g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

This team is ready

Tap

This team is ready to be thrown under the bus. They deserve the 3rd year Jose treatment.

Mindhunter

The team has to be completely rebuilt and it has to start from the back. Shaw and AWB aren't good enough for an attacking team will full backs. Our midfield barring Fred is absolute trash and probably the reason why we don't control games. All of our strikers are either aging pensioners or highly entitled and overpaid crybabies. Also we need to replace our goalkeeper while we are at it.

I want to hear if anyone feels otherwise.

stw2022

We accept mediocrity. Pogba has three good games a year, we buy full backs who get nosebleeds in opposition areas, we accept two years of shit from a certain player because he may be a bit sad at people noticing he’s shit…. the lowering of standards hasn’t come out of a clear blue sky

M Bison

Supports
York City
We buy well in the summer and we’ll be up there again, we all saw the impact Bruno had when he first came in.

Put a quality CM and CF in the side and we’re a completely different team, add to that some actual coaching and development and we’ll be fine imo.

This season has been a disaster, but the squad isn’t in as bad shape as is made out, it’s massively underperforming but not lacking in ability.

stw2022

Fernandes has been living off those first few months for a while

JuriM

Quality manager, quality additions to vital positions, and full-length pre-season can do miracles.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The team has to be completely rebuilt and it has to start from the back. Shaw and AWB aren't good enough for an attacking team will full backs. Our midfield barring Fred is absolute trash and probably the reason why we don't control games. All of our strikers are either aging pensioners or highly entitled and overpaid crybabies. Also we need to replace our goalkeeper while we are at it.

Shaw is definitely good enough if he gets his shit together. In fact there's barely any fullbacks out there who are better than an in-form Shaw. The problem is his inconsistency, but I want to see what he can do in a properly functioning team with an actual proper set-up before writing him off. If he develops that consistency he is a huge benefit to the team.

Otherwise I mostly agree with you. I'm confident Sancho will be good in a proper set-up. Shaw 'should' be as well, as said above. Bruno probably deserves a chance to show if he can fit in a more team-oriented style. That might get the best out of Varane as well. Lindelof and Fred are at least good squad players, and possibly could be more than that. Otherwise, there's not a player in the team that I'd lose any sleep over if they left (in fact there are a number I think need to be sold). Maybe Rashford to give him one last chance to get his shit together, but that's more for sentimental reasons than actual belief in him .

OrcaFat

It was never ready.

In my opinion it wasn’t far away this time last year. Since then, for one reason or another, the players have been playing much worse than they are capable of playing.

I still think most of the players can recapture their best form and the right manager can bring it out of them consistently.

However, there’s no escaping the lack of quality in CM. I like all our midfielders, each in their own way has contributed on our good days. They’re just not title-winning quality. If by some miracle we manage to sort out CM, the rest of the team will have more chance of getting back on track. Maybe there’s no saving them but that idea is too depressing.

Steve 007

De Gea has without competition been our best player this season. Possibly back to being one of the best in the world.

We can only do so much with the funds we have.
We need to replace Pogba with quality(we thought he’d be) when he goes. We need Maguire to produce which might not happen so we need a CB and we need a striker. As much as I agree that we probably need one more full back we have more pressing issues. Losing Cavani, Martial, Pogba, Lingard is a lot of attacking talent. Ten Haag or whoever gets this, will know this is a long term job with many transfer windows to fox this mess.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
So you’re saying this team has peaked and now we are seeing a downward spiral that can’t be undone by any other manager in world football?
Yep. I was 95% right. Deluded that Bruno was a winner but the rest was all correct.

AndySmith1990

This feels like our lowest point. It's heart breaking to see how far we've fallen from the top, and it's infuriating to think there were so many United fans over the years daring to look down on those of us who criticised the club and players for not meeting the standards that United should be striving to achieve.

Everyone associated with the embarrassment we've become should be ashamed.

Skills

Snitch
This feels like our lowest point. It's heart breaking to see how far we've fallen from the top, and it's infuriating to think there were so many United fans over the years daring to look down on those of us who criticised the club and players for not meeting the standards that United should be striving to achieve.

Everyone associated with the embarrassment we've become should be ashamed.
They're responsible for this shit. Their chosen man is responsible for us falling so far off the pace. His signings, poor squad building and that fecking cultural reset

Tarrou

am I the only one confused by the OP saying the opposite to the thread title?

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
0 shots on target or off target that 1st half.

It doesnt matter who the manager is or what the tactics are. This season is all on the players. They have no pride or no professionalism. They should all be moved on.