do something so low class as assigning a number that already belongs to a player, to someone else...regardless of the stature of either player

I wouldn't read into reporters not asking about Thiago to Moyes either. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the press corp had already been briefed on questions that were off limits. No one risks having their press credentials revoked

twitter thread suggester
Yep and it's not like the club to do something so low class as assigning a number that already belongs to a player, to someone else...regardless of the stature of either player
Didn't you do that when Fabregas came?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
His name not even mentioned. I cant believe not one single fecking reporter didnt ask about Thiago.
Because DM said he would not talk about players contracted at other clubs.

This is also new to the press too .... don;t want to rock the boat already!!!!

buckooo1978

when did you ever hear Sir Alex talk about players we were interested in before we signed them?

calm the f@$k down you impatient tweet hungry mofos

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
When he answered "I'll try, I'll try.." to that question, it would have been great had he also put in "De Gea's trying, he's trying".
:D the more I think about signing de Gea, the more in awe I become, how much effort must United have spent to get the right player in terms of mentality and character.

Status
Not open for further replies.