Thibaut Courtois | Performances

RooneyLegend

Why?

Isn't that the same with all 2nd choice keepers when the first choice is injured.
Keepers rarely get injured for this long. Cech was there all season and barely got a sniff, he's been there a couple of weeks and he's got 3 months of guaranteed game time.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I believe you certainly haven't seen Chelsea play in the first two games, especially the City one where Begovic was immense.
Immense is putting it a bit strong. He was good but Aguero's finishing was uncharacteristically poor.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think they will miss him. I don't think the gap between them is that much. Obviously, Courtois is the better keeper but I don' think the difference is such that it will cost Chelsea points.

Jorsett

Supports
Bayern Munich
Could've swore he said the exact same thing a few months ago.

Nickosaur

Not great to hear for Begovic is it? I think the GK situation has been the least of their problems.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Not great to hear for Begovic is it? I think the GK situation has been the least of their problems.
Why would you not play the superior keeper just because there are bigger problems in your team?

Nickosaur

Why would you not play the superior keeper just because there are bigger problems in your team?
Where did I say that?

"19 matches without the best goalkeeper in the world was hard for us." is what I took issue with. I don't think Courtois would have made much difference at all. I think Mourinho could have worded that better, not sure Begovic will appreciate that.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Where did I say that?

"19 matches without the best goalkeeper in the world was hard for us." is what I took issue with. I don't think Courtois would have made much difference at all. I think Mourinho could have worded that better, not sure Begovic will appreciate that.
I think would have. There were quite a few goals that Courtois would have prevented.

Bojan11

Begovic has been one of their best players.

But I do feel some of the goals like against Stoke that Courtois would have saved.

Sam

Begovic knew what he was getting into when he went there. He's been lucky that he's played so much tbh.

It was always a strange move.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What was the world's best goalkeeper doing at Bournemouth's goal today?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think he's that good, really. I don't know about how he was at Atletico but he certainly hasn't shown anything at Chelsea to be compared to De Gea and Neuer.

Skills

Snitch
He needs a name change. I would much prefer it if he was called Tybalt Courtois.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Flapped at the corner. In no man's land.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Fecking hell lads. First game back. Put the knives back in the draws for a while. Nobody's trying to say he's as good as De Gea any more. That argument was sorted, conclusively a long time ago.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Fecking hell lads. First game back. Put the knives back in the draws for a while. Nobody's trying to say he's as good as De Gea any more. That argument was sorted, conclusively a long time ago.
I guess people are commenting because José bought attention to him before the game, suggesting the GK was one of the reasons they hadn't performed for a while. Not surprising people would comment on his mistake for the goal.

However, he had two very good saves in the first half, especially one which was going into the bottom corner and where he got down very quickly to get his hand to the ball.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Flapped at the corner. In no man's land.
De Gea also fumbled a cross against West Ham. Difference is West Ham hit the post whilst Bournemouth scored.

Picking every single detail to put down a player works both ways.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I guess people are commenting because José bought attention to him before the game, suggesting the GK was one of the reasons they hadn't performed for a while. Not surprising people would comment on his mistake for the goal.

However, he had two very good saves in the first half, especially one which was going into the bottom corner and where he got down very quickly to get his hand to the ball.
Aye. Guess it shows just how desperate it's getting for Mourinho though. There wasn't any time to mess around and let TC wait. AB was kicked to the curb, for the greater long-term good over the short-term need, immediately.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He still makes positional mistakes. He's definitely not as polished as Dave or Cech but he's the youngest of the three. So it's to be expected.

prarek

De Gea has been little more consistent for the past 3 seasons, less mistakes but they are both equally talented imo.

Spock

Courtois is a fantastic keeper but he's just not in the same class as De Gea.

Petr1

Hope you're right just so we can keep Dave. I think Navas is better than Courtois though.
Can't be easy being Keylor Navas. Doing a great job and everyone sees it but deep inside he knows Real dont want him. Real in a nutshell

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Can't be easy being Keylor Navas. Doing a great job and everyone sees it but deep inside he knows Real dont want him. Real in a nutshell
He's a great keeper but after a fantastic start to this season I don't think he's been overly impressive lately. Since his injury really, maybe he rushed back.

Do agree with your general point though.

Donut

Why would Real want Courtois when they can get De Gea who's a better keeper and will be Spanish no.1 for the next decade?

De Gea is also probably a lot more gettable than Courtois.