Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The fact it's aimed mainl
Charlotte vs Sasha at Wrestlemania. Thought they would've went with the triple threat.
The fact they haven't is really annoying. I just hope they change it. Sasha and Becky are far superior to Charlotte, so is Paige to be honest. I jut hope it changes to a triple threat and the old Pisshead Flair stays the feck away from the match.

MrPooni

I pretty sure "one more time" wasn't the crowd response they were looking for and yet here we are...

MrPooni

The lengths they're going to protect Roman Reigns is staggering. Keeping him backstage for the entirety of RAW, moving his "confrontation with HHH" to a more controlled environment like Smackdown! - it's actually interesting to watch in a weird kind of way. They also appear to have dubbed down the boos on the network's Fastlane replays.
:lol:

That final segment showed me! It's almost as if HHH engineered this entire Reigns push to get himself over in the main event of the biggest Wrestlemania in history. The final RAW's leading into Mania read Nashville, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, Brooklyn - so I have no idea how Reigns is going to come out on the back of this.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Reigns will get booed out of the building from here on now till Wrestlemania (except maybe not on Smackdown)

The crowd dont want him; but Vince is far too stubborn. He's been pishing reigns hard now for years, its still not working. It's just getting worse at this stage.

Woodzy

Where as a heel Triple H is going to walk into Wrestlemania as champion (in 2016!), and be the one getting cheered... and it's going to be amazing.

I'm guessing we can all expect Rock to help Reigns win it, finally setting up Rock V HHH for Mania next year, in what is likely to be a retirement match for at least one of them?

Hal9000

So Shane O Mac was the least expected person ever.

As great it is to see him back. Seeing a 46 year old businessman whose not been inside a ring in 6 years vs an on the way to retirement Undertaker does not appeal to me. I know they have had a huge amount of injuries, but says a lot when Taker's opponent, at his home Wrestlemania, is Shane O Mac instead of being able to build and potentially give a huge rub to one of the current roster.

I'm just hoping there is a huge return/debut/swerve to this match and Shane actually wins, because WWE needs a change from 'The Authority' or a heel in charge. Give us Shane in a William Regal NXT roll.

Surprised they've not going with a three way for the Divas match, or maybe they still will? But looks like Sasha vs Charlotte. Hopefully we won't have to deal with Charlotte being awful much longer.

Least we got Ambrose vs Lesnar.

Bwuk

Shane will surely either have someone represent him, or he'll turn heel in the match and have people debut to help him (Bullet/Balor club?)

phelans shorts

Admittedly the post was pretty loose on details because nobody is here to read a detailed timeline of WWE history, but I'm more than happen to offer citations for all of those points for anyone interested. With Lesnar for example, as I understand it, Heyman was alerted to this monster talent who was getting garbage advice and decided to intervene. He spoke to Vince and he ended up pairing the two together. The rest is history.
I know where you got the rest from, but it's largely that the wrestlers telling the stories will be wrestlers and put themselves over, but I have no idea on the Brock one.

Brock was always predicted for greatness from the moment Gerald Briscoe saw him doing amateur. He was on crazy developmental money by today's standards fifteen years ago because they had plans for him, the only thing that saw him move up faster than expected was that hick running developmental at the time Jim Cornette pulling the gun on him and refusing to work with him after the incident between Brock and Jim's wife.

The most obvious example if you want to show how Heyman picked the guy when Vince didn't is obviously John Cena, Brock (and Randy) were Vince's guys at the time.

JoaquinJoaquin

Fecking podcast app soiled Shane O'macs return for me. Now I'm looking forward to catching Raw later!
Podcast app? Which Pod?

Not going to lie, I marked out when Shane's music hit. Best moment in a good while for the company. The match may be hit or miss but at least there is an element of excitement about WM now.

Minkaro

As long as Shane hits (or goes for) one of his mental elbow drops, I'm happy.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I'm reaching a point where I am firm believer in the WWE mantra of "Never say never".

I didnt really think we'd ever see Shane back, not in this kind of way either.

We've seen Sammartino, Warrior, and Bret make impossible returns in the recent past. I wonder who's next.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I like Shane being back.

I hate... HATE the match for Mania though. It's a waste, and doesn't make sense.

Art Vandelay

Where as a heel Triple H is going to walk into Wrestlemania as champion (in 2016!), and be the one getting cheered... and it's going to be amazing.

I'm guessing we can all expect Rock to help Reigns win it, finally setting up Rock V HHH for Mania next year, in what is likely to be a retirement match for at least one of them?
Both are already supposed to be retired.

It shows how badly they have mishandled talent that HHH is a 14 time champion and headline Wrestlemania.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Shane and Taker to beat the hell out of each other before Taker decides to lie down and let Shane win and gain control of the company.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Wrestlemania is currently plotted out to be a clusterf*ck.

You have a main event, where your supposed face - who is meant to be on a sympethetic run to the title, despite winning it (twice) and been involved in every single title (or No.1 Contenders match for the title) since November - will get boo'd out of the building in favour of HHH, their meant-to-be heel who will get cheered due to the fact that he's a) a legend and b) not Roman Reigns. The match will probably be good, but no way is Roman going to be the face, and when he wins thet title at the end, it's going to be awkward as feck.

Then you have Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon... the 50 year old vs. the 46 year old. Why would Undertaker agree to this match? Is the Undertaker a heel now? If Shane McMahon wins, what exactly does he gain? This a company short of stars, and the one slot you have where you could shine a light on a guy like Owens, or Styles... you shine it on Shane McMahon? He's not worked a match in something like 10 years... and when he did work, they were basically matches geared around big spots/gimmicks... it might be entertaining, it also might be horrible... but its certainly a waste. And yeah, he might use it debut the Bullet Club or something, but if thats the case, why not put Balor in this spot instead of Shane?

Also, how/why on earth would Shane even look remotely competitive against The Undertaker?!

At least Lesnar vs. Ambrose is the right call.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Eh, its not what I imagined but I gotta say I'm intrigued. The three matches that are made will be good, if not for match quality then for utter bizarreness.

On top of that you add in Styles vs Owens, New Day vs LoN, Battle Royal, Women's 3 Way, US Title match and Usos vs Dudleys table match and you have a decent card, especially considering the amount of injuries at the moment.

Rooney1987

The promo was great. Interesting how real it was, in terms of bringing up ratings, wwe stock and Shane leaving the company to do his own thing. I remember when he left, rumours of Vince not wanting to give up his power as Shane was next in line. So Shane left, with him being back it opens up a lot. Not just on camera but what is going on backstage too.

Sylar

Theres defo more to the Shane/Taker story to come. It will be interested to see what Taker does (he will defo have a confrontation with Vince).

Mark_GrumpyLion

Podcast app? Which Pod?

Not going to lie, I marked out when Shane's music hit. Best moment in a good while for the company. The match may be hit or miss but at least there is an element of excitement about WM now.
I use Podomatic, and the title of the Wrestling Inc podcast had Shane o'Mac returning in the title.

Anyhow, about Raw:

Genuinely amazed by how WWE keeps surprises intact lately. Y2J, AJ and now Shane o'mac all came without any real spoilers beforehand.
Sure, AJ was a theory and one that hit the mark, but in general, they get to keep their secret returns well, secret!
Expected this to go to a Steph & Trips vs Shane & Reigns match for control of the company, but this is pretty fecking cool too!

Ambrose sure loves to steal government vehicles, reminds me of a certain bald texan. I was not super stoked on a regular Dean/Lesnar match, but the stipulation makes it exciting to me.

Y2AJ might be the worst tag-team name ever.

"I'm sure it wasn't a nice conversation, like Sir Alex's hairdryer." :lol: Ryback walking out was random as hell, but it beats the 2359th Big Show heel turn I guess.
Would love for Harper to have a bigger role/solo run. He's been very good as of late and can talk quite well too. Imagine a storyline where he goes up against Bray for control over the family!

It really is gonna be face-Triple H at WM now isn't it? No suit, just the leather jacket. Maybe they'll go for a double turn or so, alligning Triple H's onscreen persona with the NXT Haitch we cheer for?

Impulse

Does everybody think that Shane will actually be wrestling? I assumed the whole McMahon thing was just a way to add more interest to the Taker match considering he/his opponent(Cena?) won't be on TV a great deal in the build up.

Also Bo Dallas is amazing.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Does everybody think that Shane will actually be wrestling? I assumed the whole McMahon thing was just a way to add more interest to the Taker match considering he/his opponent(Cena?) won't be on TV a great deal in the build up.
I was thinking about the same thing actually, maybe it's a stretching tactic to let Cena heal up, if he can't make it either Shane does it himself (he has shown he'll do crazy stuff for the company) or some other placeholder takes over his spot.

Bwuk

Also Bo Dallas is amazing.
I can't see Shane wrestling.

I see it being Cena and Cena winning and Taker retiring.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As long as Shane hits (or goes for) one of his mental elbow drops, I'm happy.
Shane is going off the top of the cell surely :drool:

I think Shane is a placeholder. WWE are probably waiting to see what condition Cena is in and knowing Cena, he'll probably make it back and then it's Shane's man vs Vince's man for control of the company.

Minkaro

Yeah, what I don't get about this is how is Taker effectively "Vince's man" in all of this? I mean, in kayfabe terms I can't imagine Taker being cool with Vince just going "yeah, you're facing Shane."

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why'd Taker agree to be Vince's yes man?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
While it was great to see Shane back and a good segment, the Undertaker match is wasted on a guy who isn't a wrestler. Sure we'll probably get some crazy spots but I'd rather see someone else in there to get them more exposure. WM just feels like it's going to end up being a mess with only a couple of good matches on the card.