Thomas Meunier

Fer

I've not watched this guy too many times, but he seems to have a really good cross on him, which is something we sometimes lack with our full backs.

He's a United fan, he's currently playing second fiddle to Alves at PSG and we need a right back to eventually replace Valencia.

Is he good enough? Like I said, I haven't watched him enough.
PSG sold Aurier and Dani Alves is 34 years old. I think Meunier is going to replace Alves.
But you are right, Meunier has a good cross on him.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Almost no chance he'll come here, even if he wants to. Alves will only stick around at PSG for a year or two, given his age and interest in moving around, meaning Meunier will once again be their first choice RB. As we saw with Veratti, simply the player wanting to move isn't enough for that lot.
whats his contract? isnt he a United fan?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He was acquired after the Euro 2016 for 7 millions (yes, seven) of euros only.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

EVO

Meunier didn't have a good game against Greece though, even when considering the whole team was poor. A lot of misplaced passes that should have been straightforward. That sublime cross did make up for a lot of it.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Welldone to PSG for getting him for a miniscule fee in this day and age. I'm very hopeful with our new team of scouts, that we'll see a similar deal for us very soon.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Ffs we need to sign this guy, but i can't see us getting him away from PSG.

190 cm, can play football, is a Utd fan.. Could it be more perfect?

Devil may care

This lad would be Mourinho's ideal fullback, hopefully some fancy South American RB pops up soon and we can get Meunier.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Can imagine him being a great complementary outlet for Lukaku given some of their combination plays for Belgium. Linking up on crosses is a bit like an intuitive art-form that cannot always be trained, and they seem to have a natural and precise understanding between them.

He could be for United what someone like [Irrelevant point] is for Chelsea - maybe not the greatest fullback around when compared with the likes of Alves and Marcelo and Sandro, but a critical contributor in attack and on set pieces (we're slightly vulnerable there when we field combinations of Bailly, Jones, Rojo and Lindelöf). Not convinced Paris Saint-Germain will sell him, though. Alves isn't going to perform at a high level forever, and they let Aurier go - so they're not that well stocked in the position for a club that seems hell-bent on landing a Champions League title.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The footballer that gives the best interviews and in general I don't give much importance to them. Medias love him because he's as honest as they get.

EyeInTheSky

Accurate crossing is such a great weapon to have. Obviously, the vast majority of crosses are not converted but that threat is such a psychological factor both for the attacking and defending team putting them on edge and forcing them to shift their focus on defending it. Just give you another option and more things to think about for the oppo defense.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
A wide man who can cross? Get him!

Edit; wait, is he a fullback? I've not seen him much at all but considering he got a hat trick the other day for Belgium and can cross like that I thought he was a winger.

onemanarmy

A wide man who can cross? Get him!

Edit; wait, is he a fullback? I've not seen him much at all but considering he got a hat trick the other day for Belgium and can cross like that I thought he was a winger.
He's a converted winger, used to play in a very attacking position. Has been playing fullback for years now.

He's great, very down to earth and genuine good guy. Would be an awesome signing.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
He's a converted winger, used to play in a very attacking position. Has been playing fullback for years now.

He's great, very down to earth and genuine good guy. Would be an awesome signing.
Surely we'd play him on the right, he seems wasted at right back with his attacking capabilities.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Thomas Meunier: “Manchester United is the perfect club.”

Speaking in an interview with SFR Sport, PSG right-back Thomas Meunier was effusive with praise for Manchester United.

“I play with PSG on FIFA to play myself upfront otherwise with Manchester. As in Manchester United, the real one, the real one. I have always been a fan of Manchester United. They are back in the Champions League, they have formed a good team this year. I am thinking of Matic, I would have loved him in Paris, he is really an exceptional player. For the rest, they have a great team, a great manager, great fans, its the perfect club.”

Bwuk

Hopefully Dani Alves has a stormer of a year and PSG would sell Munier to us.

He'd be a massive improvement.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Thomas Meunier: “Manchester United is the perfect club.”

Speaking in an interview with SFR Sport, PSG right-back Thomas Meunier was effusive with praise for Manchester United.

“I play with PSG on FIFA to play myself upfront otherwise with Manchester. As in Manchester United, the real one, the real one. I have always been a fan of Manchester United. They are back in the Champions League, they have formed a good team this year. I am thinking of Matic, I would have loved him in Paris, he is really an exceptional player. For the rest, they have a great team, a great manager, great fans, its the perfect club.”
You should do the decent thing and let him fulfill his dream :drool:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Hopefully Dani Alves has a stormer of a year and PSG would sell Munier to us.

He'd be a massive improvement.
Very unlikely, Dani Alves is not getting any younger and Meunier has put in great performances so far, he's actually been playing out of his mind so far this season.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Very unlikely, Dani Alves is not getting any younger and Meunier has put in great performances so far, he's actually been playing out of his mind so far this season.
Agreed he's been fantastic but what's good for us is he's told L'Equipe he wants more playing time a week ago.

"Yes, because I want to play every match, whether it’s against Gueugnon, Niort or Bayern Munich," he told L’Equipe when asked if he was frustrated with a lack of playing time.

"I want to be on the pitch every time. I am in a team which is one of the top five in the world where the back-ups and the starters are about the same level."

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Agreed he's been fantastic but what's good for us is he's told L'Equipe he wants more playing time a week ago.

"Yes, because I want to play every match, whether it’s against Gueugnon, Niort or Bayern Munich," he told L’Equipe when asked if he was frustrated with a lack of playing time.

"I want to be on the pitch every time. I am in a team which is one of the top five in the world where the back-ups and the starters are about the same level."
Of course, he's going to say that. He's a professional who wants to play every game, you ask anybody on the bench and they will all say that. It's up to PSG to be able to manage both egos because Dani Alves didn't come to Paris to sit on the bench either. I just think with Dani's age and the fact that he can't put consecutive games together, Meunier will have enough games to keep him satisfied. It would take a very strong offer from Manchester United to tempt him, and it remains to be seen over a consistent amount of time if he'd be worth such an offer.

AllezLesDiables

Of course, he's going to say that. He's a professional who wants to play every game, you ask anybody on the bench and they will all say that. It's up to PSG to be able to manage both egos because Dani Alves didn't come to Paris to sit on the bench either. I just think with Dani's age and the fact that he can't put consecutive games together, Meunier will have enough games to keep him satisfied. It would take a very strong offer from Manchester United to tempt him, and it remains to be seen over a consistent amount of time if he'd be worth such an offer.
The question becomes whether PSG will part with him and would United pay what would be an outrageous transfer fee (70 million Euros would be my guess, 10x what PSG paid)

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
They are just too light at RB right now to ever consider that, with the departure of Aurier. Dani Alves is one injury away from Meunier playing 95% of the games. As of right now, I feel the rotation between the two of them is fine. I wouldn't put any stock in what Meunier said about his playing time. If/when Valencia call it a time on his career at United, then the offer of being the starting RB could be too enticing to resist for Meunier, but it remains to be seen if he will be worth the fee PSG will undoubtedly ask for him. They aren't really interested in the profit they'd make, given the sums they've been offered for Veratti who they got for under 3 million (probably their best piece of business).

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
David Alves is 34. Thomas Meunier is 26. I don't see PSG selling him.

They are just too light at RB right now to ever consider that, with the departure of Aurier. Dani Alves is one injury away from Meunier playing 95% of the games. As of right now, I feel the rotation between the two of them is fine. I wouldn't put any stock in what Meunier said about his playing time. If/when Valencia call it a time on his career at United, then the offer of being the starting RB could be too enticing to resist for Meunier, but it remains to be seen if he will be worth the fee PSG will undoubtedly ask for him. They aren't really interested in the profit they'd make, given the sums they've been offered for Veratti who they got for under 3 million (probably their best piece of business).
Now, you know everything :D

1. Neymar: 222m (2017 release clause)
2. Mbappé: 180m
3. Cavani: 64m
(2013 release clause)
4. Di Maria: 63m (2015. United acquired him for 75 millions)
5. David Luiz: 49.5m (2014) ---> and sold in 2016 for 40 millions
6. Thiago Silva: 42 m (2012)
7. Pastore: 42m (2011)
8. Lucas Moura 40m (Jan 2013)
9. Draxler 36m (Jan 2017)
10. Anelka 34.5m (2000)
11. Krychowiak 33.6m (2016) ---> on loan now (Premier League)
12. Marquinhos 31.5m (2013)
13. Guedes 30m (Jan 2017) ---> on loan now (Valencia)
14. Jese 25m (2016) ---> on loan now (Premier League)
15. Kurzawa 22m (2015)
16. Zlatan 20m - left as a free agent

Less than 15 millions:

Berchiche: 15m (2017)
Lo Celso: between 10m and 15m (Jan 2017)
Aurier 12m (2013)---> sold for 25 millions (2017)
Verratti 10m (2012)
Motta 10m (Jan 2012)
Meunier 6 or 7 millions (2016)
Matuidi 6m (2011) ---> sold for 20-25 millions (2017)
Maxwell 6m (2012) ---> retired in 2017
Ben Arfa: free (2016)

Academy

Rabiot
Nkunku
Areola
Kimpembe

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
:confused:

I'm not sure why I thought the figure was so low, it was actually 12m after looking it up. It's still a great piece of business where they've turned down 10x what they paid for him, they just don't need the money which makes them complicated to deal with in any transfers.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
:confused:

I'm not sure why I thought the figure was so low, it was actually 12m after looking it up. It's still a great piece of business where they've turned down 10x what they paid for him, they just don't need the money which makes them complicated to deal with in any transfers.
Next year, they will certainly sell 2-3 players like Lucas Moura.