g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Name Changed

weso26
I just read that if Taker loses his match against Shane, it will be his last mania ?? WTF ?!! There is no way he is losing it then. It is humiliating for one of the greatest legends of the industry to play his final Mania match against Shane Fecking McMahon. Don't get me wrong, in his prime, Shane was a performer, but Taker's final match at WM should always be a win and preferably against the man that broke the streak. What a fantastic redemption story that would be. I know there being a title involved is probably out of the question, but he deserves a fantastic epic final battle.
It doesn't really make any sense. Sure if Shane wins, he can just counteract whatever Vince said about it being Taker's last Wrestlemania and let him wrestle another one. He will be in charge after all.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
It doesn't really make any sense. Sure if Shane wins, he can just counteract whatever Vince said about it being Taker's last Wrestlemania and let him wrestle another one. He will be in charge after all.
All Shane can do is let him wrestle on Raw. It's only for control of Raw specifically isn't it? Regardless of the shit about it being the flagship show etc etc

Sylar

The return of Shane was fantastic and then the follow up promo with Vince. But since then, its been a cluster. They havent explained anything, no mention of that stupid box of things Shane has (if he has a box why doesnt he say he will give it up for control of Raw). If Taker wins, doesnt Shane still has that box of secrets and can still use it?

Why is Taker wrestling for Vince? What is the motivation especially now that Vince has agreed and called Taker his bitch.

We have a week left and the storytelling has been absolute rubbish.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The return of Shane was fantastic and then the follow up promo with Vince. But since then, its been a cluster. They havent explained anything, no mention of that stupid box of things Shane has (if he has a box why doesnt he say he will give it up for control of Raw). If Taker wins, doesnt Shane still has that box of secrets and can still use it?

Why is Taker wrestling for Vince? What is the motivation especially now that Vince has agreed and called Taker his bitch.

We have a week left and the storytelling has been absolute rubbish.
I've watched every RAW for the last god knows how many years, except the one week a month ago when I was in hospital, and I think you guys filled me in on what I missed, and I've never heard anything about a box. Wtf is this?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I've watched every RAW for the last god knows how many years, except the one week a month ago when I was in hospital, and I think you guys filled me in on what I missed, and I've never heard anything about a box. Wtf is this?
The Raw Shane came back he mentioned he had a lockbox with something inside it. Methinks they had something planned but have now decided to drop it, or they just forgot about it. Either way this whole thing is an absolute mess.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Takeover is going to blow Mania out of the water at this rate :lol:
It always was. Don't get me wrong, I like the Mania card and I think it'll be good, but this Takeover has 4 matches that are potential MOTY contenders on paper and we all know that NXT usually deliver.

Sylar

Yeah, I think top to bottom it will be much better and what the fans want.

Im still hoping WM can be a spectacle though and they can pull of some fab surprises to keep us entertained. I think the post WM-Raw will be great though. Normally is.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The last match at WM with Lesnar almost killed him.

Taker has got a young wife. Let him retire with all his bodily functions.

I think they can spin it in a way to make a loss against Shane mean something. Especially with the Shane taking over stipulation , and possibly a dirty finish.
This.

Taker will lose to Shane at Mania, you lot had better get used to the idea.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Any chance of Angle coming back to WWE soon? I'd fecking love it.
Probably not even though he really wants to...

"For me to go back and, if I do go back I’d love to be able to wrestle, but I know I can’t do it full time. I’m 47 years-old. And that’s why those guys would be perfect as my team, like a Team Angle, because they could do the wrestling for me until the big one comes. So it would be kind of cool to have that. I’m not going to say those guys are going to be my guys, but they’re almost ready to come up – if not they are ready. I’ve watched them wrestle and they’re really good. It would be really cool to have a new Team Angle. I could do the big matches; the Summerslams and the Wrestlemanias. I think that would be a good mix. And it would also give them a great rub, a rub that they need. We’ll see if we do something like that, I don’t know if it’s on the cards, but you never know."

"When I did try and go back a year and a half ago, I think they were thinking “Let’s see how he pans out, let’s see if he can stay clean, let’s see if he got his shit together” so I think that’s part of it. I don’t blame them for that. I actually knew ahead of time that they were most likely going to say no. And I knew it was because of my own actions. But being clean now for three years and abiding by what I have to, I know that there will come a time where I will go back."

https://soundcloud.com/worldaccordingtowrestling

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...udio_link_kurt_angle_wants_to_make_gable_and/
Next time we hear that theme will be when he goes into the HOF, in my opinion.

Edit: He's got some good thoughts on the whole Reigns situation in that interview too.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Edit: He's got some good thoughts on the whole Reigns situation in that interview too.
Hopefully he'll be inducted next year and we'll see him soon.

If they're keen to take him back sooner, they could push forward American Alpha's main roster debut and after their first match/win, Angle's music hits and he becomes their mentor. Too bad it won't happen, though.

Norris

But I thought if Shane wins, he is in charge of only Raw?

Norris

This.

Taker will lose to Shane at Mania, you lot had better get used to the idea.
:(
I can't even begin to fathom it. I genuinely hope everyone here is wrong (Although I don't follow WWE much nowadays and mostly rely on you guys for the info and updates, so you will know a lot better).

Also, please tell me The Rock is making his mandatory appearance at WM this year as well. :D

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
I can't even begin to fathom it. I genuinely hope everyone here is wrong (Although I don't follow WWE much nowadays and mostly rely on you guys for the info and updates, so you will know a lot better).

Also, please tell me The Rock is making his mandatory appearance at WM this year as well. :D
Yep, you'll be glad to know he is.

Such mark.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet

That's a very honest interview. I wouldn't mind another Angle - Lesnar match up (:drool:) although it would probably look stupid now. Still, the entrance theme would probably make up for it.

Will he get into the HoF though? Undoubtedly deserves it and my favourite wrestler ever but he's actually spent more time in fecking TNA than he has in WWE (Let that sink in and cry - what a waste).

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth

Let it go dude.

Story wise it actually makes so much more sense for Shane to go over Taker and with the streak dead and Taker barely able to move anymore I don't get why everyone's so annoyed by it. This match won't be a classic but it has had one of the best builds (plus I've had the entertainment factor of laughing at the people complaining about Shane's punching) so roll with it.

My prediction FWIW is that Vince interferes and costs the undertaker the match.

b82REZ

Let it go dude.

Story wise it actually makes so much more sense for Shane to go over Taker and with the streak dead and Taker barely able to move anymore I don't get why everyone's so annoyed by it. This match won't be a classic but it has had one of the best builds (plus I've had the entertainment factor of laughing at the people complaining about Shane's punching) so roll with it.

Your prediction makes a Russo swerve seem logical.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Yep, you'll be glad to know he is.

Such mark.
Yeah, rumours are that they are removing him from the Reigns/Tripple H angle.

Supposedly the Rock was going to be placed into the match as a special guest referee but Vince has decided against this now.

They are probably worried that all of the Roman booing will over shadow the great one :D

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Your prediction makes a Russo swerve seem logical.
Really?

After wrestlemania the story has to continue, the only way that happens is with a Shane win, now Shane is very unlikely to win cleanly so that leaves interference of some kind. So if Vince interferes then it can go one of two ways, the one you've obviously considered where it was a work all along probably to get Steph and HHH out of power. Or the one you obviously haven't considered where Vince interferes to help Taker but ends up costing him the match by accident.

Either way Shane is definitely winning at Mania. I will put £100 on it at the bookies.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Let it go dude.

The build up to it has been stupid and nonsensical.

I've got no problem with Taker losing, just for Shane to be the one to retire him rather than someone of significance like Cena or someone younger seems a daft. Bray would have been perfect to retire him and I would have thought an obvious choice but they've cocked him up to such a degree that I doubt anyone would buy it.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
The build up to it has been stupid and nonsensical.

I've got no problem with Taker losing, just for Shane to be the one to retire him rather than someone of significance like Cena or someone younger seems a daft. Bray would have been perfect to retire him and I would have thought an obvious choice but they've cocked him up to such a degree that I doubt anyone would buy it.
Vince didn't say it was a retirement match, he said it would be his last mania.

JoaquinJoaquin

Supposedly the Rock was going to be placed into the match as a special guest referee but Vince has decided against this now.

They are probably worried that all of the Roman booing will over shadow the great one :D
Yeah last time they tried to use The Rock to get Reigns over they both got booed out the building. No way The Rock does that again.

Norris

Let it go dude.

Why do you think the build-up has been great ? Didn't it just sort of spring up from nowhere. Shane Appearing one Raw, the match decided the next and then Taker eerily spooking Vince. That's very very ordinary isn't it by WM standards ?

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Why do you think the build-up has been great ? Didn't it just sort of spring up from nowhere. Shane Appearing one Raw, the match decided the next and then Taker eerily spooking Vince. That's very very ordinary isn't it by WM standards ?
The story has almost nothing to do with the match, the story is about the company and control of it. It's quite obviously going well beyond mania.

Then you have this weeks raw, legends and superstars discussing the match and saying how much they're looking toward to it, this is an excellent way to build a wrestling match.

Then the cell being added which is likely to hide Shames lack of actual wrestling ability.

It's been a very good build.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
The story has almost nothing to do with the match, the story is about the company and control of it. It's quite obviously going well beyond mania.

Then you have this weeks raw, legends and superstars discussing the match and saying how much they're looking toward to it, this is an excellent way to build a wrestling match.

Then the cell being added which is likely to hide Shames lack of actual wrestling ability.

If he's even a quarter of the stuntman he used to be(which may be unfair to expect with age and such), the cell could be excellent.

Norris

Yeah, the cell is excellent and will mask Shane's actual wrestling ability. But it's a lot to ask of him isn't it. He's aged a lot and hasn't even been in the ring for years. It could either be really spectacular or could go horribly wrong.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
If he's even a quarter of the stuntman he used to be(which may be unfair to expect with age and such), the cell could be excellent.
I'm interested in the outcome of the match, you have to believe there will be a civil war/company extension angle, possibly leading to the resurrection of WCW (highly doubtful)

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Yeah, the cell is excellent and will mask Shane's actual wrestling ability. But it's a lot to ask of him isn't it. He's aged a lot and hasn't even been in the ring for years. It could either be really spectacular or could go horribly wrong.
You're missing the point.

I believe it will be a spectacle and I think it will be better than expected, but it's the outcome that's important here, not the match.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

Roman turning on Rock would turn him into a monster heel though... which would be pretty great!

In fact, I'm calling it now... that is going to happen. Rock's going to come out at the end to celebrate with him and he's going to flatten him.

Norris

I believe it will be a spectacle and I think it will be better than expected, but it's the outcome that's important here, not the match.
No, I got your point about what the consequences of this match are long term and in regards to Raw. But Shane only gets control of Raw right ? So what sort of extensions (Seen from your other post) can you expect from that alone?

Sylar

For long term, maybe. But for WM and how its being billed, the match is just as important. Its one of the three big main events and it needs to deliver in terms of spectacle.

For me, the build (in terms of the in-ring promos) have been terrible and havent made sense. Theres been no logic towards it and we only have a week left for it.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
No, I got your point about what the consequences of this match are long term and in regards to Raw. But Shane only gets control of Raw right ? So what sort of extensions (Seen from your other post) can you expect from that alone?
I don't know, that's the intriguing bit.

All of a sudden that leaked advertising promo from a venue in May that said WWE vs Raw isn't looking so stupid though is it.

Rolandofgilead

Scout
Supports
Weymouth
Also when Brock broke the streak he was at 33/1 with William hill, I'm hoping they don't catch on to the obvious this year and put Shane at similar odds.

Norris

I don't know, that's the intriguing bit.

All of a sudden that leaked advertising promo from a venue in May that said WWE vs Raw isn't looking so stupid though is it.
So you are thinking that RAW may breakoff from WWE ? wow, that would be colossal. I would definitely return to watching WWE Full time if that happens.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I'm interested in the outcome of the match, you have to believe there will be a civil war/company extension angle, possibly leading to the resurrection of WCW (highly doubtful)
This definitely has the feel of the company splitting into factions again. Shane/RAW, Vince/Smackdown, Steph&HHH/NXT could be something, though incredibly unlikely, especially as Vince, Steph and HHH are all on one side(for now).

They'd have brought in a technician who could work a slow game if they wanted a match. This is going to be a (hopefully glorious) spotfest.
Remember RAW vs Smackdown(vs ECW, lol)?

Charlie Foley

If Shane does get control of Raw, I hope he stays face. Having a heel running it is stale.

They could get DB as commissioner, I'd watch that