Third year meltdown bollocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

predator

Youth NITK
Its actually happened to him before but like all facts in football, they are forever being corrected. If you think mourinho and us will have a meltdown this upcoming season then fair enough. I think it's just a coincidental occurrence that has happened.

Surely all football fans aren't that closed minded?

For example - last time such and such a player was the highest goalscorer and such and such a team won the league the following season such and such a team won the league :lol:

Jonno

So it's not even beginning of the season and 'he'll be sacked by Christmas' is the most popular cliche around. Astonishing really.
Takes us from being an unsteady, 4th-6th place yoyo club with a poor squad to to 3 cup finals and 2nd in the league, fans still want him sacked.

If he had taken us from 2nd place to 6th, I'd understand.

Agendas.

Jonno

Once(when, not if) City is out of reach, I'll be screaming for Mourinho's head. Especially if our football isn't improved by the help of McKenna and Carrick. He's got no clue how to organise an attack, he hasn't addressed our glaring holes in the squad and its his third season which is looking like one where we'll be regressing.

It's not only about entertaining us and winning trophies. We will end up like Chelsea with high profile players (Martial, Pogba, De Gea, Bailly) wanting to leave because of the poor man-management as well as the tumescent shite we serve up each week. Even the most devoted Mourinho fans can't be so blind that they prefer him to stay over our biggest stars.
So should every Manchester United manager be sacked if they can't match Cities 100 points?

Isn't DDG on the verge of signing another long term contract at the club? Didn't Mourinho bring Bailly to Old Trafford in the first place?

The football is bland, it's not entertaining I agree. But Come on, sacked if we don't catch City? I've never seen a United manager hit 100 points in my lifetime.

deafepl

I am surprised nobody mentions Klopp's last season at Dortmund, Dortmund had the worst season in decades or so under him. I hope Klopp can replicate his last season at Dortmund for Liverpool

Seven Seas Sardines

So should every Manchester United manager be sacked if they can't match Cities 100 points?

Isn't DDG on the verge of signing another long term contract at the club? Didn't Mourinho bring Bailly to Old Trafford in the first place?

The football is bland, it's not entertaining I agree. But Come on, sacked if we don't catch City? I've never seen a United manager hit 100 points in my lifetime.
Six years of zombie and long ball footy is enough. If we can't even challenge playing this horrible football, I'd prefer to not challenge playing positive football with high press and aggressiveness. With Sanchez, Martial, Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford, Lingard and Fred we have players who (if motivated) actually can press teams and kill them off early instead of going to defend 1-0 up at home.

Treble

The prediction about a meltdown coming next season might be bollocks. Or come true. Only time can tell.

wolvored

Im hoping the new staff behind him can hopefully persuade him to be more attack minded. Theres a reason he has changed/added 3 different coaches and hopefully it is to change the way we play, otherwise whats the point? Transfer wise its very underwhelming (so far) in and out. I was expecting about 3-4 starters to come in and 5-6 deadwood shipped out. so far 1 maybe 2 starters in and only 1 out. Lets hope in the next 3 weeks woody pulls a couple of stunning transfers out of the bag.

Craig Ward

Agreed.

I don’t think the players seem particularly happy under his leadership, I don’t think he’s really getting the best out of them and I don’t think he’s the long term option.

Jose is obviously a great manager, but is he the right manager for the squad we have? Debatable for me.
Our squad hasn't seemed right from day 1.

Jose made good noise when he started, but for me it was always an appointment that was going to go bad at some point, heading into season 3 and yet to have a major issue, but the cracks are there.

His transfer business has been average, his demeanour is extremely negative and our squad don't seem to be capable of performing the way he wants (either this is a methods issue or tactics)

Can Martial be happy being in and out of the team, publicly slated and dropped for Sanchez despite Sanchez constantly pulling a 4/10 game after game?

Can Shaw be happy? Our only natural LB and he cant get a sniff, oh and he's slated non stop in the press also

Can Bailly be happy? Mourinho left him out of our domestic team due to give players going to the WC more game time. Baffling

Can Pogba be happy? Dropped (agree he was playing garbage but when Fellaini's your other option I'd stick with Pogba with 1 leg in truth) Pogba has indicated life isn't rosy under Jose. He's not happy
I could go on but fear I will rant some time. I look at how other teams play with a bit of fight and spirit and togetherness and I just don't see it at utd. We play like individuals and defensive tactics must be grating our flair players. The likes of Martial/Rashford/Pogba/Mata/Lingard/Sanchez must be desperate to be unshackled from this rigid system and be allowed to play creative football.

We finished 2nd, but we're not looking too good squad wise

ghagua

It's the the third year and I'm rubbing my hands in glee. Cannot wait for him to leave, I cannot stand the man or his brand of football. I'm a Mourinho hater before anyone wants to accuse me of being one.

SirAF

Ageist
It's the the third year and I'm rubbing my hands in glee. Cannot wait for him to leave, I cannot stand the man or his brand of football. I'm a Mourinho hater before anyone wants to accuse me of being one.
Weirdo.

Handsome Devil

The meltdown has already started...in the Caff. People were already calling for his head when he didn't smile in the press conference, sheesh.
It's. Going. To. Be. One. Long. Season. On. Here.

buckooo1978

I'm not looking forward to any meltdown but I am looking forward to Mourinho leaving the club

there's a cloud over us, it's not enjoyable being part of Manchester United and I don't see us making any progress next year

the progress we made last year could be attributed to Lukaku, the stability Matic offered and the nice early season form of Pogba, Rashford, Martial and, in the first 5/6 games, to Mhiki

since then he's managed to have major spats with many of our players, the football has been shit and any big name moves seem more likely to be outs than ins

I felt that any progress this year would be dependent on significant signings - players who could come in and make the difference Jose is unable to with his brand of coaching/management - with the lack of signings I think we will struggle again to put up a challenge to City and we will battle Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal for 3rd and 4th

I've had my fill of Jose

RedPamie

The meltdown has already started...in the Caff. People were already calling for his head when he didn't smile in the press conference, sheesh.
People are waiting for the time Jose leaves and be able to say "I told you so".

I want him to succeed this season especially, because the other option is we fail. Jose fails, Manchester United fail. Club will find another manager, he will get rid of Jose signings and begin the building process.... And fans will find this guy's fault. ....
"Sack him (new manager)" "He smiles too much, how dare he!"

Rinse Repeat...

God I miss Sir Alex.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think this is a make or break season for him. He'll either win something or throw everyone under the train and move on to his next stop. I wouldn't sell promising young players like Martial for that exact reason. The next manager might treasure them.

Zlatanator

People are waiting for the time Jose leaves and be able to say "I told you so".

I want him to succeed this season especially, because the other option is we fail. Jose fails, Manchester United fail. Club will find another manager, he will get rid of Jose signings and begin the building process.... And fans will find this guy's fault. ....
"Sack him (new manager)" "He smiles too much, how dare he!"

Rinse Repeat...

God I miss Sir Alex.
Only jose does this , Not everyone. No body has put this much faith in him before. He better deliver this time or leave ,simple.

Last edited:

EyeInTheSky

Takes us from being an unsteady, 4th-6th place yoyo club with a poor squad to to 3 cup finals and 2nd in the league, fans still want him sacked.

If he had taken us from 2nd place to 6th, I'd understand.

Agendas.
Yep. Except he did smile and laugh and joke. Perhaps he should get a unicycle and juggle some fruit so he can be a clown like klopp.

Alabaster Codify7

Careful what you wish for mate. I agree to some extent but who exactly do you expect to come in when Jose leaves?
Coz I'll tell you something for nothing - it is not going to be some younger, exciting manager who plans to start from scratch and turn us into a vibrant, attacking team. Our board do NOT take risks, they will not take that risk. They'll be approaching guys like fecking Ancellotti, with the exact same mindset of trying to bring about instant success by appointing a battle-hardened veteran and hoping he can pull us over the line and build on what Jose has left.

They won't be appointing someone who wants to reinvent Jose's wheel.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Careful what you wish for mate. I agree to some extent but who exactly do you expect to come in when Jose leaves?
Coz I'll tell you something for nothing - it is not going to be some younger, exciting manager who plans to start from scratch and turn us into a vibrant, attacking team. Our board do NOT take risks, they will not take that risk. They'll be approaching guys like fecking Ancellotti, with the exact same mindset of trying to bring about instant success by appointing a battle-hardened veteran and hoping he can pull us over the line and build on what Jose has left.

They won't be appointing someone who wants to reinvent Jose's wheel.
Yes, that's not unlikely.

I don't think the Glazers have any set, specific ambitions in pure football terms. They just want to keep the club's profile at a certain level. Mourinho was hired because of his track record, not because he's an ideal man for overseeing some kind of lengthy, fundamental restructuring (that idea only exists in the minds of his most blinkered supporters). But that doesn't mean he'll be sacked if he fails to do what he's famous for (which involves winning a major trophy).

Winning the biggest prizes doesn't hurt the profile but it's not absolutely necessary. So it would surprise me very much if it's any kind of fixed objective. A bonus more than anything, I suspect.

If Mourinho indeed has a meltdown – or if he fails utterly (that is, fails to qualify for the CL without mitigating circumstances) – United's next manager is likely to be someone like Ancelotti, i.e. another big name (good for the profile) who is most likely well past it (not so good for the football side – but the guy should at least be capable of scraping top 4, etc.).

Kaarel

If Jose haters get their wish then at least we can give Moyes his chance at a 2nd year. Or maybe get Gary Neville in, worked wonders at Valencia. There are so many top managers who are available right now its hard to pick.

Roboc7

If we start badly I expect a meltdown, Mourinho is already moaning and getting his excuses in, even if we do get some new players he will moan it’s too late.

Few bad results and I see it being similar to his last season at Chelsea where he throws anyone and everyone under the bus and it will quickly become toxic.

JoaquinJoaquin

What's going on here with all these people with less than 100 posts making this place more toxic than it is? This isn't just in this thread, i'm seeing it all over the Caf

minoo-utd

Jose's words in pre season and how negative he became is a preparation for a meltdown I reckon.

TRD

I think Mourinho might do to United what Greg Chappell did to Indian Cricket Team. Used stupid tactics, destroyed player's career and then destroyed the team so badly that we lost to Bangladesh in World Cup. I was never in favor of Mourinho as our manager. He was good in past but now he is nowhere near that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.