Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

cyberman

Climbed back into the top 4 within weeks of taking over. Looking good to advance in the CL and FA Cup....yeah everyone should be expecting him to be sacked.... :lol:
You would be 7th if teams below you wins their games in hands. You had to go on a rush to really challenge for top 4 and youve drawn 3 out of 5 barely scoring a goal a game.
If Chelsea dont get top 4 when he had so many games to catch up then his head has to be on the block. Hes getting even less out of Chelseas attack than Frank

el3mel

You would be 7th if teams below you wins their games in hands. You had to go on a rush to really challenge for top 4 and youve drawn 3 out of 5 barely scoring a goal a game.
If Chelsea dont get top 4 when he had so many games to catch up then his head has to be on the block. Hes getting even less out of Chelseas attack than Frank
They're not going to sack a manager on the basis of half a season. :lol: Should we have sacked Ole for finishing 6th in his first half of a season because he had 6 months to catch up ? Doesn't make sense right ?

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
That’s the very definition of sack happy! Taking a proven manager who has delivered silverware for them and getting rid when things don’t go quite as well for them.
Well I said not as sack happy as people think they are. They fired Ancelotti after he came 2nd (maybe they were just obsessed with winning the CL back then). They wouldn’t do that now especially if the same manager had won them the league the previous season.
However they would probably have sacked Klopp by now if he was having his season at Chelsea, so yes they are still sack happy (probably as much as some other (foreign) clubs), but not as much as they used to be.

AshRK

They're not going to sack a manager on the basis of half a season. :lol: Should we have sacked Ole for finishing 6th in his first half of a season because he had 6 months to catch up ? Doesn't make sense right ?
Honestly if roman was our boss Ole would have been sacked long ago. Roman is an unpredictable boss and he won't shy away from replacing the manager. But yes I would be surprised if Tuchel is sacked this soon.

el3mel

Honestly if roman was our boss Ole would have been sacked long ago. Roman is an unpredictable boss and he won't shy away from replacing the manager. But yes I would be surprised if Tuchel is sacked this soon.
If Roman was our boss, he would have probably sacked Ole midway in his first full season back when we still didn't have Bruno and were in free fall, but no way he would have sacked him the season before it when he was hired only in December. Doesn't make sense at all neither for Ole nor for any other manager.

Any evaluation of Tuchel from their board will be based on next season. I'm not his biggest fan and actually have never been as convinced with him as many others back when he was still BVB manager, but in fairness he has decently well so far in terms of results.

cyberman

They only gave him a 18 month contract. No top 4 and this shit football and he wont last.

el3mel

They only gave him a 18 month contract. No top 4 and this shit football and he wont last.
Contract length means nothing. If he does well next season they'll give him a +1 new contract in January. The length isn't a big deal, it's actually better this way for both parties.

There's still one year left in his contract so pretty sure Roman isn't going to take any decision on his future till at least seeing what he'll do next season with a fresh start. It doesn't make sense otherwise you should have to wanted us to sack Ole after his first 6 months because of finishing 6th and winning 2 out of our last 10 games or so, but of course we didn't back then, because it would have been a meltdown rather than a rational decision.

Beside you're making it look like they are in crisis but they're not. He has been doing decently well. Nothing groundbreaking but not bad either. They have just won 7 points out of 9 from United, Liverpool and Everton before today's draw and scored a 1-0 win in their CL tie away at Atletico (La Liga leader). They're doing well.

cyberman

Contract length means nothing. If he does well next season they'll give him a +1 new contract in January. The length isn't a big deal, it's actually better this way for both parties.

There's still one year left in his contract so pretty sure Roman isn't going to take any decision on his future till at least seeing what he'll do next season with a fresh start. It doesn't make sense otherwise you should have to wanted us to sack Ole after his first 6 months because of finishing 6th and winning 2 out of our last 10 games or so, but of course we didn't back then, because it would have been a meltdown rather than a rational decision.

Beside you're making it look like they are in crisis but they're not. He has been doing decently well. Nothing groundbreaking but not bad either. They have just won 7 points out of 9 from United, Liverpool and Everton before today's draw and scored a 1-0 win in their CL tie away at Atletico (La Liga leader). They're doing well.
I juat can't see how having a manager at Chelsea with 1 year left in his contract doesnt undermine him. If he isnt getting the best out of his attackers and he isnt getting top 4, what exactly will keep him at Chelsea?
9 non pen and own goals in 12 games, 3 draws in last 5 when they have to be making a surge for top 4.
Theyre more compact but thats it. Theres too much of the season left that Tuchel cant hide those failures. If he fails to get top 4 then its 10 more games like this and it becomes glaring. Its not like its a short window and he just fails because they ran out of games.

Makelele

I have been impressed by him. What he managed to do with that defence and the improvement you see in several players speak for itself. Will probably be given another season regardless of whether he makes top four or not. Players like Christensen and Rudiger suddenly look like top players. It’s not a coincidence.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Nah, the payoff when they sack him is a lot less, and it does point to a lack of confidence to begin with.

el3mel

I juat can't see how having a manager at Chelsea with 1 year left in his contract doesnt undermine him. If he isnt getting the best out of his attackers and he isnt getting top 4, what exactly will keep him at Chelsea?
9 non pen and own goals in 12 games, 3 draws in last 5 when they have to be making a surge for top 4.
Theyre more compact but thats it. Theres too much of the season left that Tuchel cant hide those failures. If he fails to get top 4 then its 10 more games like this and it becomes glaring. Its not like its a short window and he just fails because they ran out of games.
I feel people exaggerate the point of manager managing in his last year of contract a lot, similarly to Ole's contract thread. Players play and sign for the club not the manager, and players nowadays know very well managers don't stick long, even if you give them a long contract, a single bad run any time might see him getting sacked immediately. Contracts are just a matter of formality, but they don't mean stability or anything.

I do agree they don't play a good football but the results have been quite decent. I don't know what will happen from now till the end of the season but so far they're not doing bad at all and even if it went south the next 2 months, I'm still pretty sure Roman will want to see the first 4-6 months of the new season before deciding on either giving him a new contract or letting him go.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have been impressed by him. What he managed to do with that defence and the improvement you see in several players speak for itself. Will probably be given another season regardless of whether he makes top four or not. Players like Christensen and Rudiger suddenly look like top players. It’s not a coincidence.
He's been great. Zero complaints from me.

Makelele

Nah, the payoff when they sack him is a lot less, and it does point to a lack of confidence to begin with.
I think it’s an insurance against his temperament and unpredictability, not his coaching ability.

el3mel

PSG have been giving these kind of contracts to all their managers for as long as I can remember now.

Contracts are just a matter of formality and nothing else. If he does well he'll get a longer contract. It's not a big deal for both parties.

Neither Chelsea nor Tuchel know the future to bond themselves to each other blindly for a long time without actually seeing how this experiment will go. No managerial appointment is guaranteed success anyway.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it’s an insurance against his temperament and unpredictability, not his coaching ability.
Yeah, I agree. And maybe they are also mindful of saving more cash. But it's clearly not to Tuchel's benefit.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
PSG have been giving these kind of contracts to all their managers for as long as I can remember now.

Contracts are just a matter of formality and nothing else. If he does well he'll get a longer contract. It's not a big deal for both parties.

Neither Chelsea nor Tuchel know the future to bond themselves to each other blindly for a long time without actually seeing how this experiment will go. No managerial appointment is guaranteed success anyway.
Yes, but the monies..

el3mel

Yes, but the monies..
I mean, it'll look pretty weird if he's worried this much about the pay-off sack on his first days at the club. :lol: He'll get enough money from them during his stay there.

Beside, he himself might have thinking if he'll actually like working and living in England or not.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, it'll look pretty weird if he's worried this much about the pay-off sack on his first days at the club. :lol: He'll get enough money from them during his stay there.

Beside, he himself might have thinking if he'll actually like working and living in England or not.
He was asked about it. He said he thought it was odd at first but after thinking about it for a couple of minutes, he decided it wasn't worth worrying about because if he did a bad job they'd sack him anyway and he did a good job they'd want to keep him around.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

He's been exuberant about managing in the Premier League. I'm not saying anything other than the actual fact that if you get a shorter deal and then get sacked, you get less off a payoff. I'm not saying it makes the job unappealing or that he shouldn't do it. But it does indicate that they are less committed to him - though it is a sensible way to manage the club financially.

el3mel

He was asked about it. He said he thought it was odd at first but after thinking about it for a couple of minutes, he decided it wasn't worth worrying about because if he did a bad job they'd sack him anyway and he did a good job they'd want to keep him around.
Yeah that's how I'm looking at it too.

el3mel

He's been exuberant about managing in the Premier League. I'm not saying anything other than the actual fact that if you get a shorter deal and then get sacked, you get less off a payoff. I'm not saying it makes the job unappealing or that he shouldn't do it. But it does indicate that they are less committed to him - though it is a sensible way to manage the club financially.
I don't disagree about the payoff, as for the commitment, it's Chelsea to be fair. :lol: They're probably starting to learn from the sacking circus they have been doing for the last years and will probably start applying these short term contracts from now on.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Come on! He's not getting sacked this season unless they have a slump similar to what Liverpool are going through now.

They'll finish in top 4 most likely and I'm pretty sure that would be sufficient to save his job, considering they were 9th when he took over

Pagh Wraith

They look really good indeed. The shots/xG conceded are crazy low under Tuchel (Newcastle managed the highest with 0.7, every other team was restricted to 0.2 - 0.5) and even though they haven't scored a ton of goals, chance creation looks alright as well and they outperformed every opponent they have come up against.

Teja

Why is there even a discussion of a sack? I thought they were doing pretty good under him (8th when he took over and likely 2nd - 4th now).

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah that's how I'm looking at it too.
Yeah it could mean that he isn't particularly motivated by money or that the opportunity to manage a top team in the PL is worth the risk.

90 + 5min

People are either joking, trolling or insane.
This is RedCafe. If you don't win the league after one game, sack the manager. If you don't win games 10-0, sack the manager. We have fans wanting to sack Solskjaer for being 2nd and losing only 2 games since christmas.

Sack, sack, sack. Sack Tuchel. He doesn't lead the league.

432JuanMata

There were a good bit off top 4 when he took over and Athletico looked like a huge challenge, not their top 4 and in good position to qualify in the CL. He seems to have fixed the defence how many goals have they conceded since he took over ?. He will eventually get them scoring whether enough to be challenging next year is the huge question. But he’s doing fine since coming in

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We will have to agree to disagree. Most clubs would never sack a manager for 1 bad season after such successful seasons.
Bayern have done it regularly, Barcelona have done it, City have done it, Madrid, PSG and Juve have sacked managers after they've won the league.

The only top clubs really obsessed with managerial longevity are you and Arsenal and you are both significantly much worse off for it.

Technically maybe.. Since the start of Feb they have picked up 18 of 24 points. In that same time United have picked up 13 of 21 points and there is an argument to be made it probably should be Chelsea picking up 17 out of 24 and United 17 of 21 if not for terrible ref decisions in the West Brom & Chelsea matches against us.
:lol:

If we go down the if, but and maybe route we can scrutinize the majority of wins you've had this season and turn them into hypothetical draws and defeats.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Bayern have done it regularly, Barcelona have done it, City have done it, Madrid, PSG and Juve have sacked managers after they've won the league.

The only top clubs really obsessed with managerial longevity are you and Arsenal and you are both significantly much worse off for it.
My argument was that Chelsea are a sacking club, regardless of how it works for them, that is what they are. Since 2011, not including care taker managers that were there for less than 1 month, of the clubs you mentioned, the number of managers are;

9. Chelsea,
7. Real Madrid,
6. Bayern,
6. Barca,
6. PSG,
4. Juve.

Since Roman arrived in 2004, the number of managers them clubs have had are;

16. Real Madrid,
15. Chelsea,
10. PSG,
13. Bayern,
8. Barca,
8. Juve.

Chelsea are nicknamed as a sacking club and rightly so, the last 10 years have seen them top of the managers list. In the last 17 years, only Real Madrid are ahead on the list and they are known as the worst club for sacking managers. Even then they are only ahead of Chelsea by 1.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
My argument was that Chelsea are a sacking club, regardless of how it works for them, that is what they are. Since 2011, not including care taker managers that were there for less than 1 month, of the clubs you mentioned, the number of managers are;

9. Chelsea,
7. Real Madrid,
6. Bayern,
6. Barca,
6. PSG,
4. Juve.

Since Roman arrived in 2004, the number of managers them clubs have had are;

16. Real Madrid,
15. Chelsea,
10. PSG,
13. Bayern,
8. Barca,
8. Juve.

Chelsea are nicknamed as a sacking club and rightly so, the last 10 years have seen them top of the managers list. In the last 17 years, only Real Madrid are ahead on the list and they are known as the worst club for sacking managers. Even then they are only ahead of Chelsea by 1.
But the point I was making is most top clubs do sack managers after one poor season despite success previously and some even sack them straight after a successful season, Juve with Sarri the latest example.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout

9. Chelsea,
7. Real Madrid,
6. Bayern,
6. Barca,
6. PSG,
4. Juve.
If your argument is that Chelsea are a sacking club, you should only really count the managers who were sacked, rather than how many people have managed the side.

Chelsea have sacked 5 managers since 2011. Villas Boas, Di Matteo, Jose, Conte and Lampard.

Sarris wasn't sacked (Juve paid us a fee of £5 mil), Rafa, Holland and Hiddink were not sacked, they left when their caretaker contracts ended.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If your argument is that Chelsea are a sacking club, you should only really count the managers who were sacked, rather than how many people have managed the side.

Chelsea have sacked 5 managers since 2011. Villas Boas, Di Matteo, Jose, Conte and Lampard.

Sarris wasn't sacked (Juve paid us a fee of £5 mil), Rafa, Holland and Hiddink were not sacked, they left when their caretaker contracts ended.
IMO all five of them deserved the sack

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Man, the resisent United fans are really able to convince themselves of very ridiculous opinions if they are convenient. I thought that thread title was to wind Chelsea fans up bit some in here genuinely believe Tuchel could be sacked. I mean, isn't he still unbeaten?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Man, the resisent United fans are really able to convince themselves of very ridiculous opinions if they are convenient. I thought that thread title was to wind Chelsea fans up bit some in here genuinely believe Tuchel could be sacked. I mean, isn't he still unbeaten?
Ole is also unbeaten in the last 12 games and he's being lambasted.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Chelsea's really not as sack-happy as a lot of posters make them out to be. Aside from perhaps Ancelotti, is there any Chelsea manager in the last 10 or so years who didn't deserve the sack?
Sarri?