Things You Like About Jose

SirAF

Ageist
He does clean up well, although there are times when he sways extremely to the other end of the spectrum and looks like a vagrant. The Gerrard slip game against Chelsea comes to mind :lol:
Lulled them into a false sense that it was going to be easy :devil:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
he is the best manager we could get

T A

His past. And it is now fading away day by day.

By contrast, he still remains at the top of his transfer game

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Because He knows what He's doing. He's annoying sometimes but still way better than the previous two :

-) Van Gaal was a bit of a dick and tried to change the club with his philosophy.
-) Moyes was a dick and absolutely clueless. He tried to change the club to Everton.

Web of Bissaka

^ Agree, he knows what he's doing and so respectful to SAF.

Winning mentality and high expectations of players.

Transfer Strategy - swap plan, buy-back clause and sold players with good prices.
+ Zlatan, Pogba, Bailly, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez = our squad level improves.

Play Rashford, and Lingard a lot.
+ Promote McTominay, Pereira (but he wants to go out so..), Tuanzebe and TFM, all have been given good no. of games and good career (loan) decisions.

Get rid of past-it, offers-nothing and weak-mentality players.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like how he gave Rooney a rope to hang himself and shipped him with minimum fuss.

CA_vampire

The best manager we had since 1970 (except for SAF, of course).

And one of the two best managers in the world in his generation (the other one is Pep).

Reactions: Invictus

Oscie

I like how he triggers some of our fans by existing.

Marcelinho87

His brutal honesty... I just think some players need telling they are shit and he delivers on that point.

Tarrou

I like how arrogant he is and the fact he's a massive WUM.

And he's good at winning football matches, always a bonus.

SirAF

Ageist
Like how he gave Rooney a rope to hang himself and shipped him with minimum fuss.
I think this is very underappreciated. Mouirnho obviously knew that Rooney had gone to shite when he came to United, but he also knew he was very popular and he had to be political about it.

ants7

The lack of polarity that he has brought to us.

Still loves living out of the suitcase in his age. 4ever young. yeah.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He wins trophies everywhere he goes. Two trophies in his 1st season, potentially one in his 2nd season and the clubs highest finish since SAF retired.

R o o K

He is intelligent and honest.

This is a guy who never really played professional football, started as a translator and achieved everything in football.

Also, I don't get the mentality of some cafe members. Someone is giving their opinion on this thread, but if that opinion is not of their liking, they will always take a dig. And its the same people all the time.

I mean, its not like we never heard them moan before, but they keep saying the same thing over and over again. Its getting tiresome.

Just be patient, according to you, Jose will implode this season and will be gone.

Morpheus 7

1) Absolute disdain for the media.
2) Can keep discipline and isn't afraid to drop players regardless what everyone thinks.
3) Clean sheets.
4) Can attract big players in the transfer market.
5) keeps a defensive shape better than anyone in the league. Not my way of playing but it's impressive.
6) Good record in finals so far.

Bocca9978

His coat is from Matalan.
Which now he is United’s manager is perfectly acceptable.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Got us our best league finish since Sir Alex retired. Won us two trophies (hopefully three by next week)

Marcky411

After reading through this thread, all 3 pages of it there wan't much in it as to what people like about Jose. Me personally, at the moment nothing, all the excitement and respect I had for the man when he arrived, has all gone.

doomy20

After reading through this thread, all 3 pages of it there wan't much in it as to what people like about Jose. Me personally, at the moment nothing, all the excitement and respect I had for the man when he arrived, has all gone.
Why?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Is it wd that he's been our manager for 2 years, and yet my favourite Jose moment is still making sure Chelsea beat Liverpool 2-0 so they didn't win the league?

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I still can't quite make up my mind about Jose really.

One day I love the man, the next day I want him gone.

One thing I do like though is that he is a born winner who isn't afraid to go against the grain to get what he wants.

FrantikChicken

I'm fully behind Jose, I think he's fantastic. I like that he's doing his best to be different at Man Utd. I think he wants to remain here for a while. He cut down the touchline shenanigans pretty quickly and seems more level headed.

He has extremely high expectations which a lot of people can't accept or understand but that's what it takes to win consistently at such a high level. I can see him remaining here for quite a while

Andersons Dietician

Probably when he on live tv as Matic was getting interviewed shouted across “you better not be getting man of the match” Matics face :lol:

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
A realist in a world of idealists and even crazier fans. The same who want the world's youngest stars, yet crave instant success. The guy won the CL with Porto FFS - shows his winning mentality - win at any costs which is what life is; not everyone gets 200-300 M at every club he goes to build his perfect ideal team which I admit is more beautiful to watch. For every Pep who succeeds, there are a thousand others who fail. A mourinho person will never fail, his relentless pursuit of victory means he'll keep trying. I like that in a person, the fight; even if the world is against you, even if your long-time rival has yet again created a near-perfect team in the same league - he will not give up. Ever. Some like art, some like relentless graft. I guess, I'm the second type.

Maybe he is past it, but he won't know that. Not now. Not ever. The man will keep fighting for his ideals as there is nothing that can make him doubt himself. He'll blame everyone but himself. Some people see this as negative and it may actually be depressing, but we see it with a lot of serial winners (Ronaldo) - the want to win is greater than anything.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The way everyone moans about everything about him, yet we're still second, without hitting any sort of top gear

RedFish

The way everyone moans about everything about him, yet we're still second, without hitting any sort of top gear
Exactly. 2nd place is a dizzy height for this team after the shambles of Moyes and LVG. Turning the abject into a difficult to beat team that finishes 2nd halfway through this project is cause for optimism. I sincerely doubt many managers had the necessary authority and standing to change the fortunes of the team as it was back then when he walked into OT.

tomaldinho1

1) Straightforward b*stard of a manager. "Get in line or F off type". Exactly what we needed after a few years of non achieving, well compensated rot setting in.
2) Attracts big players.
3) Hates the media openly and with a passion. Hero.
4) We're actually becoming a good football team. Naysayers will have you believe it's doom and gloom but it simply in't.
5) Entertaining personality. A never ending stream of funny quotes - digging out De Boer was brilliant this season - followed by seething rage and then beaming smiles.

Mihai

You know, the funny thing about that is not Jose laughing, but the other guy he is looking at who is trying not to laugh, but can't control it.
It's a great GIF.
:D
That's Aitor Karanka, he used to manage Middlesbrough in PL.

On a side note, what is Rui doing there?

Josep Dowling

He’s going to make us serial winners again :devil:

The fact he hates Liverpool is a bonus.

His general feelings of the media is normally the same thoughts I have. I.e the love in with Spurs and Liverpool this season.