Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Sylar

The Rock was never the focal point of Austin vs Mcmahon. Rock, along with Vince and Austin, were just so talented and the angle so well booked that everyone came out of it looking like a million bucks. A lesser guy than the Rock would have been completely over shadowed by Austin and Mcmahon. Probably the best angle the WWE ever did. Certainly my favourite.

Just on Batista, it's worked out really well for him, because he's actually a good heel and as weird as it sounds, most heels don't get the type of reactions he has been getting these days and I miss the days when heels were hated. I would have tuned in tonight, just to see him cut his first heel promo Live before mania, even without these Punk rumours.
Rock was the focal point in ring. It was Vince vs Austin in story, but Rock vs Austin in ring. For every face, you need the inring heel equivalent. Agreed everybody came out of it looking good. In the same way, it should have been Authority with Orton vs Bryan in the same manner but for some reason half way through the Authority started doing Yes chants. There was no logic in the story hence it made everybody look silly. Its not been a good story at all and the only ones that come out strong are HHH/Steph as HHH is the real face of the company.

Tonight however is a good way to salvage everything and tie 6 months of storyline and let it finish at WM (and have Bryan pin Orton and thus Batista as the heel as a real gripe and become the next challenger)

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
@Ole'sbodyguard

They'll be a hot crowd tonight regardless, if WWE are bringing him back then it must open the show otherwise it'll derail the whole show. Putting D-Bry in the main event at Mania is what they should do but they may push him into the match with HHH and put Punk in the title match which'd be very harsh.

Ole'sbodyguard

Rock was the focal point in ring. It was Vince vs Austin in story, but Rock vs Austin in ring. For every face, you need the inring heel equivalent. Agreed everybody came out of it looking good. In the same way, it should have been Authority with Orton vs Bryan in the same manner but for some reason half way through the Authority started doing Yes chants. There was no logic in the story hence it made everybody look silly. Its not been a good story at all and the only ones that come out strong are HHH/Steph as HHH is the real face of the company.

Tonight however is a good way to salvage everything and tie 6 months of storyline and let it finish at WM (and have Bryan pin Orton and thus Batista as the heel as a real gripe and become the next challenger)
Rock was fueding with Foley rather than Austin for a long part of that story. He was a background player in Austin vs McMahon but either way it was an immense angle and the Rock's seperate fued with Foley was also awesome.

I agree that the authority angle was not a good story. They seemed to turn HHH/Stephanie tweeners inexplicably around the time Cena vs Orton Unification happened and since then it's been a bit of directionless mess. I still think Orton and Bryan have put on some very good matches together though and think they have great in ring chemistry.

I hope they tie it together as well. Really not sold on a Bryan vs HHH match at mania. It would have been a good way to sidetrack him before then rather than the Wyatts but it's done now. I'm digging Cena vs Wyatt, so I suppose Wyatt needed a good angle before going into a mania programme with Cena, so some good came out of it.

Sylar

Wouldnt call him a background player but its all relative anyway. The fact is it made stars out of everybody because the story was just well done, including the whole Survivor Series 98 angle where Rock finally became the Corporate champion.

The whole thing has been a mess as you said, but they have a final chance to end it right at WM and still have the undercard see Reigns, Shield, all become stars.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Josh Matthews host of the Pre Show just acknowledged the CM Punk chants saying that we haven't seen him in over a month, something surely will happen tonight.

MoneyMay

Heyman is pure genius. Transitioned from CM Punk to Brock Lesnar smoothly.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
So I checked out a wrestling forum just now....Christ they are idiots!

Here are two posts to ram home my point.....
"Brock is awful on the mic! You just can't make sense of his promos!"

Everyone agrees......

Just there now, "Paul Heyman is a God on the mic!! I've no clue what he's on about but it's good!"

Everyone agrees

Utter wankers!!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The CM Punk chants are already annoying.

Bloody Chicago people. (What's the term for someone from Chicago? Chicagonian?)

MoneyMay

Everyone agrees......

Just there now, "Paul Heyman is a God on the mic!! I've no clue what he's on about but it's good!"

Everyone agrees

Utter wankers!!
:lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert

Everyone agrees......

Everyone agrees

Utter wankers!!
Brock Lesnar: "I'm better than the Undertaker, I'll beat him at Wrestlemania."

IWC: "What the feck is he on about?!"

IWC 2: "Dunno, but Cm Punk's bulked up man!"

What forum was it?!

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Guys, just in case you missed it the first dozen times, rikishi will be sitting at home smiling after that result!

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
People were worried about Rollins getting over on his own :lol:

Ole'sbodyguard

Raw's been very entertaining so far.

I hope one way or another they fully clarify things with Punk tonight, though, like they did with Austin when he just left.

MoneyMay

Raw's been very entertaining so far.

I hope one way or another they fully clarify things with Punk tonight, though, like they did with Austin when he just left.
This.

Biggest mistake they made was not addressing the situation on RAW. They have let it drag on for far too long.