Thierry Henry

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
First and foremost, wasn't he fecking good? I mean I just remember him being Mr.Arsenal.

Seriously though I used to believe that Ruud was a better player. :lol:

Secondly, as a pundit, he started off quite terribly but now I think he's actually quite good.

Thirdly, he's quite clearly a United fan.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
First and foremost, wasn't he fecking good? I mean I just remember him being Mr.Arsenal.

Secondly, as a pundit, he started off quite terribly but now I think he's actually quite good.

This is the part I'm enjoying the most.

Paxi

What is his relationship with Wenger like? Wenger just seems to be able to piss off some of his greatest players. Don't think Vierra likes him much.

Think Wenger and Henry aren't on the greatest of terms. Seem to remember them having a spat after Henry criticised Arsenal for lack of identity or something like that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
His comments just then: "... but today... that was unwatchable. I wanted to leave." :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
One of the main reasons I enjoyed that 25 years of the PL show with Keane, Dalglish and Henry so much was the chemistry between him and Keano. They just seemed to gel well and made the show "easy viewing". Dalglish was fine, too, but those two just made it a fun watch.

He does seem to have a bit of an affection for United, though. He's been very complimentary towards us whenever I've listened to him.

Hojoon

Whenever fans talk about their rivals most are either critical or borderline fawning in order to not look biased. There's barely a middle ground.

R'hllor

What on earth, totally forgot that match but it looks like Italians tried to murder him

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
What on earth, totally forgot that match but it looks like Italians tried to murder him
The players on the pitch were aggressive. 2 years before, Italy lost against France in the QF of the WC 98 (penalties)

So many players on the pitch who had the opportunity to play together in Italy: Zidane (Juve), Deschamps (Juve), Henry (6 months Juve), Thuram (Parma), Desailly (Milan), DUgary (Milan)...

A different era :)

el3mel

He's one of the very few opponents players that I actually loved.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

I remember hearing rumours some years back that he was a United fan because of Cantona.
So if thats the case its hilarious their probably greatest ever forward line was comprised of United supporters. :lol:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Incredible player, I daresay the best the PL has had.
I'd struggle to put anyone ahead of him. Maybe a few on/around his level, but no-one did it better.

Paxi

Huge debate over that
As a striker? Can't think of anyone who was more a complete player.* Unbelievably good in his time.

* Never seen Shearer in his prime but I'm going to go ahead and guest that Henry was a far better all around player.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Definitely a closet United fan.

I think he's started to really enjoy us following Pogba, Martial and Lukaku.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If you say the truth, you're lucky :drool:
Why would I lie? Met him on the side of the oitch before the game. We were being shown round the stadium.
Told him even though I support United, I grew up admiring him. Had a laugh and told me to enjoy the game.
Don't think he did

Paxi

Shearer was the best striker in the PL, not even close. Ronaldo would be close to Henry too.
Feck I don't know mate. I remember Henry being absolutely head and shoulders above everything. Like Shearer couldn't score a goal against Liverpool or Spurs like Henry did?

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Why would I lie? Met him on the side of the oitch before the game. We were being shown round the stadium.
Told him even though I support United, I grew up admiring him. Had a laugh and told me to enjoy the game.
Don't think he did
Which match? Today's match? We're you a contest winner or something?

lawliet354

As a striker? Can't think of anyone who was more a complete player.* Unbelievably good in his time.

* Never seen Shearer in his prime but I'm going to go ahead and guest that Henry was a far better all around player.
I remember saying Henry is as good as Ronaldo/Suarez in the PL here than someone said it's not even close and said Henry looks great in the PL because he played in the weakest PL era and he never performs for the national team :)

Last edited:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Shearer was the best striker in the PL, not even close. Ronaldo would be close to Henry too.
Shearer was phenomenal and you probably saw him more in the PL than I did (you old bastard), but I just think Henry had it all. He could play up top, out wide, take set pieces, beat a man and score any type of goal he wanted to. Man had it all.

Paxi

I remember saying Henry is better than ROnaldo in the PL here than someone said Henry looks great in the PL because he played in the weakest PL era and he never performs for the national team :)
Yeah then he scores a hat-trick against Inter. Takes the ball at the Bernabau at half way line and scores.

I always maintained that Ruud was a better player but in retrospect it's fecking daft to think that.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Yeah then he scores a hat-trick against Inter. Takes the ball at the Bernabau at half way line and scores.

I always maintained that Ruud was a better player but in retrospect it's fecking daft to think that.
Ruud was probably more clinical in the box. Let's not forget just how good a goalscorer he was during his career.