Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The man was heeling up a storm in the run up to his match against The Rock last year, the worst thing he did was step away from Heyman and face turn.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I was incredibly bored of Punk throughout his reign. It's funny that people complain about Cena only having 5 moves, and yet Punk is pretty much the same. They all have their little play by play 4-5 move combo they like to do.
Every superstar does that's not the issue Punk, Bryan, Taker, Jericho.... they can mix it up and do something different whilst still incorporating their moves. Guys Like Cena, Batista and to some extent Orton can't or refuse to granted when Cena or Orton are given someone to help them they can have great matches but they suffer when having to carry a match.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Every superstar does that's not the issue Punk, Bryan, Taker, Jericho.... they can mix it up and do something different whilst still incorporating their moves. Guys Like Cena, Batista and to some extent Orton can't or refuse to granted when Cena or Orton are given someone to help them they can have great matches but they suffer when having to carry a match.
I don't see Punk doing that though. Every match I can remember is the same.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I only remember Punk being good when he had that original rebellious anti establishment run when he ended up running off into the crowd with the title.

As soon as they toned him back down it lost it's edge and he just went back to being like everyone else...except still trying to pretend he wasn't.

The good guy characters in general are so dull, and well, good guy-ish, compared to how they used to be. Even Brian I don't get. What's his personality/character supposed to be, apart from angry at things?

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The man was heeling up a storm in the run up to his match against The Rock last year, the worst thing he did was step away from Heyman and face turn.
On the other hand, Heyman, if anything has gotten better, despite less story involvement with Brock, he just seems more at home, everything is *right*.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I only remember Punk being good when he had that original rebellious anti establishment run when he ended up running off into the crowd with the title.

As soon as they toned him back down it lost it's edge and he just went back to being like everyone else...except still trying to pretend he wasn't.

The good guy characters in general are so dull, and well, good guy-ish, compared to how they used to be. Even Brian I don't get. What's his personality/character supposed to be, apart from angry at things?
spot on.

JSArsenal

What is this hijack Raw thing?

Chanting Cm Punk's name during Raw?

After they all already paid their money to buy tickets?

Seems a bit redundant trying to send a message like that when the bigger message would be a half empty arena or a silent crowd for the entire night, no cheers/boos, just silence.

I don't remember all this furore when Austin left or any other top star for that matter. Much bigger stars than Punk could ever hope to be. I know its been a while but it seems like people have forgotten that wrestlers can and do leave the WWE, even in their prime for various reasons, it isn't a reason to "hijack" the show or anything. So punk left, get over it, he's already made his millions and the WWE can't force him to stay there forever.

Personally wasn't bothered by Punk leaving in any way, I have no recollection of his career from his debut to MITB 2011. Didn't really care for his title reign at all bar his feuds against Jericho and Cena and he was treading water after Mania last year.

If he comes back tonight, meh.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM

Seems a bit redundant trying to send a message like that when the bigger message would be a half empty arena or a silent crowd for the entire night, no cheers/boos, just silence.

I don't remember all this furore when Austin left or any other top star for that matter. Much bigger stars than Punk could ever hope to be. I know its been a while but it seems like people have forgotten that wrestlers can and do leave the WWE, even in their prime for various reasons, it isn't a reason to "hijack" the show or anything. So punk left, get over it, he's already made his millions and the WWE can't force him to stay there forever.

Personally wasn't bothered by Punk leaving in any way, I have no recollection of his career from his debut to MITB 2011. Didn't really care for his title reign at all bar his feuds against Jericho and Cena and he was treading water after Mania last year.

If he comes back tonight, meh.
Its in Chicago though...
The worst thing is, it's quite obvious for some time now that Bryan was going to win the title at Wrestlemania, and when it happens these absolute bell ends will claim that they had something to do with it.
I really don't think it has been at all.

Zarlak

Its in Chicago though...

I really don't think it has been at all.
I've been saying it forever. The pathetic IWC lot have just been impatient. Wanting it yesterday. Wanting it today. Wanting it tomorrow. Wanting it at every opportunity when anyone with an IQ higher than 1 would realise that the only payoff that makes sense is Wrestlemania, and that putting someone in the main storyline with more TV time than anyone else for over a year does not in any way equate to a lack of faith/being buried but infact quite the opposite, pushing someone in the ultimate underdog story.

The IWC lot will claim they forced WWE to listen to them when the dirt sheets were speculating 4 months ago that Bryan was going to be in a triple threat for the title at WM.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger

There wasn't any furor with Austin because Vince addressed it the very next RAW, they have said next to nothing with regards to Punk being absent. The fans want answers and we deserve them, the crowd will be the main story from tonight unless they bring Punk back or at least put an end to the speculation.

JSArsenal

Doesn't matter where it is.

Bret Hart left under much more acrimonious circumstances and there wasn't anything like this planned by the fans. The sense of entitlement nowadays is annoying. I know we all have our favourites but if this is real, Punk is the one who decided he had enough, he is the one who isn't fulfilling the rest of the contract and he is the one who decided he's going to stay at home.

Why aren't any of these ill feelings directed towards him?

I just think that they are upset at WWE's storylines in the past few months and using Punk as a martyr in order to vent their frustrations in the least effective way. Chanting at a show they already paid to be at.

If you can't find any positives in something and just plan to boo every single wrestler, why bother?

I've complained about Bryan before in the past but there are also parts of Raw I enjoy. Orton is my favourite wrestler of this generation so I like his championship run. I also enjoy Bryan's works and the Rhode Brothers, along with the Shield/Wyatts.

It just seems to me that these people don't enjoy Raw at all and are just looking for any excuse to make a mockery of the show.

EDIT

Sure they could acknowledge the Punk situation one way or another on television, or on their website but they haven't. Also that entire show with Vince's speech and Rock trashing Austin did nothing but create more tension between the parties. I remember Austin in particular being annoyed at the Rock's comments when he gave an interview about his walking out, saying how surprised he was at them because him and Rock never had a problem. Its probably likely that the WWE doesn't want to address and possibly say the wrong thing that would make the situation worse. Sometimes its better to say nothing at all.

Zarlak

The sense of entitlement nowadays is annoying. I know we all have our favourites but if this is real, Punk is the one who decided he had enough, he is the one who isn't fulfilling the rest of the contract and he is the one who decided he's going to stay at home.

Why aren't any of these ill feelings directed towards him?
Because that's what kids do on the internet these days. See 4chan.

Ole'sbodyguard

That's harsh on Orton. The guy is capable of having a great match with anyone. He's not a high flyer or have a particularly large moveset but the guy understands what makes a good match and always plays his part right.

If Punk returns tonight, I'd be happy that WWE could keep something like that secret for so long in this day when nothing as a surprise. It would also be great to have this hijack raw things scuppered. I love vocal crowds and by all means show some dissatisfaction if you are bored but crowds who try and take over the show are fecking annoying and take it to far.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
That's harsh on Orton. The guy is capable of having a great match with anyone. He's not a high flyer or have a particularly large moveset but the guy understands what makes a good match and always plays his part right.

If Punk returns tonight, I'd be happy that WWE could keep something like that secret for so long in this day when nothing as a surprise. It would also be great to have this hijack raw things scuppered. I love vocal crowds and by all means show some dissatisfaction if you are bored but crowds who try and take over the show are fecking annoying and take it to far.
I don't like Orton in the slightest, but he's a quality wrestler no doubt, and stepped up to this main event storyline big time.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger

If Punk returns tonight, I'd be happy that WWE could keep something like that secret for so long in this day when nothing is a surprise. It would also be great to have this hijack raw things scuppered.
Given the right opponent he is but I'm slightly biased in the fact that I just don't like him heel or face. Given the choice of watching a Cena or Orton segment / match I'd go with Cena every time.

Ole'sbodyguard

I don't like Orton in the slightest, but he's a quality wrestler no doubt, and stepped up to this main event storyline big time.
Given the right opponent he is but I'm slightly biased in the fact that I just don't like him heel or face. Given the choice of watching a Cena or Orton segment / match I'd go with Cena every time.
I don't like him much either but as a wrestler I can't really fault the guy. Technically his matches are always very good and he plays his part very well. I also think his promos have been much better this year. I still find him abit boring but I think that's partly because he's been on top for so long. Ditto, Cena, although I think Orton is a better wrestler than Cena.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
The biggest problem with the plan is, Punk isn't a WM Main event talent anyway. He's done nothing to prove he is.
How do you come to that conclusion? He's better than anyone else on the mic, not many are on his level when it comes to ability in the ring. He has every attribute for what a main event talent needs to succeed other than his look, he is a better heel than anyone else and he's 2nd only to Cena when it comes to shipping merchandise. His attitude is awful but his talent cannot be questioned.

Ole'sbodyguard

The biggest problem with the plan is, Punk isn't a WM Main event talent anyway. He's done nothing to prove he is.
I think Punk capable of wrestling a mania main event. He wrestled Rock in the main events of RR and EC last year and wrestling Taker at mania is more or less a main event match.

What I'd find weird if he was put in there now is that there's been no build to it, whereas with Bryan it's continuing a 6 month plus angle. What reason does Punk have to fued with Batista or Orton? He was bad mouthing HHH for weeks before he disappeared.

I'm not as confident as Zarlak that the overall end game all along was to get Bryan into that spot of main eventing mania, although I do think he would have had a title run after then, as I really don't think they expected Batista to get the response he has had. But now that they have turned Batista heel that's the way I would expect them to go. It's nothing to do with Internet fans complaining, more to do with Batista getting a highly negative reaction, and the plan having to be changed. If they knew all along that Batista was going to get nuclear heat, then they are better bookers than I give them credit for. I really think he has been a victim of circumstance.

If he does return, he should be against HHH and Bryan in the title match. Not sure why Punk into the title match has now come out as a possibility.

This is all assuming he does return tonight, which I am not 100% sold on. Little things like WWE network following him on twitter over the weekend raise the possibility though.

Zarlak

How do you come to that conclusion? He's better than anyone else on the mic, not many are on his level when it comes to ability in the ring. He has every attribute for what a main event talent needs to succeed other than his look, he is a better heel than anyone else and he's 2nd only to Cena when it comes to shipping merchandise. His attitude is awful but his talent cannot be questioned.
I really can't agree with those statements.

On a less serious note I've just seen this:

:lol::lol:
:lol: That is excellent.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
He's not better than anyone else on the mic, Wyatt and Ambrose are better than him, and Bryan gets the crowd far more excited(lately). He's good in the ring, but nothing special, and has actually been mediocre with the last few months, phoning it in.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
He's not better than anyone else on the mic, Wyatt and Ambrose are better than him, and Bryan gets the crowd far more excited(lately). He's good in the ring, but nothing special, and has actually been mediocre with the last few months, phoning it in.
I disagree other than the phoning it in part, that will have been born out of frustration more than anything. He's great in the ring he's been part of some the best matches in the last couple of years, last year alone his matches with Cena, Taker and Lesnar were all great. The only person you argue been better than him is Bryan.

Sylar

Erm How do you define the IWC? People who use the Internet? People who are vocal and use the internet? Considering now that the majority of WWE fans use the internet / social media and are aware of the goings on and tbh, its not just the vocal crowds of New York / Chicago / Toronto where shows are being hijacked. Its happening in other towns and using Punk / Bryan to voice their displeasure is fine.

Funny thing is I think Orton is a good heel and should be the corporate champion but its been overshadowed by the Authority. Even when you had Vince/Rock as Corporate stable, whilts you had Vince/Shane as figure heads Rock was still the focal point and it was about the title (and he wasnt made to look like an idiot like Orton is)

Also I doubt that WWE was always going to go for triple threat for the WWE World title. With Batista being booed, theyve had to turn him heel (theres no way they envisioned that happening). In fact, they were swaying it towards Punk vs HHH and Bryan was looking like he was going to face Sheamus? Oh well, Raw shall be fun.

Ole'sbodyguard

Erm How do you define the IWC? People who use the Internet? People who are vocal and use the internet? Considering now that the majority of WWE fans use the internet / social media and are aware of the goings on and tbh, its not just the vocal crowds of New York / Chicago / Toronto where shows are being hijacked. Its happening in other towns and using Punk / Bryan to voice their displeasure is fine.

Funny thing is I think Orton is a good heel and should be the corporate champion but its been overshadowed by the Authority. Even when you had Vince/Rock as Corporate stable, whilts you had Vince/Shane as figure heads Rock was still the focal point and it was about the title (and he wasnt made to look like an idiot like Orton is)

Also I doubt that WWE was always going to go for triple threat for the WWE World title. With Batista being booed, theyve had to turn him heel (theres no way they envisioned that happening). In fact, they were swaying it towards Punk vs HHH and Bryan was looking like he was going to face Sheamus? Oh well, Raw shall be fun.
The Rock was never the focal point of Austin vs Mcmahon. Rock, along with Vince and Austin, were just so talented and the angle so well booked that everyone came out of it looking like a million bucks. A lesser guy than the Rock would have been completely over shadowed by Austin and Mcmahon. Probably the best angle the WWE ever did. Certainly my favourite.

Just on Batista, it's worked out really well for him, because he's actually a good heel and as weird as it sounds, most heels don't get the type of reactions he has been getting these days and I miss the days when heels were hated. I would have tuned in tonight, just to see him cut his first heel promo Live before mania, even without these Punk rumours.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Bryan vs Batista announced for tonight. Between that, the crowd, taker/lesnar fall out, supposed Punk return and The Shield v The Wyatts this could be a big one.

Ole'sbodyguard

Bryan vs Batista announced for tonight. Between that, the crowd, taker/lesnar fall out, supposed Punk return and The Shield v The Wyatts this could be a big one.
Just read that. Weird they would announce the Bryan vs Batista match on the website. That's a big match.

I think this will be a big Raw. Going to watch this one, live.

Duffy

Just read that. Weird they would announce the Bryan vs Batista match on the website. That's a big match.

I think this will be a big Raw. Going to watch this one, live.
Same as gonna try and get a few hours lip now and then wake up about 12:45.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
It'll surely be to try and counteract the hijackRAW, rumors of WWE forcing people to remove tweets that they have spotted CM Punk in and about the arena. (Though I don't know how they could stop it getting out....)

Duffy

It'll surely be to try and counteract the hijackRAW, rumors of WWE forcing people to remove tweets that they have spotted CM Punk in and about the arena. (Though I don't know how they could stop it getting out....)
Yeah pics being removed online of him and aj at Chicago airport apparently

Ole'sbodyguard

If Punk is returning, the Hijack raw thing will die instantly and if he was back I would expect him to open the show as it would be the perfect start. If he is back, then Bryan vs Batista is more likely to further an angle.

Would have thought they would have announced it on Smackdown as that's a PPV main event match to go along with Wyatts vs Shield 2.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
If Punk is returning, the Hijack raw thing will die instantly and if he was back I would expect him to open the show. If he is back, then Bryan vs Batista is more likely to further an angle.
I don't think it will, there is more than just the CM Punk thing wrong at the minute. If they do it in a smart way and not just bury everything in the ring tonight it would be a spectacle.

Ole'sbodyguard

I don't think it will, there is more than just the CM Punk thing wrong at the minute. If they do it in a smart way and not just bury everything in the ring tonight it would be a spectacle.
Well, it looks to me Bryan is headed towards the mania main event now anyway that Batista has turned heel and tonight's show was bound to advance that after Batista turned heel.

If Punk was back, Cena is in a mid card fued with an upcomer and Bryan is being pushed to the title picture, what else is wrong with the show? Main complaint I have seen is really about Bryan and the Rumble with some pissed Punk left.

If people are going to the extent of hijacking raw because say someone like Ziggler is down the card, or because Batista or Orton are still in the ME, then that's lunacy.

Obviously this is on the assumption Punk is back and Bryan gets pushed into the mania main event. Even if Punk is not back, it's his decision to walk.

Personally I think a Punk return would kill it instantly.