Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Diablodave

Though he blatantly says he is after the Miz and Cena. So there you have it....Cena will win elimination chamber, Miz will beat JK Lawler.

The next few weeks will show Rock interfering their matches, giving them a pasting and rockbottoming and peoples elbowing the pair of them, causing them losses or spoiling their victory parties.

Wrestlemania will be Miz vs Cena and Rock will guest referee it. Does get predictable
So far my predictions are spot on.... now we await the guest referee...

Dave89

Been watching a few legally acquired episodes. One of the files is 2 hour 7 mins, commentators keep referring to it being a "3 hour special", that's a lot of ads!

Ekeke

Well Trish was back last night, and her mess up was hilarious. She'll be one of the tough enough trainers along with Stone Cold Steve Austin and Booker T.

Ekeke

old school cena :lol: that was a good start. I dont see how this can be another borefest like elimination chamber with undertaker's return. But sometimes wwe finds a way

Ekeke

If this is just Triple H and Undertaker, this will be incredibly dissappointing. HHH was the lamest possibility

Minkaro

I hate it when they do the "enemies win the titles together" thing. I actually hope the tag match ends in a dq.

beardsleybob

I hate the way the commentators classed Cena and Miz as the most unexpected tag team ever. You'd swear it didn't happen once a month

Ekeke

But sometimes wwe finds a way
Same boring shit. Gonna have to be some end to turn it around

The amount of absolute rubbish on the pay per view, and raw tonight, and no Daniel Bryan match. Very little chance of him being at wrestlemania either - a criminal waste of the best performer they have.

beardsleybob

Same boring shit. Gonna have to be some end to turn it around

The amount of absolute rubbish on the pay per view, and raw tonight, and no Daniel Bryan match. Very little chance of him being at wrestlemania either - a criminal waste of the best performer they have.
Who's this Daniel Bryan dude?

Mick1991

You have to feel sorry for the writers. This PG crap has completely ruined their ability to come up with anything remotely entertaining.

Ekeke

What do you mean PG crap? Cena was cursing. Cena. The PG guy

It would seem that the Rock's arrival has, at least for now, signalled the end of PG. That and Linda McMahon's campaign is over so theres no reason for it.

Its just bad writing

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Interesting though predictable finish. Looks like they're setting up a Bryan - Sheamus feud for the US title too so I don't know what Ekeke is saying about little chance of him being at Wrestlemania and it makes sense with the HHH feud on hold. Lawler vs Cole was fairly obvious as well. Cole's been undergoing some training so hopefully they'll be able to shape that match into a more even one than it looks on paper. The Punk - Orton setup was fairly decent as well.

That said I hate that the tag team titles are just throwaway titles to support other storylines now. They need to put some legitimate teams together because nobody takes it seriously when these belts just get bounced around. We used to have the Hardys, the Dudleys, Edge and Christian, the Brothers of Destruction, etc and now we have Santino and Kozlov with a long title reign and then the belts exchanging hands three times in roughly 24 hours.

jveezy

Fo' shizzle

It would seem that the Rock's arrival has, at least for now, signalled the end of PG. That and Linda McMahon's campaign is over so theres no reason for it.

Its just bad writing
Well you can't expect them to end it abruptly even if it's over. There has to be some sort of phaseout. If you want to cater to the older fans there isn't enough talent to draw them back in yet. To suddenly turn off all the young fans now would leave them with hardly any fans at all.

They'll probably start with the swearing like you mention and then ramp up the violence as time goes on.

Minkaro

Cole's been undergoing some training so hopefully they'll be able to shape that match into a more even one than it looks on paper.

That said I hate that the tag team titles are just throwaway titles to support other storylines now.
First point: I hadn't actually heard anything about him training. Cole and King to have a 30 minute match, which Cole wins with a Spiral Tap.

Second point: Does any title really mean anything now? I mean you've got Edge, Orton and Cena with 16 WWE title reigns between them just because they swapped it about with reigns that lasted two months if that. The last WWE title reign to last more than six months was Triple H in 2008.

Last World Heavyweight title reign to last more than six months, just for reference, was Batista way back in 2005.

Mick1991

Its just bad writing
The PG rating clearly had an effect on the story lines. The Rock's been back what a week? It can take months for a good storyline in wrestling to develop.

It will take a lot more than some cursing from Cena to impress the old skool wrestling fans. A complete overhaul of some of the atrocious characters for a start........

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
First point: I hadn't actually heard anything about him training. Cole and King to have a 30 minute match, which Cole wins with a Spiral Tap.
Maybe training is the wrong way to put it. The way what I read was phrased was he was "learning to take hits" which is what I would assume to be the first part of training. Whether he can actually pull moves or just gets his arse beat the whole time, I don't know.

Second point: Does any title really mean anything now? I mean you've got Edge, Orton and Cena with 16 WWE title reigns between them just because they swapped it about with reigns that lasted two months if that. The last WWE title reign to last more than six months was Triple H in 2008.

Last World Heavyweight title reign to last more than six months, just for reference, was Batista way back in 2005.
That's interesting because I used to think it was strange when they referred to the Rock as the first seven time champion or something like that because that meant he had to lose it six times. Hell Edge just went from a ten time champion to an eleven time champion on Friday because of that one hour spell between when he was stripped of his championship and fired then rehired then won it back. Consider how well-liked Kane is and he's a two-time champion, while Sheamus is relatively new and he's also a two-time champion. Randy Orton is a seven timer while Stone Cold is a six timer. I'd be surprised if Del Rio doesn't win his first at Wrestlemania after less than a year on the main roster.

I do think they're really trying to build up The Miz as a legitimate champion though since they've gone from giving him controversial wins to legitimate wins, but I just can't see them not giving Cena the belt back at Wrestlemania.

beardsleybob

The PG rating clearly had an effect on the story lines. The Rock's been back what a week? It can take months for a good storyline in wrestling to develop.

It will take a lot more than some cursing from Cena to impress the old skool wrestling fans. A complete overhaul of some of the atrocious characters for a start........
I thought they were reuniting Edge and Christian when he interfered in the Elimination Chamber last night

Maybe training is the wrong way to put it. The way what I read was phrased was he was "learning to take hits" which is what I would assume to be the first part of training. Whether he can actually pull moves or just gets his arse beat the whole time, I don't know.
I find it odd that he hasn't learned already. He's a part of the show like. Fair enough it wouldn't be right for JR to have learned but the majority of commentators are former wrestlers and so can contribute to the action when needed. The more the merrier after all

Minkaro

I find it odd that he hasn't learned already. He's a part of the show like. Fair enough it wouldn't be right for JR to have learned but the majority of commentators are former wrestlers and so can contribute to the action when needed. The more the merrier after all
I'd say the reason that they're mostly former wrestlers is probably the same reason that a lot of football commentators are former footballers. They give an inside view into what the guys in the ring are going through. Like Tazz on Smackdown saying "I'm telling ya, I've been in -insert move here-, and it ain't fun" during every match.

King is a strange case, but generally wrestlers tend to go to the booth because they either don't want to, or can't wrestle. JBL became a commentator because of a back injury (only returning to the ring after he had some new kind of surgery), I think Tazz did it because of a neck injury.

I wouldn't rule out Booker T returning to in-ring action though. Matt Striker on the other hand is probably going to stay behind the desk full time now, because he was never really that interesting as a wrestler.

Ekeke

The reason ex-wrestlers are commentators :

They usually choose someone who is "over" with the fans, ie. evoked a reaction whether they were the good guy or bad guy. Anything the good guy says, most of the fans will instantly take it as fact. Anything the bad guy says, they'll instantly think the opposite just to spite said person.

To add to that, the vast majority of non-wrestler commentators are awful. They even tried people with american football backgrounds and stuff, and that was a disaster too.

beardsleybob

Took him a week to write that. Surely he'd have made it sound a little professional. Never liked the whole "rapper" angle. He's not even any good at it.

Clear to see he's becoming a heel anyway, at least until Wrestlemania

MUFCgal

I prefered his 'Thuganomics' gimmick to this 'Superman' gimmick he's had the last few years, it's nauseating. Even if he went back to the former, he'd still be shite in my eyes, especially now The Rock is back.

The Rock>>>>>>>John Cena.

Can't wait to see this nursery rhyme he's done for Raw this week.

Sylar

Cenas freestyle was brilliant and was needed because its the only way he can even compete with The Rock. His goofy always smile routine is too cheesy. His edgy freestyles are what got him to the top.

The Taker/HHH staredown was just brilliant. No words needed but it told ya everything ya needed to know.

WM should be good but its just a shame they dilute their shows with garbage / useless bits.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Cenas freestyle was brilliant and was needed because its the only way he can even compete with The Rock. His goofy always smile routine is too cheesy. His edgy freestyles are what got him to the top.

The Taker/HHH staredown was just brilliant. No words needed but it told ya everything ya needed to know.

WM should be good but its just a shame they dilute their shows with garbage / useless bits.
Are you taking the piss?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I can't stand this Cena. Someone gotta give him a good punch on his face.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
No. Tell me whats wrong with what I said?
It wasn't freestyle as it wasn't off the top of his head, it was scripted.

It wasn't brilliant or edgy. He repeated a scripted song with massive pauses in between. If he came out and delivered it word after word of the top of his head in a proper tempo then it might have been semi decent.

On a side note, I just bought Smackdown vs Raw 2011 because this thread has made me nostalgic. I'm waiting for the updates to finish and then I will smash Cenas face in.

Sylar

Ok call it a "rap" then. Whatever you want to call it whether it was scripted or not. Fact is you can tell the difference between the ones he does and the ones that are written for him. When he first started he had major input as he stated and he himself said he moved away from it when WWEs creative started to write it for him.

Hate him all you want, but it doesnt take away the fact that his response to the Rock was great as it builds so much interest.