Thibaut Courtois | Performances

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I'd say Romero and Begovic are about the same level so this is a big blow for Chelsea.

VanGaalEra

Bloody hell, gets worse and worse for them.

Their basically us from this time last season.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Begovic is a fine keeper. They've got bigger problems than that.

Sigma

I'm guessing this is why Begovic moved, always the chance this could happen and now he'll get a run of games for the reigning champions. At the moment its turned out to be a good move.

prarek

Nah Begovic is better than Romero. He's no Curtois though.

facund

Buying Begovic could turn out to be a bit of a master-stroke, they lose some quality but not to the extent most clubs would in the same situation.

Begovic is comfortably better than Romero.

Who is there third choice keeper these days?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I was on Marca looking for the claim about De Gea's contract, and one of their headlines was that Courtois is out for FOUR months, not two.

Nickosaur

Romero and Begovic are the same level? First Andre Villas Boas headbutts some official and now this? Have I been in hibernation?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Big loss, although Begovic is probably one of the best sub keepers available in the league so they'll be fine. Well...maybe not fine judging by their recent performances...but fine from the POV of in goal.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Buying Begovic could turn out to be a bit of a master-stroke, they lose some quality but not to the extent most clubs would in the same situation.

Begovic is comfortably better than Romero.

Who is there third choice keeper these days?
A super hybrid of Carlo Cudicini and Hilario.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Meh, Courtois is no huge loss for Chelsea. They have bigger issues right now than who is between the sticks for them.

Gerald G

Begovic is a very good goalkeeper and is easily better than Romero. It's not a big problem but Begovic isn't world class like Begovic.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Begovic means it isn't too much of a miss at all.

JSArsenal

I'm so excited to play Chelsea next week.
I'm not, this is Arsenal remember. We're barely scoring as is and we haven't scored against Chelsea for two seasons now in the league.

Wenger will probably line up with Ramsey on the wing, Giroud up front, a tired Alexis on the left, drop Gabriel for Mertesacker and we'll be completely shut out. Mourinho himself could go in goal next week and our boys won't trouble him.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Begovic is a very good goalkeeper and is easily better than Romero. It's not a big problem but Begovic isn't world class like Begovic.
I personally think that while Begovic might not be the best keeper around, he's definitely on the same level as Begovic. Not quite as good as Begovic overall, but Begovic isn't too far off Begovic.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We can all agree Begovic is better than Begovic.
No, I disagree, Begovic is definitely the superior player. Begovic just doesn't dominant his area like Begovic does, although I'd say Begovic is a marginally better shot stopper.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I hope Begovic has an absolute 'mare for them this weekend and Cech saves 25 shots in a 0-0 draw.

Roman will start getting restless.

United22

Romero (if we continue to play him) will probably make Begovic look like Oliver Kahn

FujiVice

De Gea is the best 3rd choice keeper in the Premiership this season.

Distracted Steward

I laughed out loud and then I remembered they have Begović. Not as funny; he's a very capable stand I .

They might continue to leak goals. If they do, the fools will be Begović...not the root causes there before.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
And people questioned Begovic moving to Chelsea.. :p

suheilsworld

Begovic is an able deputy and Chelsea should be fine. It's their defense that has been in shambles lately. Once they get that sorted, I am sure Begovic will get good cover.

On a side note, are Chelsea fans repenting selling Cech now?