This current team has huge issues...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We've had 'huge issues' for years but, funnily enough, we're still very successful.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'm really not sure why some people bother watching football.

Lance Uppercut

We've had 'huge issues' for years but, funnily enough, we're still very successful.
Huge issues = not thrashing everyone 4 nil.

The sense of entitlement from some of our fans is hilarious.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Too much mediocrity in the side - too many players not good enough to play for Manchester United - terrible recent record in the transfer market - not buying the right players - buying the wrong players - musical chairs selection by Fergie.

Apart from that - we're fine.
:lol:

The Neviller

Whenever we come up against good teams we always just sit back, and look to hit them on the counter, was never comfortable against Chelski, even after going 2-0 up, we just seem to invite them onto us. We'd have lost today if they had 11 men.

Today showed we really missed Vidic at set pieces, was not confident in defending them at all.
What's the point in this statement? They went down to 10 in the first place when one of their players denied one of ours a goal scoring opportunity when he was clean through on goal. If he doesn't make that challenge, Young goes through and scores, they stay with 11 and we're 3-2 up, do we still lose against 11 men? It's a fecking stupid statement, because it isn't one you can back up with any facts, it's just an opinion, and not necessarily a correct one.

Smores

It's interesting when souness is more complimentary about our performance than the caf

NoLogo

Huge issues?

Why always the hyperbole?

Could we do with some strengthening in certain areas?

Certainly.

Could we do with a bit tactical and technical finesse?

Probably.

But we have in no way "huge issues".

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We started bright - but i think we looked to counter. Once 2 nil up we sat back too much, lost of rhythm and that gave them confidence. I think we're guilty of that - but then again, they're the home team...Their first was quality. Their second inevitable - but I think it showed people a quality that some probably think we've lost. We've been shipping in goals, starting games bad but in a big game, we did well

I think midfield is soft but huge issues? Nonsense. Chelsea are a good team - they should be after the money they spent. We did well and were overdue some luck at their ground.

TheReligion

Abusive
We are still missing Vidic, Smalling, Jones, Kagawa... all of which are good enough to be in that first team.

We have huge injury issues, thats about it.

I'm always right

What's the point in this statement? They went down to 10 in the first place when one of their players denied one of ours a goal scoring opportunity when he was clean through on goal. If he doesn't make that challenge, Young goes through and scores, they stay with 11 and we're 3-2 up, do we still lose against 11 men? It's a fecking stupid statement, because it isn't one you can back up with any facts, it's just an opinion, and not necessarily a correct one.
This, and for once I wish the quoted poster would actually reply.

Will Absolute

We started bright - but i think we looked to counter. Once 2 nil up we sat back too much, lost of rhythm and that gave them confidence. I think we're guilty of that - but then again, they're the home team...Their first was quality. Their second inevitable - but I think it showed people a quality that some probably think we've lost. We've been shipping in goals, starting games bad but in a big game, we did well

I think midfield is soft but huge issues? Nonsense. Chelsea are a good team - they should be after the money they spent. We did well and were overdue some luck at their ground.
In the past 5/6 years, we've spent the best part of 300 million. And for all that cash we got one undisputed first choice player - Robin van Persie.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I'm sure right now you're all happy and giddy because we won. But quite frankly, if it wasn't for some very unlikely refereeing calls, we'd have had lost that. In fact, we were having our asses handed to us. We were being totally and utterly outclassed and outplayed. I don't want this thread to be about the calls today (that can go somewhere else) but without them, we wouldn't have won today.

Our defence and our midfield just look a complete and utter shambles. And not only that, even when they were down to 9, we were still sitting back, they were still the better team. And we looked like we could still concede. 9 men, and they still looked like they could nick a goal. How is that even possible?
Now's not the time, really.

Cold_Boy

Well yes its a bit worrying that we lack composure and invite trouble onto us for some reason but feck it we won and I don't care now.

Ole'sbodyguard

Can't see why people are complaining.

United completely outplayed CHelsea first half bar the last 10 minutes and we were slightly unlucky to concede IMO. Brilliant free kick from Mata.

Second half Chelsea had the momemtum tum first 10/15 minutes and got a deserved equaliser.

I thought we re-grouped well before the Ivanovic sending off and were getting back into the game then and the red card was completely deserved.

After that, we got the win we deserved although got lucky with Hernandez's goal.

It's not our fault Ivanvoic committed a clear professional foul and Torres got a second yellow.

I think the team deserve credit for outplaying a top side away from home for the most part and people will moan about anything.

To be honest the serial moaning on the CAF is fecking annoying. That's a huge win to go with Anfield and St James Park away wins and was a bloody good performance from United.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Did you only watch 30 minutes of the 90 minute match or something, OP?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We've had the same issue as in the last 3 season, our midfield. But we're not as bad as some make it out

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Yes it was disappointing that we didn't score when they were down to 9, but at the end of t'day, we won.

And when we played against eleven, we scored twice.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Two evenly matched teams. One on top, then the other, then a scrap to the finish in which they got two players red carded (not the ref sent them off, their actions in trying to beat us, got them sent off) and we came out on top. Sounds alright to me.

Defensive issues? Yes, we have. Now take a look around Europe and tell me which big teams are making it look easy. Attackers are on the rise again!

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I'm really not sure why some people bother watching football.
It's so weird. I was expecting a thread like this after a win at SB, and as usual the forum delivers. Let's not enjoy the fact we've just had our first win there in god knows how many years, there's things to complain about!

The Neviller

In the past 5/6 years, we've spent the best part of 300 million. And for all that cash we got one undisputed first choice player - Robin van Persie.
Given this, is it any wonder we've been consistently shit for the last 5/6 years? If we'd spent better we might have won a trophy or two in that time.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
It's so weird. I was expecting a thread like this after a win at SB, and as usual the forum delivers. Let's not enjoy the fact we've just had our first win there in god knows how many years, there's things to complain about!
Ten years, first win in ten years at Stamford Bridge.

Interval

Level
I thought we were excellent today. The only thing we lacked in the middle period was composure rather than any inherent issues with the team.

New bunch of players. Will mature in a season or so.

Skywarden

They had 9 men on the pitch and still looked like scoring. We still looked shit scared every time they attacked.

That's got nothing to do with 200 million pounds worth of attacking talent. That's just pure incompetence.
They were the home team and coming back from a 0-2 result, of course they would want to rely on that momentum to grab a victorious goal. As an opposite reaction, we had to slow down and back off otherwise we'd give up space for them to rip through.

Sometimes you just have to contain aggression and we did just that.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
In the last month I've seen City get destroyed by Ajax and seen Swansea play them off the park.

Chelsea get destroyed by Shaktar and saw Stoke deserve a win at the bridge.

Arsenal fluke a 1-0 win against QPR thanks to the ref.

But obviously we have major problems after beating the league leaders away from home.

NEVER have we had a match against Chelsea in the immediate memory where we've played better than that at the Bridge.

FFS. Perspective.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
They had 9 men on the pitch and still looked like scoring. We still looked shit scared every time they attacked.

That's got nothing to do with 200 million pounds worth of attacking talent. That's just pure incompetence.
Get a grip. We won the match.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Sell Girgie, Fire Figgs!...Stop being so bloody negative and enjoy the result!