Things You Like About Jose

simplyared

Like the way ge gets hold of a water bottle, flicks the top with his teeth, pours the liquid into his mouth and then spits half of it out on the sideline.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
United without Jose: 1 trophy, 4th place highest finish

United with Jose: 3 trophies (possibly 4), 2nd place highest finish.

Yup. Makes sense! :lol:
Yes, three trophies.
You can't just count the Community Shield under Jose then ignore the one Moyesy won. So it is either 1 trophy without Jose and 2 trophies with, or 2 trophies without and 3 trophies with.

Canagel

His calmness when his team score. Always found it cool and fascinating how he manages those in-game situations where the team score and he is already summoning the next sub and giving instructions.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You can't just count the Community Shield under Jose then ignore the one Moyesy won. So it is either 1 trophy without Jose and 2 trophies with, or 2 trophies without and 3 trophies with.
I forgot he won one. It doesn't really alter the point being made anyway.

Fridge chutney

His dedication to his craft.

His winning mentality.

The tough mentality he instills in his players.

The fact that he genuinely likes England and English football.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Same old people in here having a dig - despite the title of the thread!

Miserable bastards!

Last edited:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His hair, the mixture of white and black suit him
Also, his watch!

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
Exactly, you're forgetting a 'trophy' we've won less than five seasons ago. I think you're really stretching claiming Mourinho has won 'three trophies'.
Leave it out - all he did was forget that Moyes won a community shield.

'Stretching' :houllier:

People in here have lost the plot.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Exactly, you're forgetting a 'trophy' we've won less than five seasons ago. I think you're really stretching claiming Mourinho has won 'three trophies'.
Not 'exactly', quite the opposite. You can pretend it's not a trophy all you like, doesn't make it true. Either way it doesn't alter the point. 2nd is higher in the table than 4th, 3 (or 2) is a higher number than 2 (or 1). You're welcome to argue that.

SirAF

Ageist
His calmness when his team score. Always found it cool and fascinating how he manages those in-game situations where the team score and he is already summoning the next sub and giving instructions.
This. Some of my favorite scenes are when United score and everyone goes ballistic while Jose right away gets ready to change something and give instructions.

haram

He's a winner and hates Liverpool more than some of our fans apparently.

AgentP

His transfer signings. Almost all the signings of Moyes and LVG have been flops. He has also been able to sell our flops for good money.

Smithy_123

I'll try a serious one.

Preventing City from a once in a life time opportunity of wrapping up the league against us at their stadium.

Nikelesh Reddy

So with the season almost over and this place not exactly being the bastion of positive feeling (me being a huge culprit in this). What are some things you like that Jose has done. For me:

Got rid of Rooney.
1)Results on the pitch-Finishing 2nd in the league shows the kind of progress we"ve made under him
2)Silverware-He could end up winning 3 trophies in 2 years with a team that's under transition...it's great to get back to consistently winning things again.
3)He has the stature,aura,personality and self confidence required to manage this club...Moyes looked out of his depth,LVG looked like a man whose best years were behind him.Jose has the look of a proper Man United manager...

DRM

Serious question, do fellow caf membors think Jose is a good looking man? I think he hasn't aged gracefully, the stress of the job has made him look weary.

extincti fugax hominum

Taking all competitions seriously. I like that he goes and try to win everything rather than taking say the league cup less seriously .
He hates Liverpool
He's a born tactician
All good points especially the first one.

What i like about Jose are probably from his previous jobs mostly but still :

• He spoiled both Liverpool's and Man City's party. Actually he prevented Liverpool to be champions for the first time in Premier League history right after Sir Alex retired. This would be a horrible thing.
  • He put pundits like Carragher, Redknapp, Souness etc. who are ex-Liverpool players into their places even when he was at Chelsea.
  • Some facial expressions like that :lol:

• His press conferences and interviews were quite fun :

• He is so strong mentally. He definitely has the mental toughness and a winning mentality which all the great managers had.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He’s a winner
This

We could be winning nothing with another manager with no guarantee of getting back to where we want to be

or we could be winning things with Jose even without the guarantee of getting back to where we want to be

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm not a fan of the guy, but I like that he is a winner through and through. His mentality can be polarizing, but it does rub off well on some players. Tactically, he is not daring but very intelligent and capable of shutting down threats other coaches struggle with. His passion is contagious and he makes great sound bites.

Cloud7

The most stylish manager in the league :drool:

Except when he sports a buzz cut :mad:
He does clean up well, although there are times when he sways extremely to the other end of the spectrum and looks like a vagrant. The Gerrard slip game against Chelsea comes to mind :lol: