This version of United Road then......

didsbury1982

I think i'm going to start self harming if I have to listen to that version of United Road ever again! I'm not sure if I can face a whole season of it! There must be something we can do like a petition or similar to let the club know how unhappy a lot of the fans are with it. The only problem is some fan's do seem to actually like it. For those fortunate enough to have never heard it here's the lyrics:

I was born to be United,
Daddy told me, when I was just a baby;
When I was five, I went down Warwick Road;
Now I'm addicted to the only place I'll go

Chorus

Take me home,
United Road,
To the place I belong,
To Old Trafford,
To see United,
Take me home, United Road
All my memories,
Bobby Charlton,
Georgie Best and Cantona,
They came to us from heaven;
Then in the Nou Camp in 1999,
On Sir Matt Busby's birthday,
Oh it was party time

Chorus

I watch the Reds,
I feel the noise,
The crowd is roaring;
The Stretford End is singing
And the fans are going wild;

And when I'm gone I get a feeling
That I should've been home yesterday,
Yesterday, oh!

Just imagine that but sung by an incredibly cheesy voice. Seriously though, away fan's must fecking piss themselves when they hear that!

Rednails

Its better than the calyso though! I would like some sort of version of Glory, Glory Man United, Glory, Glory, Man United.

didsbury1982

I love singing United Calypso! I could see how someone wouldn't like the version they used to play though.

Ixion

I reckon more people join in singing that United Road song than any chant or song during the actual game.

didsbury1982

I reckon more people join in singing that United Road song than any chant or song during the actual game.

That's total bollocks! They only sing the chorus for a start. And the grounds not usually full when it comes on. No one would sing Daddy told me, when I was just a baby surely. If your interrogating someone feck japanese water torture or anything like that. Get that song on for an hour and they'll tell you anything!

Paddy

paddyf091
Its horrific. The cheesy voice is almost as bad as the lyrics. "I watch the Reds" is the worst part, always makes me wonder why I couldn't have waited longer before getting to my seat.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i had to listen to half an hour of it on constant repeat whilst phoning to get tickets the other day. they left a long enough pause between it finishing and starting again for me to get my hopes up that it might not actually come back. i died a little inside every time it started again.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
It's one of the worst songs i've heard. I seem to remember the Arsenal fans chanting "What the fecking hell was that?! straight after it was played live before the 4-0 thrashing and rightly so.

It's just horrific. More of the Red Army Soviet Anthem wouldn't go amiss as opposed to this shite.

ciderman9000000

What's so bad about it? The vocals are a bit cheesey, but it's not a bad tune, get's everyone singing before the match so it cant be all bad. It also serves the purpose of giving all the top reds something to moan about to prove they're topper reds than those who sing.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
What's so bad about it? The vocals are a bit cheesey, but it's not a bad tune, get's everyone singing before the match so it cant be all bad. It also serves the purpose of giving all the top reds something to moan about to prove they're topper reds than those who sing.
this is my main problem with it.

Ronaldo No.9

Redcafe FIFA Champion 2010
''Ronaldo was the attacker more difficult to tackl
It's one of the worst songs i've heard. I seem to remember the Arsenal fans chanting "What the fecking hell was that?! straight after it was played live before the 4-0 thrashing and rightly so.

It's just horrific. More of the Red Army Soviet Anthem wouldn't go amiss as opposed to this shite.
:eek: Must be bad if they were chanting.

ciderman9000000

United's flag, is deepest red
It shrouded all our Munich dead
Before their limbs grew stiff and cold
Their red blood died it's every fold

Raise up United's banner high
Beneath it's shade, we live and die
So keep the faith, and never fear
We'll keep the red flag flying here

We'll never die, we'll never die
So keep the red flag flying high
'Cus Man United'll never die

wish they'd get a recording of that

Feedingseagulls

United's flag, is deepest red
It shrouded all our Munich dead
Before their limbs grew stiff and cold
Their red blood died it's every fold

Raise up United's banner high
Beneath it's shade, we live and die
So keep the faith, and never fear
We'll keep the red flag flying here

So keep the red flag flying high
'Cus Man United'll never die

wish they'd get a recording of that
Could I point out that if a recording of that were played every game we'd be accused of exploiting the memory of Munich.

AIG and the Glazers would probably be blamed as well.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
We'll Never Die, or also Rossobianchi would be fecking class.

ralphie88

Its better than the calyso though!
What, the original version? Bollocks is it.

The thing that really annoys me about the United Road abomination (apart from the god-awful lyrics and that "la la la" *clap clap* bit at the end of the day-trippers....) is the fact that the cnut singing it puts on what appears to be a cheesy American accent to sing it. cnut! :mad:

ralphie88

Rubbish. I've never heard anyone sing anything but the chorus. And the matchgoers have more or less turned their back on United Road in the last couple of years, I like to think because of its corporatisation.

B Cantona

Desperate
That's total bollocks! They only sing the chorus for a start. And the grounds not usually full when it comes on. No one would sing Daddy told me, when I was just a baby surely. If your interrogating someone feck japanese water torture or anything like that. Get that song on for an hour and they'll tell you anything!
I don't know Didsbury, I've noticed a similar trend. Mainly that many people get involved singing or at least clapping to the tune before the game, and these same people don't utter a word during the game itself (unless its a 'big' game)

Given it refers not to our first nor our last European Cup victory, you'd hope they'd take the opportunity to can the damn thing. I guess they can cite the uniqueness of the treble season to keep it going

Good to see a smattering of the 'top red' labelling tribe are in opperation in this thread. This place wouldn't be the same without them :rolleyes:

smallred

i had 45 minutes of it last week. terrible, terrible version of the song, it seriously needs to go. either put up recordings of chants from games or commentry from this season. its not that hard to do. anytime i rin them now, im going to tell them.maybe if enough of us do it, they will listen someday.

Red_Jamie

i always thought the recording had some kind of crowd in it... or is that the actual crowd?

if there's a crowd in the recording he could be right you know... especially in the south/north/family areas...

kf

Its better than the calyso though! I would like some sort of version of Glory, Glory Man United, Glory, Glory, Man United.
feck off is it better than the calypso. The blokes a complete cnut. If I had a gun I'd shoot him myself...

IhabX7

Yes please.
Its totally brilliant. Too bad it doesnt mention Giggsy.

Am I the only one who thinks that Rossobianchi is a bit shit? Having said that, some change in the lyrics and it could a top chant.

didsbury1982

Is this it?

I like it!
Christ! Why the feck did they record a version like that! That's not the one they play at Old Trafford it's this one. I apologise in advance. Also listen to the way he sings Trafford haha

Edited to add, don't see much singing going on there!

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
It was played last night, but it was noticeably quiet.

Maybe the message is getting through....