Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I don't think there's anyone who's going to argue for QT vs Wight being at the PPV. I'm sure Big Show has some value for casual/ex-WWE viewers, but nobody is invested in this. The angle on Dynamite got some decent heat with the live crowd though, so hopefully something comes of it. I think it will just act as a cooler after Punk vs Allin.

With Pac vs Andrade being postponed, I was hoping we get Starks vs Cage at the PPV now. That match deserves to be there. Pushing the Women's Battle Royale up and adding an Orange Cassidy vs Hardy Family match to the pre-show is a bit uninspiring. Starting to lose a bit of sympathy for Pac's series of unfortunate events. He either needs to commit to AEW or they need to move on from him. There's disruption to his storylines every couple of months with travel and visa issues.

As Danielson is heavily rumoured, I'm guessing Omega vs Christian Cage does go on last and Danielson comes out post-match to start a feud with The Elite. Omega vs Danielson is an absolute dream match.

Definitely agree with AEW needing more PPVs. We don't need 12, but 6-8 would be welcome. The gaps between the big shows are too large and leads to awkward pacing.

Sylar

I don't think there's anyone who's going to argue for QT vs Wight being at the PPV. I'm sure Big Show has some value for casual/ex-WWE viewers, but nobody is invested in this. The angle on Dynamite got some decent heat with the live crowd though, so hopefully something comes of it. I think it will just act as a cooler after Punk vs Allin.

With Pac vs Andrade being postponed, I was hoping we get Starks vs Cage at the PPV now. That match deserves to be there. Pushing the Women's Battle Royale up and adding an Orange Cassidy vs Hardy Family match to the pre-show is a bit uninspiring. Starting to lose a bit of sympathy for Pac's series of unfortunate events. He either needs to commit to AEW or they need to move on from him. There's disruption to his storylines every couple of months with travel and visa issues.

As Danielson is heavily rumoured, I'm guessing Omega vs Christian Cage does go on last and Danielson comes out post-match to start a feud with The Elite. Omega vs Danielson is an absolute dream match.

Definitely agree with AEW needing more PPVs. We don't need 12, but 6-8 would be welcome. The gaps between the big shows are too large and leads to awkward pacing.
6 is a decent number. You get two months of build and also every month they can have a dynamite special to build to as well

choccy77

Out to cheers and leaves to boos with Bianca getting cheered against her.

The heel turn is clearly working perfectly but people are too stubborn to admit it.
What annoys me about Bianca (WWE) she loses the title and both weeks, she comes out smiling and dancing etc She should be angry and literally marching to the ring for justice etc.

It's just so stupid.

Ekeke

Out to cheers and leaves to boos with Bianca getting cheered against her.

The heel turn is clearly working perfectly but people are too stubborn to admit it.
Yeah theres nothing better than a heel getting a big pop, cheers, and you deserve it chants

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This feels like just shitting on WWE for the sake of it. We’re clearly still in the stage of planting seeds for a full Becky heel turn, but so far it’s going well.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Becky looks really ill. Far too skinny.
She is definitely thinner but she doesn't look unhealthy...

Looks great to me.

This feels like just shitting on WWE for the sake of it. We’re clearly still in the stage of planting seeds for a full Becky heel turn, but so far it’s going well.
This is it. They do precious little well these days but this is clearly working as intended.

The majority of the internet got in a huff after Summerslam and said it was doomed to fail. Now they won't backtrack because that would be admitting they were wrong.

Ladron de redcafe

Looks great to me.

This is it. They do precious little well these days but this is clearly working as intended.

The majority of the internet got in a huff after Summerslam and said it was doomed to fail. Now they won't backtrack because that would be admitting they were wrong.
Yeah, I agree. There's something about some people that impels them to complain regardless of what they're watching, perhaps because of precisely what you mentioned.

This is clearly a well executed angle, as is the Reigns Vs Brock angle they're setting up.

Sylar

If Becky manages to get big boos as a big heel constantly, then that's a great job by WWE and her
But it will be useless unless they can make bianca an even bigger star than she is

Hopefully they do cos bianca is great
And Becky is great, and when she eventually turns face again, it will be good for her

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Looks great to me.

Until meltzer says it's working and suddenly it was always their opinion.

choccy77

The "You deserve it" chants were hardly organic :lol: She specifically requested the chants like a heel would and even then they were half-arsed.
If she really wanted to go all out, she would have turned on the crowd blatantly.

I know it's turning her slowly, but let's face it, it so often blows up in Vince's face because of his poor booking.

Maybe she could have done something with Seth perhaps in a tag match and that would have helped the full turn push.

Ladron de redcafe

So the heel asked for something and the crowd gave it.
A small section of the crowd indulged her with desultory chants, while the rest booed.

Having said that, heels asking for chants and getting them is nothing new. Rock - at the apogee of his heel run with the corporation - constantly did it. It doesn't mean he wasn't a heel.

Sylar

Who says Becky is a heel by the way? If anything she comes across as somebody who is turning to the dark side more than somebody who is there

sewey89

Who says Becky is a heel by the way? If anything she comes across as somebody who is turning to the dark side more than somebody who is there
I’m assuming Meltzer.

The worst thing about wrestling nowadays is that we’re not allowed to just watch it and enjoy it. It was so much better pre-twitter as people would just take it for what it was. Now, instead of enjoying and intriguing Becky heel turn, which is clearly coming, but not there yet… it’s a failure because the biggest babyface of the women’s division, possibly ever, got cheered when she came out for the 3rd time since returning.

Ekeke

I’m assuming Meltzer.

The worst thing about wrestling nowadays is that we’re not allowed to just watch it and enjoy it. It was so much better pre-twitter as people would just take it for what it was. Now, instead of enjoying and intriguing Becky heel turn, which is clearly coming, but not there yet… it’s a failure because the biggest babyface of the women’s division, possibly ever, got cheered when she came out for the 3rd time since returning.
Yes Meltzer asked "people who would know" in WWE

Here's an excerpt from the 3rd WON on the website from 1988. Behind the scenes wrestling news isnt new.

" 1/23 in Cincinnati drew 3,000 as Jimmy Valiant pinned Jim Lancaster, Blanchard beat Jim Garvin via count out, Ivan Koloff & Warlord beat Rock & Roll in 15 seconds when warlord pinned Ricky (the departure of R&R stems from this match, not sure what was supposed to happen but the end result was R&R flew with the guys to New York that night, and flew home before the show started with one side saying they were fired and them telling fans in the hotel that they quit), Nikita drew Zbyszko over 20:00 (horrible), Luger pinned Anderson (good) and Sting beat Flair via DQ in 22:00 when Tully, Arn & Lex all came in. An okay match but not up to Flair's usual standard. No-shows here were Sheepherders, Rotunda and Hayes. . . Hayes has apparently quit as well and everyone expects to see him back with World Class. . . There are personal reasons why Nikita's matches have been so bad of late as his head isn't into them. He may be taking a sabbatical shortly. Please don't jump to the conclusion this is drug related, in fact it's nothing he has any control over. . If Williams doesn't return, the UWF title will be forgotten and the unification match will never take place. "

Meltzer's wasnt even the first wrestling news letter. It has nothing to do with twitter. And you are free to enjoy whatever you enjoy. If reading a bit more information about something after you've seen it ruins your enjoyment, truth is you didnt enjoy it that much. Watching a movie you like and seeing IMDB only gave it a 6 shouldnt change your opinion, or stop you from wanting to watch it again. But be prepared for when you suggest the movie to someone else, someone else can easily not enjoy it like you did. Thats why overall the rating wasnt that high. And that might lead to it not getting a sequel because it made less money than they were hoping. You can still go back and watch it whenever you want

Sylar

Meltzer is great at facts and history.

Hes been soso recently in terms of news and rumours and that, so there's every chance he could he wrong on this. Given the way that Becky was at summerslam with her mannerisms and then the two SDs after, that isn't full on heel but more tweener heading towards heel. Nobody would call that a heel turn

Rampage was a lot of fun. Darby is great
So is Black, him vs Dustin on dynamite could he fun. Dustin is still great at promos

Sylar

I’m assuming Meltzer.

Well, here at 8.25 twice, he says they are turning her heel not that she's turned heel

Now what? :lol:

sewey89

Well, here at 8.25 twice, he says they are turning her heel not that she's turned heel

I don’t know who it was who said she was a heel, just that I’d assumed it was him. So everyone is in agreement that she’s on the turn and the reactions are starting to turn already and therefore, it’s working exactly as intended?

Sylar

I don’t know who it was who said she was a heel, just that I’d assumed it was him. So everyone is in agreement that she’s on the turn and the reactions are starting to turn already and therefore, it’s working exactly as intended?
I know

Ekeke responding to you saying it was meltzer who reported it so has been going this whole page and thread eg against @Shane88 that she's certainly a heel on the basis that somebody told meltzer and meltzer said it
So her being cheered is a failure ...

But yeah, big Dave right there saying what most in this thread have said

sewey89

I know

Ekeke responding to you saying it was meltzer who reported it so has been going this whole page and thread eg against @Shane88 that she's certainly a heel on the basis that somebody told meltzer and meltzer said it
So her being cheered is a failure ...

But yeah, big Dave right there saying what most in this thread have said
Ah. Gotcha. Sorry, I get so defensive in this thread :lol:

Anyway, looking forward to watching All Out. It’s intriguing to see Punk wrestle again and all signs seem to be that Bryan will be debuting.

£20 is steep on Fite though. I’ll look for another way to watch it tomorrow I think

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Anyway, looking forward to watching All Out. It’s intriguing to see Punk wrestle again and all signs seem to be that Bryan will be debuting.

£20 is steep on Fite though. I’ll look for another way to watch it tomorrow I think
Midnight start in the UK I think I saw - might watch it. Getting too old for the 3 am starts these days.

Sylar

Haha all good, I expect the thread heel to ignore this conversation and pretend it didn't happen now :lol:

Looking forward to all out too.
The cage (not Christian) match should be the best.
Darby is great in every match I've seen, so exciting and I'm sure he will pull something big for punks first match

Minkaro

Haha all good, I expect the thread heel to ignore this conversation and pretend it didn't happen now :lol:

Looking forward to all out too.
The cage (not Christian) match should be the best.
Darby is great in every match I've seen, so exciting and I'm sure he will pull something big for punks first match
I don't think Brian Cage has a match?

OK, me being hilarious aside, on paper I think you're right. Omega vs Christian should be very good as well though, and I expect Miro vs Kingston to be fun at the very least.

Best case scenario, for me, is Big Show hits the KO Punch immediately, and pins QT, and then we get on with the rest of the show.

Edit: Watching Rampage now, it's good, but I don't think the four man announce team does them any favours. Especially when one of them is CHRIS JERICHO.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I binged four episodes of mid 2000 RAW and Smackdown, just before 2000 KOTR last night.

Jesus Christ just get the writers and production team to watch that and just copy it completely.

It’s so impossibly exciting. Everything feels big and meaningful, everything has an edge, I guess that’s the attitude in Attitude Era. The commentators sound electric and immersed, not forced to say things. The promos are great, everyone seems involved and angry and up for a fight. One of the things that annoys me with the current product is that everyone is too ‘nice’, even the heels. Back in 2000 everyone wants to rip each other’s heads off.

The Punk return has the crowd in raptures at the minute and I think AEW and NXT crowds were fairly good last time I watched something but nothing compared to how awesome the crowds were back then.

There’ll never be anything like it again, unless they consciously choose to go back to it.

I’m gonna watch KOTR later. I can’t remember if it was good or bad at the time but I’m sure it’ll be enjoyable.

Ekeke

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-becky-lynch-friday-ratings-adam-cole-351001

"

A story on the relationship with WWE and 2K is with the announcement the next video game won't be out until March. (thanks to Stephen Lyon)

Regarding the stories of Becky Lynch being a heel, this is definitely the case and she was the one who requested it.

The C.M. Punk return from Friday has 5.6 million YouTube views."

Theres also been previous WOR's where they said she is a heel, not they're doing a slow turn to make her heel. Thats been what they've said since she came back and won the title. So this is inconsistent writing/speaking, or changing the way they talk about it based on the fact that she isn't getting a heel reaction. What is consistent there though is that he thinks its a negative and isnt helping Bianca, even in that clip.

What I will say personally is that I think Bianca's reactions have been fine. Shes getting cheered too. I obviously do have a concern that it might change over time but I think for now her reaction is holding up well. Its just Becky's that, predictably, is a babyface reaction

Since we're talking about Meltzer, I'm listening to WOR now as I finished NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam day 1 so wont get spoiled, and he's talking about Daffney. He says she shot herself in the chest to preserve her brain and wants her brain looked at by the Christopher Nowinski company who are looking at the effect of concussions. Again this will go back to TNA, Russo and Terry Taylor and how they refused to pay her medical bills after she got concussions doing dangerous things they told her to do, like the clip I posted of Abyss chokeslamming her off the apron through barbwire boards and some other incidents.

Last edited:

Sylar

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-becky-lynch-friday-ratings-adam-cole-351001

"

A story on the relationship with WWE and 2K is with the announcement the next video game won't be out until March. (thanks to Stephen Lyon)

Regarding the stories of Becky Lynch being a heel, this is definitely the case and she was the one who requested it.

The C.M. Punk return from Friday has 5.6 million YouTube views."

Theres also been previous WOR's where they said she is a heel, not they're doing a slow turn to make her heel. Thats been what they've said since she came back and won the title. So this is inconsistent writing/speaking, or changing the way they talk about it based on the fact that she isn't getting a heel reaction. What is consistent there though is that he thinks its a negative and isnt helping Bianca, even in that clip.

What I will say personally is that I think Bianca's reactions have been fine. Shes getting cheered too. I obviously do have a concern that it might change over time but I think for now her reaction is holding up well. Its just Becky's that, predictably, is a babyface reaction

Since we're talking about Meltzer, I'm listening to WOR now as I finished NJPW Wrestle Grand Slam day 1 so wont get spoiled, and he's talking about Daffney. He says she shot herself in the chest to preserve her brain and wants her brain looked at by the Christopher Nowinski company who are looking at the effect of concussions. Again this will go back to TNA, Russo and Terry Taylor and how they refused to pay her medical bills after she got concussions doing dangerous things they told her to do, like the clip I posted of Abyss chokeslamming her off the apron through barbwire boards and some other incidents.
Ok I'm not saying you're wrong for repeating what meltzer is saying

The point is you were adamant that it was the case because big Dave said it
Yes Becky probably asked to be turned heel

But everything we've seen from Becky since her returning indicates she isn't a heel but is turning to one
That is the point

And yes short term it won't help bianca because Becky is probably the most popular female wrestler in a long long time if ever
Long term we will not know until it plays out

But Becky being cheered when she comes out doesn't mean it's a failure
Her getting a crowd to turn doesn't mean it's a success, point being let's let it play out