g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Ekeke

Did you win?
In my heart. I have aspergers so I didnt know if I could deal with the noise/atmosphere. Handled it whilst getting boos, and coming 2nd to the most popular babyface in the match :smirk::lol:

Was a sell out too in our venue, and first show for the promotion with I believe 160 people. The crowd was great, so into it and loud

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
In my heart. I have aspergers so I didnt know if I could deal with the noise/atmosphere. Handled it whilst getting boos, and coming 2nd to the most popular babyface in the match :smirk::lol:

Was a sell out too in our venue, and first show for the promotion with I believe 160 people. The crowd was great, so into it and loud
That is awesome man, I have someone at work who I manage who is living with Aspergers and I know quite well how difficult he has it. To be able to overcome that and get into something like Pro Graps is really something else.

Now, think like Kevin Nash would, gimmick the shit out of it and get the bastards to put you over :)

Ekeke

That is awesome man, I have someone at work who I manage who is living with Aspergers and I know quite well how difficult he has it. To be able to overcome that and get into something like Pro Graps is really something else.

Now, think like Kevin Nash would, gimmick the shit out of it and get the bastards to put you over :)
:lol: Taking notes

JP77

Already 9 matches on the All Out card and no Cage/Starks, Miro/Kingston, Cody/Black or FTR/LAX. Feels as if no more than one of those is happening.

Cody in AEW is weird. He was arguably the most over wrestler in North America in 2019, but since losing to Jericho for the title and MJF at the following PPV, he’s been so in and out. I guess the TNT title was a big deal when he beat Archer, but he missed All Out last year after dropping that for the first time. He dropped it for a second time against Allin in November last year, and has done nothing of note since then. It’s currently looking as if he won’t be at All Out again.

For a guy who was so hungry to leave WWE to prove himself and without whom AEW would never have been formed, he’s felt quite peripheral for the best part of a year. First he seemed to be distracted with outside projects and celeb tie-ins. Now he’s recently become a dad, so presume he will have more time away from the ring for that.

You would have thought these years would be his prime. I think his Southern-style matches depend a lot on having a live crowd, so he was probably a bigger loser than most from not having that to feed off. It doesn’t appear that he’s in a real drive to make up for lost time though now the fans are back.
Probably a combination of those things but I definitely think they've tried to hold back on pushing him too heavily in case fans turned on him. He was at the forefront of so much at the beginning, over push him and there's every chance the fans turn on it. I definitely think they're playing the long game and he eventually wins the title.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

That’s brilliant mate! Well done to you, how long did the match go on for? Did you get an entrance? :D

Ekeke

That’s brilliant mate! Well done to you, how long did the match go on for? Did you get an entrance? :D
Apparently about 7 mins including entrances. Felt like 3 or 4 :lol: I milked my entrance a bit going around the outside and staring at the people saying stuff. There was one guy cheering for me which was a bit weird and unexpected, and one girl stood up and told me to pull my shorts up. I just stared at her for about 10 seconds.

When I was first asked if I wanted to be on the show my answer was that I have loads of stuff I want to improve first. But then a short simple match or a squash was suggested and I was like sure, just stuff I cant forget and wont be too bad if the atmosphere gets to me a bit. Was mainly about getting through the day, learning to build the ring, being out all day which I rarely do as I get tired and just getting myself in front of a crowd and hopefully not panicking. I played guitar and bass and never performed at my school concert for example, so yeah. Even being around everyone in the back socially, going out with my top off etc. was a new experience. I feel like I will be more confident to do more stuff next time and loosen up as my character too. As is always the case with anxiety, the fear is worse than the reality.

Last edited:

Ekeke

what was/is your big move? Are they still using chain calls like "international"
Yes the international is still taught and expected. And as I said, very basic match just being a heel smashing at my opponent's back, choking, stomping and a couple of stern clotheslines.

I'm not going to spoil my "big moves", as I come up with my own and obviously I think they're cool so people can come watch them live. None of them were to be seen last night, it was about my opponent's surprise return and the crowd going nuts for him and seeing him win. I just wanted to get some reactions to my character, and I got one pop from my first clothesline. So thats something too.

Mostly it was just everyone into my opponent and his moves being effective, me flying in the air almost doing a moonsault from a shoulder tackle and tapping out to a guy I didnt take seriously

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
That Lucha Bros v JE match was great. Surprising winner too.

Slightly apprehensive that Ray Fenix might kill himself at the ppv now though. God knows what he'll try off the cage.

Sylar

Yes the international is still taught and expected. And as I said, very basic match just being a heel smashing at my opponent's back, choking, stomping and a couple of stern clotheslines.

I'm not going to spoil my "big moves", as I come up with my own and obviously I think they're cool so people can come watch them live. None of them were to be seen last night, it was about my opponent's surprise return and the crowd going nuts for him and seeing him win. I just wanted to get some reactions to my character, and I got one pop from my first clothesline. So thats something too.

Mostly it was just everyone into my opponent and his moves being effective, me flying in the air almost doing a moonsault from a shoulder tackle and tapping out to a guy I didnt take seriously
Are your matches being recorded so you can watch them after?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

Did my training with NWA Hammerlock in the mid 90's, got to do a couple of Rumbles with my friend, our aim was to be a tag team but the UK scene was so dead then that the opportunities were few and far between. We had a very strong style ( mostly because we'd been doing wrestling since kids in parks, how we both didn't end up being crippled is beyond me, bumps on grass ), we got to do 10 minutes in the battle royals and we were to eliminated by the match winner ( who was also our trainer ) with my friend gorilla pressing to throw me out but he gets dropped kick from behind to send both him and I over the ropes, but we just decided to put on the best show we we could and carried it on outside of the ring to the curtains and got some good pops. Got invited back for a couple more but the lack of any money to even just help with fuel started affecting us, especially with us forking out to the trainer and him using us for free to teach the newcomers in the end it just fizzled out for us. Shame as we were told by the promoters we were very good and naturals. My friend had the better chance than me as I'm a short arse ( I was though 15 stone solid ) and he just had that look that audiences reacted to, but could hold my own in the technical, I was a great lander, seller and strong enough to work with the bigger guys.

Good luck to you

Ekeke

Did my training with NWA Hammerlock in the mid 90's, got to do a couple of Rumbles with my friend, our aim was to be a tag team but the UK scene was so dead then that the opportunities were few and far between. We had a very strong style ( mostly because we'd been doing wrestling since kids in parks, how we both didn't end up being crippled is beyond me, bumps on grass ), we got to do 10 minutes in the battle royals and we were to eliminated by the match winner ( who was also our trainer ) with my friend gorilla pressing to throw me out but he gets dropped kick from behind to send both him and I over the ropes, but we just decided to put on the best show we we could and carried it on outside of the ring to the curtains and got some good pops. Got invited back for a couple more but the lack of any money to even just help with fuel started affecting us, especially with us forking out to the trainer and him using us for free to teach the newcomers in the end it just fizzled out for us. Shame as we were told by the promoters we were very good and naturals. My friend had the better chance than me as I'm a short arse ( I was though 15 stone solid ) and he just had that look that audiences reacted to, but could hold my own in the technical, I was a great lander, seller and strong enough to work with the bigger guys.

Good luck to you
Thanks man. Appreciate your story of your experiences

Berbasbullet

Apparently about 7 mins including entrances. Felt like 3 or 4 :lol: I milked my entrance a bit going around the outside and staring at the people saying stuff. There was one guy cheering for me which was a bit weird and unexpected, and one girl stood up and told me to pull my shorts up. I just stared at her for about 10 seconds.

When I was first asked if I wanted to be on the show my answer was that I have loads of stuff I want to improve first. But then a short simple match or a squash was suggested and I was like sure, just stuff I cant forget and wont be too bad if the atmosphere gets to me a bit. Was mainly about getting through the day, learning to build the ring, being out all day which I rarely do as I get tired and just getting myself in front of a crowd and hopefully not panicking. I played guitar and bass and never performed at my school concert for example, so yeah. Even being around everyone in the back socially, going out with my top off etc. was a new experience. I feel like I will be more confident to do more stuff next time and loosen up as my character too. As is always the case with anxiety, the fear is worse than the reality.
Cracking stuff mate! Sounds like you’ve made a great start to your career!

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I had my first match tonight. Can finally say I am a wrestler :lol:
Thats amazing, congrats! How long have you been trainining to get to this point (assuming you did some through a school or something)?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Brilliant @Ekeke .. Good luck to you mate.

Your heel work in this thread will help your character no end .. :lol:;)

Sylar

That Lucha Bros v JE match was great. Surprising winner too.

Slightly apprehensive that Ray Fenix might kill himself at the ppv now though. God knows what he'll try off the cage.
Yeah, i was surprised at the winner too. But what a great match.

Giannis going crazy and being hyped was brilliant too. The crowd however sounded so dead which was a shame.

FahadiHossein

Anyone knows why NXT UK is still so small after so many years? They are still not running their shows in bigger arenas and they are also not touring or having takeovers in the UK.

Ekeke

Anyone knows why NXT UK is still so small after so many years? They are still not running their shows in bigger arenas and they are also not touring or having takeovers in the UK.
Think it has a small audience on the network and probably with WWE having worse business with live shows and their money coming from tv deals, big live shows with nxt uk wouldnt sound that lucrative.

Its a shame though because theres plenty of fantastic wrestlers and good matches on the show. But barely anyone talks about it

Castia

The state of Nia Jax how is she still In a WWE ring she’s just dangerous.

Every match of hers is a botch fest.

Last edited:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The clip goes on much longer than that...

Charlotte really wanted to hit back after Nia's punches but thought better of it.

Nia could kill someone in the ring and she still wouldn't be sacked. The safety being The Rock and Roman's cousin affords you.

Berbasbullet

Anyone see yesterday's Heels.

Great episode.
Enjoyed it! I thought the second was slow but these wrestling shows always are at the best when it directly involves the wrestling and not the background relationships.

Sylar

The clip goes on much longer than that...

Charlotte really wanted to hit back after Nia's punches but thought better of it.

Nia could kill someone in the ring and she still wouldn't be sacked. The safety being The Rock and Roman's cousin affords you.
Both overrated :nervous:

Andersons Dietician

I see like nothing wrong with that clips. Charlotte slow to come off the ropes to go in to the Samoan drop but that block looks like it was planned.

choccy77

Basically the two of them started shoot hitting each other midway through the match and did the planned finish.

Afterwards in the back they were fine. Just one of those things, where something just went of plan for a few minutes.