Thibaut Courtois | Performances

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I still like him as a keeper for how dominant he is in the area but I'm not sure Real Madrid/Spanish football need those kind of qualities

killerboi2

A couple of my mates were saying he should have been further off his line for Dembele's goal? They're both absolutely smashed so they're probably talking bollocks but did anyone else think so?
I'm no expert on goalkeeper positioning but I thought he should have stayed on his line. There was already a Chelsea player closing Dembele down and another one on the line. If he was going to come out he should have just committied fully and charged out to put Dembele under pressure.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
I'm no expert on goalkeeper positioning but I thought he should have stayed on his line. There was already a Chelsea player closing Dembele down and another one on the line. If he was going to come out he should have just committied fully and charged out to put Dembele under pressure.
Yeah their argument was that Chelsea had a man on the line so he wasn't running the risk of being chipped. Just looked like a good goal to me!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Seems to be off. Where do we reckon?
Think his reputation has taken a bit of a hit in the last two years.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Still a top keeper but De Gea comfortably a level above as all. Would potentially be the best keeper in la liga if he moved to Madrid.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If his reputation took a hit in the year he helped us to the title only making 1 mistake all season then he must have been invincible beforehand.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Man, he is something special. You come in European champion and after few months you criticize one Gareth Bale who won everything there.
He is prick, isn't he?

arthurka

Man, he is something special. You come in European champion and after few months you criticize one Gareth Bale who won everything there.
He is prick, isn't he?
Yeah while he is having a rotten season by all accounts. What a git.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He is prick, isn't he?
Didn't Courtois have an affair with De Bruyne's girlfriend? Grade A prick.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What did he say about Bale?
That he's antisocial because he likes to be in bed by 11pm, even though the culture at the club / in Spain is to eat late and go to bed late.

Criticised him for not speaking Spanish too. And that they call him "the Golfer"

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
What did he say about Bale?
https://twitter.com/RMadridInfo

Courtois: “It is very hard to describe Gareth in one word. I would say he has so much talent, but that it is such a shame that so often that talent is blocked from shining.”

Courtois: “I live like somebody who is born and bred in Madrid. I eat late, I go bed late...it is their way of life. The other night we had a dinner with the entire squad. But Bale and Kroos did not turn up. They reckoned the dinner was too late at night.”

Courtois: “We had arranged to be in the restaurant at 9.30pm and we started out meal around 10.15pm and by midnight we were having coffee. We go to bed at around 1am. We have to train every morning at 11am. I think that is a perfect time.”

Courtois: “But Bale had told us 'I am not coming to join you, guys. I go to bed at 11'.”

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
https://twitter.com/RMadridInfo

Courtois: “It is very hard to describe Gareth in one word. I would say he has so much talent, but that it is such a shame that so often that talent is blocked from shining.”

Courtois: “I live like somebody who is born and bred in Madrid. I eat late, I go bed late...it is their way of life. The other night we had a dinner with the entire squad. But Bale and Kroos did not turn up. They reckoned the dinner was too late at night.”

Courtois: “We had arranged to be in the restaurant at 9.30pm and we started out meal around 10.15pm and by midnight we were having coffee. We go to bed at around 1am. We have to train every morning at 11am. I think that is a perfect time.”

Courtois: “But Bale had told us 'I am not coming to join you, guys. I go to bed at 11'.”
Is that it?

Gareth "Ian Rush" Bale.

Courtois is a snake twat though.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That he's antisocial because he likes to be in bed by 11pm, even though the culture at the club / in Spain is to eat late and go to bed late.

Criticised him for not speaking Spanish too. And that they call him "the Golfer"
That is a disgrace if true. He's been there for years now.

Not Courtois' place to say anything on the matter of course.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He’s actually been fantastic this season, so many great saves at crucial times. Easily saved Madrid at least 6/7 points, he’s better than Navas.

Shouldn’t speak as often as he does though

Pagh Wraith

Agreed on both. Not speaking Spanish after six years really is a joke. Made a similar comment about Aguero recently who doesn't speak English after almost eight years. Both languages are so easy to learn for speakers of the other as well. It's not Hungarian or Korean ffs.

Ban

Curtois does like to talk a lot, speak about other players and act like a prick.

Saying that, not knowing Spanish after 6 years is embarrassing.

We need an rvn

Valencia...still speaks hardly any English and he's been in England for 3x longer than Bale.

Courtois should have a "snitch" sticker put on his locker though if true. The fact Courtois goes to bed at 1am as that's what they do in spain when he's a pro athlete is just as bad. Bale should be given praise for getting enough sleep for his injuries to heal!!!

Alabaster Codify7

He looks like Walter the Softy from the Beano books and he's an immensely over-rated goalkeeper. He couldn't lace Edwin Van Der Sar's boots and for me, Edwin was our third best GK in my lifetime so far.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Never been a fan of him. His comments about Pickford during the World Cup were classless as well. How often do you hear of a footballer talking to the press about another player's mistakes? Sums up what kind of person he is if he's so willing to publicly criticise someone who he doesn't even know and is a fellow professional.

mu4c_20le

I never knew he was so arrogant. “I live like somebody who is born and bred in Madrid".... wow . Might not be living like that much longer if you keep dropping clangers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Agreed on both. Not speaking Spanish after six years really is a joke. Made a similar comment about Aguero recently who doesn't speak English after almost eight years. Both languages are so easy to learn for speakers of the other as well. It's not Hungarian or Korean ffs.
Kun speaks English but prefers not to do long interviews in English.

Same with Alexis who's just done that BBC interview with Herrera and spoke in Spanish.

Man. United have a fair few who are reluctant to speak English in public....Valencia and Rojo two more.

Trizy

Navas is a better goalkeeper. What a fecking donkey this prick is.