Thomas Partey | Arsenal Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
For some time he was, I remember he had a great season at Vitesse (Probably the best non-Ajax player) , he would he a dream replacement for Ziyech. Then went to Sociedad and he was amazing in the first few months.

Got player of the month in September and had crazy chance creation stats if I recall correctly, even being compared with Bruno (though I think that comparison was premature).

Also played a great Copa Del Rey in which they reached the finals but he faded later in the season.
September is the month when most La Liga players are still very far away from their best form. It's not a good reference to have imho.

But he is a good player.

Eriku

He absolutely aint no modric mate. He looks bang average right now and showing nothing to suggest anything different going forward. Plenty of 22-23 year old midfielders are established as world class at that age. He certainly ain't young puppy anymore. He's older than Foden who looks on a different level to Odegaard.
Modric wasn’t no Modric at that age. The comparison isn’t direct, I meant in terms of players developing at different speeds.

He’s also had a lot of injuries is recent years. He was hyped with good reason, and might still deliver on his potential.

the_cliff

September is the month when most La Liga players are still very far away from their best form. It's not a good reference to have imho.

But he is a good player.
For reference Karl Ekambi was player of the month in October.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

But he is a good player.
Sure, this was a clip in October that year (so no full year highlights). He was pretty awesome though and this came from an excellent season at Vitesse, only other player to perform like that for them was Mount (who has been very valuable for Chelsea as well to say the least).

His level dropped during the season but he can play, his inconsistency and other factors might mean that he will never reach that highest level.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
For reference Karl Ekambi was player of the month in October.
Who is the best player of the Europa League so far? Yes players blow hot and cold. At least Odegaard has far time on his side and maybe is subject to a good set up for him..some players need that.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Sure, this was a clip in October that year (so no full year highlights). He was pretty awesome though and this came from an excellent season at Vitesse, only other player to perform like that for them was Mount (who has been very valuable for Chelsea as well to say the least).

His level dropped during the season but he can play, his inconsistency and other factors might mean that he will never reach that highest level.
Sorry, I thought you guys were speaking about Thomas Partey.

Odegaard had a very good first half of the season with Real Sociedad, but somehow he never got back to his old form after his injury.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Sorry, I thought you guys were speaking about Thomas Partey.

Odegaard had a very good first half of the season with Real Sociedad, but somehow he never got back to his old form after his injury.
Probably derailed the thread, the Odegaard debate in this thread ends here.

the_cliff

Who is the best player of the Europa League so far? Yes players blow hot and cold. At least Odegaard has far time on his side and maybe is subject to a good set up for him..some players need that.
I actually agree with you, like I mentioned Odegaard has potential and in another setup (especially one like Ajax's) he'll shine.

My point was more that winning a player of the month doesn't guarantee you being one of the players of the season. Karl Ekambi won player of the month in October and was literally loaned out to Lyon 3 months later as he was deemed surplus to requirements at Villareal.

TsuWave

London life has destroyed this guy. Too many nice IG models and parties. He def spent all week going to Wizkid concerts.

BuzzKillington

I think a lot of the caf get little mini man boners after watching somebody throw a couple of tackles in in midfield, usually completely ignoring the players other all round football ability. Plenty on here have been calling for us to sign Ndidi in the past, if anybody had ever actually watched how horrible he is at football other than tackling, they'd know they'd be having buyers remorse after watching him a couple of times for us.

I really don't want us to be looking at limited defensive midfielders, how about we sign some actual footballers to play in the middle and then rely on the manager to instill some level of work ethic in them. Not every central midfielder is a lazy feckless diva like Pogba.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
please stop discussing things which aren’t confirmed legal wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.