Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Kairi's head after the steps spot. Opinion seems to be split on whether or not it was Nia's fault. I think she deserves most of the blame, almost everything she does is done with a careless air to it and this was no different. She's an atrocious wrestler.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Kairi's head after the steps spot. Opinion seems to be split on whether or not it was Nia's fault. I think she deserves most of the blame, almost everything she does is done with a careless air to it and this was no different. She's an atrocious wrestler.
Kairi really seems to have had it rough on the main roster. TLC, Nia giving her a now apparently banned buckle bomb and Nia once again here. Nia is basically the new Mabel.

Sylar

Even if nia wasn't hurting people she's terrible. She seems worse than nxt although that could have been nxt hiding her flaws
She's had no memorable matches and her only memorable moment was actually Becky's moment of looking badass after her Raw invasion (and that too was a fck up)

Wwe doesn't deserve kairi.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I think in Chris's case he's just a bit dim. He posted something about the flu statistics at the start of the pandemic too before hastily deleting it.
I think he wants to come across as having a Rogan-esque 'open to opinions' podcast. The thing is I feel like Rogan can be a bit simplistic at times and is happily led on when it comes to discussing certain subjects whereas Jericho always comes across as (or maybe wants to come across as) being a more calculated and intelligent man which is why things like this and having Trump Jr on his podcast rub more people up the wrong way. When someone like Orton has progressed from ALM to BLM you'd hope and expect a thinker like Jericho to at least understand the thought behind it instead of spouting ALM ignorance in reply to criticism. Among wrestling fans I think there's a perception of AEW being more vocally socially progressive than WWE too which, despite not really being true, will have attracted more criticism for him.

I wonder if Taker will post any photos on Instagram with his SS shirt or BLM t-shirt this week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I think he wants to come across as having a Rogan-esque 'open to opinions' podcast. The thing is I feel like Rogan can be a bit simplistic at times and is happily led on when it comes to discussing certain subjects whereas Jericho always comes across as (or maybe wants to come across as) being a more calculated and intelligent man which is why things like this and having Trump Jr on his podcast rub more people up the wrong way. When someone like Orton has progressed from ALM to BLM you'd hope and expect a thinker like Jericho to at least understand the thought behind it instead of spouting ALM ignorance in reply to criticism. Among wrestling fans I think there's a perception of AEW being more vocally socially progressive than WWE too which, despite not really being true, will have attracted more criticism for him.

I wonder if Taker will post any photos on Instagram with his SS shirt or BLM t-shirt this week.
Hmmm you might be right. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of just being an ignoramus as opposed to anything more calculated but his latest Instagram post doesn't help him either.

gormless

I read somewhere that the WWE network has a documentary series regarding Taker. He is interviewed throughout in a thin blue line t shirt. It's been an episodic weekly documentary for about 2 months now, but for some reason they're not releasing the episode this week, I imagine because of the shirt

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I read somewhere that the WWE network has a documentary series regarding Taker. He is interviewed throughout in a thin blue line t shirt. It's been an episodic weekly documentary for about 2 months now, but for some reason they're not releasing the episode this week, I imagine because of the shirt
A Trump shirt too.

And from his wife's instagram, in a "I stand for our national anthem" shirt. So he's definitely one of those...

But Taker has always been a prick going back to the days of "wrestler's court". He and JBL supposedly tormented Chris Kanyon because he was gay.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
A Trump shirt too.

And from his wife's instagram, in a "I stand for our national anthem" shirt. So he's definitely one of those...

But Taker has always been a prick going back to the days of "wrestler's court". He and JBL supposedly tormented Chris Kanyon because he was gay.
Strange as everyone always has good things to say about him

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Hmmm you might be right. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of just being an ignoramus as opposed to anything more calculated but his latest Instagram post doesn't help him either.
Yeah I mean I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt, he's a legend and a childhood hero of mine y'know! Unfortunately having seen him speak analytically, eloquently and intelligently over the years on wrestling and a variety of subjects his doubling down on the ALM shite in recent days comes across terribly. I'm glad that people like Owens, Zayn, Ali and (among even more) Nash and XPac are vocal in their support for BLM and their disgust for this shit as it helps to highlight the inner shitbag in the likes of Jericho and Scott Hall.

Aye there was also this posted from his Twitter.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Sick of hearing about 'the greatest wrestling match ever'. Neither wrestler I would assosiate with having the best wrestling skillset, it's just going to be a normal match you see every week

Sylar

Sick of hearing about 'the greatest wrestling match ever'. Neither wrestler I would assosiate with having the best wrestling skillset, it's just going to be a normal match you see every week
Agreed

It's annoying given neither would be classed as the best
And I'm a fan of both

The best Match they've both had is probably a gimmick match
And their Mania match was boring

Its just one of these marketing things destined to fail
It might be awesome but cos of the tag it will be a disappointment

Ekeke

Even if nia wasn't hurting people she's terrible. She seems worse than nxt although that could have been nxt hiding her flaws
She's had no memorable matches and her only memorable moment was actually Becky's moment of looking badass after her Raw invasion (and that too was a fck up)

Wwe doesn't deserve kairi.
She had one or two good matches with Asuka, but everyone has. Its difficult with Nia because shes very hard to replace, a woman of her size to do the easy "big vs small" and build up the babyfaces when they beat her. There's other thicc women but not many that can be billed at 6 feet tall. Just like WWE has had some terrrible tall guys just because they are tall, she gives something that others dont. If she was 5'3 I'm sure she would have wasted her chances by now with too many incidents. I remember a couple of years ago people would suggest that they should replace Nia with Viper/Piper Niven and although Viper is a much better wrestler, she's 5'8. So she isnt the same either.

So really they need to find other 6 feet tall women who can play that monster role even against someone like Charlotte.

They had Alpha Female/Jazzy Gabert who is 6'1 but despite getting over in the first May Young Classic they didnt want to do anything with her on the main roster. Other than that they needing to find some other people at the performance center.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
She had one or two good matches with Asuka, but everyone has. Its difficult with Nia because shes very hard to replace, a woman of her size to do the easy "big vs small" and build up the babyfaces when they beat her. There's other thicc women but not many that can be billed at 6 feet tall. Just like WWE has had some terrrible tall guys just because they are tall, she gives something that others dont. If she was 5'3 I'm sure she would have wasted her chances by now with too many incidents. I remember a couple of years ago people would suggest that they should replace Nia with Viper/Piper Niven and although Viper is a much better wrestler, she's 5'8. So she isnt the same either.

So really they need to find other 6 feet tall women who can play that monster role even against someone like Charlotte.

They had Alpha Female/Jazzy Gabert who is 6'1 but despite getting over in the first May Young Classic they didnt want to do anything with her on the main roster. Other than that they needing to find some other people at the performance center.
They've got a ready-made monster in Raquel Gonzalez. She's 6ft, maybe more, and jacked...

She's already playing Dakota's bodyguard on NXT. Never saw her wrestle but it would be impressive if she's worse than Nia.

Ekeke

They've got a ready-made monster in Raquel Gonzalez. She's 6ft, maybe more, and jacked...

She's already playing Dakota's bodyguard on NXT. Never saw her wrestle but it would be impressive if she's worse than Nia.
She's as green as they come.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Between the WWE's ridiculous "The Greatest Match Ever" tagline and that AEW seemingly going out of its way to try and force the main event to be this "epic" match that it really wasn't... whats with Wrestling companies trying to force these things?! As opposed to you know... just letting them happen organically? Like they've always feckin' done.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I've read a few reasons behind the "Greatest Match Ever" tagline, one being it's WWE thumbing their noses at internet fans who were disappointed with the Edge/Orton at Mania. Another being it's just google search optimisation. Google "Greatest wrestling match ever" and most of the first page is Edge/Orton related.

Vince is getting older and older and he's taken a lot of hits to the head over the years, who knows what his reasoning is for any of this.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I've read a few reasons behind the "Greatest Match Ever" tagline, one being it's WWE thumbing their noses at internet fans who were disappointed with the Edge/Orton at Mania. Another being it's just google search optimisation. Google "Greatest wrestling match ever" and most of the first page is Edge/Orton related.

Vince is getting older and older and he's taken a lot of hits to the head over the years, who knows what his reasoning is for any of this.
I just feel bad for Edge and Orton... who will most likely have a very good match, but will obviously never be able to live up to that billing.

I can't imagine for a second that either of them are happy with it.

Sylar

Kinda harsh on Edge whos been great since his return. (But returning with no crowd kinda sucks).
I have a feeling Orton if he had his way, would try and make it the worst match ever on purpose :lol:

paulscholes18

Surely there’s Nothing left for Ciampa and Jonny Gargano in NXT, need to be called up to Smackdown and Raw respectively

paulscholes18

What was the point of giving Charlotte the NXT title, yet drop it without being pinned. Happy Io won though

Andersons Dietician

I saw her post before watching RAW so was looking for it and figured it was probably something to do with Nia. I saw the stair spot and kinda thought that must be where she split her head open but to me she looked like she was in control of that spot.

I’d have to watch it again but just seemed to be a 2nd phase to me after the initial shove. Maybe Nia is just incredibly strong but I don’t know if she is to blame on this one.

Ekeke

Just watched some of NXT In your house. I expected the main event to be really quite good with Rhea and Io in there, both individually some of the better female wrestlers. But there was a lot of sloppiness in the match and being on different pages from all of the participants. There were still a couple of highlights but I'm sure Rhea and Io can do better next time.

I'm delighted for Io to get her chance as champion and a big moment. The spot she did diving off the set looked like she smacked her face on the floor so I hope shes okay. She also landed her knees in Rheas face so same for her.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with it and its just fortunate timing, but Io's connection with Hana Kimura makes the timing better too. Hana may have always been destined to be a wrestler like her mother, but she originally wasnt interested. She helped out back stage as a favor to her mother doing some merch stuff and she peaked out from the back and into the ring. Thats where she saw Io Shirai in the ring and what made her want to go into wrestling. One of Io's signature moves in Stardom was the front dropkick, from standing as well as her springboard version she uses in WWE. Hana Kimura also had one of the best jumping front dropkicks and would come off the top turnbuckle with a good one too and I'm sure thats because either Io taught her it or because Io was the one who really made her want to wrestle. So Hana's wrestling hero is now NXT womens champion 15 days after Hana killed herself.

I hope Io has a great run.

Meltzer is talking up the main event which is no surprise because Charlotte was in it.

Edit - Honestly didnt notice it at the time, but Dakota Kai dyed her hair pink in tribute to Hana as well

Last edited:

Sylar

Finally finished takeover. The parking lot brawl was great fun.
Karrion Kross and Scarlett are just superstars.

Main event was a fun watch, but Io winning is the best.

AshRK

Man this aj/bryan match was amazing. It's ironic how they have edge/orton termed as the greatest wrestling match when it should have been this. Really good match.

So has Aj won all the title in wwe since joining them?

vanthaman

Winner
Man this aj/bryan match was amazing. It's ironic how they have edge/orton termed as the greatest wrestling match when it should have been this. Really good match.

So has Aj won all the title in wwe since joining them?
has he won tag titles?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Meltzer, the gobshite, saying WWE were trying to hide Keith Lee's "Black Lives Matter" attire and purposely not filming his ass because it was on his trunks.

Explain why this is being shared on their twitter and website then?

Same guy who compared wrestling fans being called "marks" to black people being called the n-word. He's such a wanker.