Thibaut Courtois | Performances

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
While Begovic is a good keeper he is definitely not as good as Tbo, it's not a huge blow but it could definitely hurt Chelsea.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Hearing that he could be out for longer than the reported 2 months. Awful start to the season for Chelsea

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They will be fine, Begovic although not in the top bracket of goalkeepers is more than competent and proven in the PL.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Begovic is a massive improvement on Romero.

cyberman

Huge blow.
If Chelsea sold Courtois last summer and signed Begovich as a replacement they wouldn't be happy.
An already shakey defence downgrading their goalkeeping options and people say they'll be ok?

Phurry

Furry Fecker
Watch the Fantasy Premier League servers go in to meltdown as everyone rushes to swap Courtois for De Gea :lol:

Glanville95

I'd say Romero and Begovic are about the same level so this is a big blow for Chelsea.
Another big blow to Chelsea's back five. Azpilicueta and Courtois look like their two genuinely quality players in their back five, whereas the rest of riddled with mistakes and uncertainty.

Begovic is a decent keeper though and acquited himself well against City, despite the score line.

Donut

I feel sorry for Courtois. Seems like a very likable bloke.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Great news for Chelsea's rivals. Begovic is an able deputy but he obviously isn't as good as Courtois although having said that Courtois has hardly been pulling up trees lately either. He's definitely better than Romero though.

NK86

I feel sorry for Courtois but I am delighted that Chelsea will now struggle big time. Their defense has been all over the place and Begovic has been poor so far.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Begovic is overrated on here.
Yeah I've said it for a while that I think he's not as good as some people made out, he made his fair share mistakes for Stoke but as it was a Stoke match against an equally dull team like West Brom most people never saw it or quickly forgot about it. Having said that, he's fine for a 2nd choice at a team like Chelsea, and he's not a liability or anything like that so for three months with him in goal they should be alright.

FromTheBench

Will hurt them a bit but Begovic is a pretty able deputy.

Certainly better than Romero as many have said.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Yeah I've said it for a while that I think he's not as good as some people made out, he made his fair share mistakes for Stoke but as it was a Stoke match against an equally dull team like West Brom most people never saw it or quickly forgot about it. Having said that, he's fine for a 2nd choice at a team like Chelsea, and he's not a liability or anything like that so for three months with him in goal they should be alright.
Yeah, he was poor for Stoke last season and was even dropped for a while. The fact that he always looked likely to leave probably did play a part in that but some of his mistakes were still very poor. His performance against you lot a few weeks ago has been blown out of proportion too imo, most of the saves he made were close to him and were ones you'd expect from a decent keeper.

I think this injury is a big blow for Chelsea personally and I also don't think it's anywhere near as clear cut between Romero and Begovic as most are saying here.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Better than Hilario when Cech was injured in 2006-7.

Actually he was third choice, wasn't he? Their number 2 got injured immediately, I forget his name but he was considered the best backup of any squad, or thereabouts, at the time.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
This is good. Whilst Begovic is a sound GK, he's no Courtois, who has pulled off some outstanding saves for Chelsea whenever they've being under the cosh. Something Begovic hasn't got the agility to replicate.

MarkC

Has Begovic ever been tested in a top team? He looked a decent goalkeeper at Stoke where he no doubt saw plenty of action. Some goalkeepers struggle to handle being in goal and having to maintain the concentration when they see little of the ball.

Don't think it will be a huge step down for Chelsea but can't see him gaining them more points than Courtois would. Knee injuries are a bitch though especially for a goalkeeper who will have to land on it heavily at times, nothing to say this won't go on to be a long term reoccurring issue.

Hemil

Supports
Chelsea
This is good. Whilst Begovic is a sound GK, he's no Courtois, who has pulled off some outstanding saves for Chelsea whenever they've being under the cosh. Something Begovic hasn't got the agility to replicate.
I feel sorry for Courtois but I am delighted that Chelsea will now struggle big time. Their defense has been all over the place and Begovic has been poor so far.
I believe you certainly haven't seen Chelsea play in the first two games, especially the City one where Begovic was immense.