This current team has huge issues...

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Did anybody else notice Rafael didn't have his shirt tucked in?

When will the madness end?

Godfather

I'm as happy as I could be but he has a point.

We need some magic in that team. With Nani leaving we need someone someone special. Apart from that we are fine, as far as we get our defenders back asap.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Everything will come together, we're winning games even though we're not where we need to be, stop fecking complaining.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
As long as we are winning games, there will always be something to complain about.

The Neviller

I'm as happy as I could be but he has a point.

We need some magic in that team. With Nani leaving we need someone someone special. Apart from that we are fine, as far as we get our defenders back asap.
Why hasn't this been in the news? I'll have to check the twitter thread to see where he's gone.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
It was pretty much inevitable that Chelsea would come back into the game like that given the quality of their attack and the fact that there was nothing to lose at that point. When Chelsea did have something to lose after equalising and when we needed to buck ourselves up a bit, the balance of play levelled out a bit again. This happened before Ivanovic's sending off, hence the piece of play leading to it.

That was a seriously good result, especially given that we played 2 in midfield and someone who hadn't played for 2 months against a team of that quality. Every team has issues, but today is a day to focus more on positives.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Everything will come together, we're winning games even though we're not where we need to be, stop fecking complaining.
I'm starting to think this is where we need to be. This is how we play now, it's been going on for so long I think this is the standard and us not playing as well as we can is a myth, we're dogshit now. Just accept it. This is us.

oh hello

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I'm starting to think this is where we need to be. This is how we play now, it's been going on for so long I think this is the standard and us not playing as well as we can is a myth, we're dogshit now. Just accept it. This is us.

oh hello
I don't fall for that shit TH :lol:.

DevilRed

oh hello
I think we will improve once we get Vidic, Jones and Smalling back. At the very least we won't have to play Jonny Evans week in week out.

Devil may care

Sam you opened yourself up here, I think this side has issues as well, we've been leaking goals and at times look like you can park a jumbo jet in the middle of our midfield, but today people don't want to analyse the game, they want a message board party or something so this might have been better approached in a couple of days.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We showed a lot more confidence then we have of late in certain games. This game could be the springboard we need. I do think the midfield is questionable. We made some of their players look like messi, running through our midfield.

The Neviller

Sam you opened yourself up here, I think this side has issues as well, we've been leaking goals and at times look like you can park a jumbo jet in the middle of our midfield, but today people don't want to analyse the game, they want a message board party or something so this might have been better approached in a couple of days.
Erm, we won away from home, against the reigning Champions League winners and current table toppers, to move within a point of them.

Where's that noose, I can't take this whole winning big games thing any more. We're shit and I can no longer bear it. If only we were one of the top teams or something.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I wonder if this is how it works, and on a Chelsea forum they are actually celebrating their loss?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We showed a lot more confidence then we have of late in certain games. This game could be the springboard we need. I do think the midfield is questionable. We made some of their players look like messi, running through our midfield.
I would have said that Hazard,Oscar and Mata are pretty decent and for the most part we coped well enough,Yes we look a bit thin in midfield but we still came away with 3 points

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
All this midfield moaning is a bit strange especially this season. Just saw this stat in G Nev's article in Daily Mail

The United midfield have also been criticised for not protecting them but, in fact, when you break down the passing statistics, it reveals something different. There have been 792 passes completed in United’s defensive third by opposition teams — that’s the fewest of any other team in the top flight. Chelsea have the next best record, with only 893 passes being competed in their defensive third.

Devil may care

Erm, we won away from home, against the reigning Champions League winners and current table toppers, to move within a point of them.

Where's that noose, I can't take this whole winning big games thing any more. We're shit and I can no longer bear it. If only we were one of the top teams or something.
It's a messageboard, how exactly do you celebrate a win where the talking points are all related to the ref? I think most were really pleased with our win at Newcastle, result and performance, getting a good result doesn't mean the board should not discuss the ongoing issues this side has.

The Neviller

It's a messageboard, how exactly do you celebrate a win where the talking points are all related to the ref? I think most were really pleased with our win at Newcastle, result and performance, getting a good result doesn't mean the board should not discuss the ongoing issues this side has.
I normally celebrate a win by being happy that we've won, not being a fecking misery and moaning about everything, and inventing scenarios that can't be proven to say that with 11 v 11 we'd have lost.

Suedesi

Pathetic thread.
He's got a fckn point, if you don't like the content of it, then fck off somewhere else.

You can't have a fckn decent discussion here because of trolls like you.

We looked poor, and even 10 vs 11 we were under the kosh.

Cannot believe how much ground we conceded after the 2-0, and as soon as Mata scored I knew we were in for a torrid second half.

Had it not been for the second red card, we probably wold have lost.

Devil may care

I normally celebrate a win by being happy that we've won, not being a fecking misery and moaning about everything, and inventing scenarios that can't be proven to say that with 11 v 11 we'd have lost.
Offline I did, when I log on here it's to discuss football, I've posted in other threads about the good performances of individual players, I don't see why discussing the fact we looked overrun at points today should off limits because we won.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He's got a fckn point, if you don't like the content of it, then fck off somewhere else.

Cannot believe how much ground we conceded after the 2-0, and as soon as Mata scored I knew we were in for a torrid second half.

Did you just Jopub yourself?

The Neviller

Offline I did, when I log on here it's to discuss football, I've posted in other threads about the good performances of individual players, I don't see why discussing the fact we looked overrun at points today should off limits because we won.
Only if the points where we outplayed them are mentioned too. In this OP they weren't. Did he not watch the first half an hour?

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

You were surprised Chelsea came back into the game? I wasn't at all. They are a very good side.

But I do agree that I doubt we would have won if not for the red cards.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

The beauty of sport is that, there is no certainty.

As for the 1st point, we are having a decent discussion despite trolls.Don't dignify posts like that by commenting on them

The Neviller

You were surprised Chelsea came back into the game? I wasn't at all. They are a very good side.

But I do agree that I doubt we would have won if not for the red cards.
But are you not then ignoring the fact that the first one was fairly given for a professional foul where one of our players was clean through on goal, in a position where you would have fancied him to score? If Ivanovic doesn't foul Young, they keep 11 men and Young scores would we have then thrown that away? We were well in the game at that point again, and had started to build momentum. Chelsea came at us hard and pulled things back, but at 3-2 I think we'd have went on to win.

Interval

Level

what did you expect? Us to steamroller them and win 5-0?

We played absolutely fine. And we weren't "under the kosh" for the whole grand period of 5 mins when it was 11vs10.

Unless you have some very weird concept of how a match between two top teams is played, I think spne of you'll really need a smack to the head

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Good question actually.The caf and its mysteries ...
For goonersweb it's can a loss be a win, for us it's can a win be a loss, and for rawk it's when the feck will we win again?

TR1985

feck sake, we looked like conceding when they had 9? We just played it about it was pretty comfortable and we could have and should have scored a couple more.

We just won away at the European Champions, who are unbeaten this season, where we havn't won for 10 years, yet we have problems?

Torres should have been off in the first half at 2-1, that would have given us the momentum going into half time and changed the game just as much as what happened after.

Yes , we are conceding, but it was good to see 4-4-2 still work against top clubs.

Devil may care

Only if the points where we outplayed them are mentioned too. In this OP they weren't. Did he not watch the first half an hour?
It seemed to me as if he wanted to discuss the fact that we again looked shakey even after getting 2 up and the ref calls saved us, he didn't word his post all that well but the jump on mob crap on boards is always ugly IMO.