Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
A god awful attack that cost an absolute fortune. £311m for 5 attackers, it should be expected for them to score a lot of goals for that cost.

Lukaku: £97.5m
Havertz: £72m
Werner: £48m
Pulisic: £58m
Ziyech: £36m
But we dont create many chances and when we do we tend to miss alot. When you think how poor our attack has been that Lukaku whose had a poor season is our top scorer and he's only scored 15 goals.
When Alonso is your best finisher at the club you know you have a problem in attack.
Thats why i was surprised we were fourth highest.
Also the price of a player doesn't necessarily reflect the actual quality you get on the pitch.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
But we dont create many chances and when we do we tend to miss alot. When you think how poor our attack has been that Lukaku whose had a poor season is our top scorer and he's only scored 15 goals.
When Alonso is your best finisher at the club you know you have a problem in attack.
Also the price of a player doesn't necessarily reflect the actual quality you get on the pitch.
But that is somewhat offset by the fact all our outfielders who played even semi regularly scored apart from Sarr.

We may not have one 20-30 goal scorer but we have a lot of goals to go round.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
But that is somewhat offset by the fact all our outfielders who played even semi regularly scored apart from Sarr.

We may not have one 20-30 goal scorer but we have a lot of goals to go round.
We rarely scored from setpieces nowadays. Terry,Cahill,Ivanovic,Drogba they were giants in size and good headers in them. Teams didn't want to give corners against us in those days.

Nowadays we have dwarfs from defense to attack. Lukaku despite his size rarely utilized those. Havertz also too weak. :(

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
This is only true for this year, no season. Last year we created a lot and missed a lot. We missed an unforgivable amount of sitters thanks mostly to Werner.

We rarely scored from setpieces nowadays. Terry,Cahill,Ivanovic,Drogba they were giants in size and good headers in them. Teams didn't want to give corners against us in those days.

Nowadays we have dwarfs from defense to attack. Lukaku despite his size rarely utilized those. Havertz also too weak. :(
Goals from corners average at around 3%. That particular set of players just happened to excel at corners. Cahill, less so, he actually scored more from the second ball as opposed to directly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A god awful attack that cost an absolute fortune. £311m for 5 attackers, it should be expected for them to score a lot of goals for that cost.

Lukaku: £97.5m
Havertz: £72m
Werner: £48m
Pulisic: £58m
Ziyech: £36m
That's an unbelievable roll call really isn't it.
None of those players have shown more than brief glimpses of what they can do.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
It was a year with many incidences, including we cannot ignore that a divorce in a 13 or 14-year relationship and with children in between is quite complicated, this also happened to Mr. Tuchel.

That can and should be considered, but many bad decisions were made before and during these problems, and a constructive conversation is needed between the new owners and Mr. Tuchel.

I trust him but he needs to be 110% on the project.

I hope there will be a deep restructuring in the top positions of the club and the club's scouting.

Goodbye Mrs. Marina and company.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's extremely dangerous keeping so many players that have question marks about their futures around a squad.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Anyone else think the cracks are starting to show? I reckon Chelsea finish outside the top 4 this season which could spell the end for old Tommy T.

AkaAkuma

He hasn’t managed a big club beyond 2 seasons I think and he just threw his team under the bus with those comments.
People don’t usually speak like that if they are invested in a project.

TheLord

The team hasn’t adequately replaced Drogba and that was nearly 10 years back. Incredible. May be Costa for a couple of seasons, but, nonetheless.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
There is too much chaos at the club to discern what is Thomas' responsibility and what he is capable of doing now.

The second half of last season was a big disappointment and his behavior this summer seems to be affected by something other than instability at the club.

It is impossible to dissociate what has happened in his private life during this period.
It seems to have affected him too much and it is normal.

But I don't see him as too focused or committed to the project.

I would like to see him praising and working with the young players instead of crying publicly and demoralizing squad and fans.

The first thing Todd should have done was hire someone like Luis Campos. He didn't.
It was a big mistake.

I fear this will end in divorce over the course of this year.

Maybe next season will be with a director and a new coach already.

Maybe everything will change and go in a good direction.
Unfortunately this is not what it looks like.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
There is too much chaos at the club to discern what is Thomas' responsibility and what he is capable of doing now.

The second half of last season was a big disappointment and his behavior this summer seems to be affected by something other than instability at the club.

It is impossible to dissociate what has happened in his private life during this period.

I would like to see him praising and working with the young players instead of crying publicly and demoralizing squad and fans.

The first thing Todd should have done was hire someone like Luis Campos. He didn't.
It was a big mistake.

What does this refer to?

edcunited1878

Chelsea has been a cup team for a while now since they won the league under Conte, even that wasn't sustainable. With the new ownership, who have zero idea about football before the takeover, it's kind of a toss up/unknown.

It'll take some time, but they should figure it out and hire the right people.

Tuchel overachieved winning CL, but couldn't hack it in the league. Which is fine, but being a top 4 team with cup runs might not satiate the new ownership group.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Tuchel overachieved winning CL, but couldn't hack it in the league. Which is fine, but being a top 4 team with cup runs might not satiate the new ownership group.
But then they'd need to invest - no way you can look at this squad and come to the conclusion it should go toe to toe with City & Pool.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
From the little I have seen, he isn't acting differently to the way he did at PSG when he wanted something and didn't get it quickly. In both cases he isn't wrong but he is as tactless as it gets.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

It was a big mistake.

Guess he must have gotten divorced while working at his previous clubs, too.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Didn’t know that. Damn. Understandable that he might crack under pressure then.
Got a new girlfriend within few days after officially got divorced from London court. So he got proper relaxation in last few days. :) .

Pavl3n

Are the new owners trigger easy as Abramovich? Would they follow that style - sack the manager if there are no titles, but still strong season? Still can't figure out why Roman sacked papa Carlo...

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Are the new owners trigger easy as Abramovich? Would they follow that style - sack the manager if there are no titles, but still strong season? Still can't figure out why Roman sacked papa Carlo...
Because he was employed for his UCL pedigree and didn't didn't match his predecessors best efforts in the competition. Rightly or wrongly, that was why.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Because he was employed for his UCL pedigree and didn't didn't match his predecessors best efforts in the competition. Rightly or wrongly, that was why.
Do I remember it correctly and Ancelotti's Chelsea was one of the most entertaining during Abramovich ownership?

edcunited1878

But then they'd need to invest - no way you can look at this squad and come to the conclusion it should go toe to toe with City & Pool.
They have invested, but did so poorly. And then having to spend this year again due to CB departures and Lukaku. Their best outfield player is a RB, but at least they now having Sterling.

Chelsea have good players around the pitch, but Tuchel hasn't improved them throughout a season in part because they are within a system that prioritizes defensive shape first, closes down, but no sustainable attacking approach aside from James doing his thing from the right and seeing what individual play Havertz, Sterling, and Mount are able to do.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
What are the odds he’ll be the first manager in the league to get sacked?

New owners usually like bringing in their own guy and their fumbling on transfers have set Tuchel back even before the season started.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

New owners usually like bringing in their own guy and their fumbling on transfers have set Tuchel back even before the season started.
It's Chelsea which means they're just as likely to win their first 6-7 games and be top of the league

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Owners "wanting to bring their own guy in" only really happens when the manager they inherit is shit, ala Bruce.

World class managers never fall victim to the face don't fit under new ownership.