Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

cyberman

Thats 3 draws out of 5 isnt it?
Struggling to score and not exactly racing for top 4

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's so intense. Always looks like he could fly off the handle at any minute.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Will he get the sack if they miss out on Top 4 ?
If we just miss out? Nope. He took over when we were 9th.

If we finish something like 10th then maybe but that looks very unlikely, given our form.

His start has been very positive so far, unbeaten in 12, not conceding, doing well in the Champions League. Sack talk is bonkers.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I think the lack of goals is more down to how poorly they spent in the summer rather than his tactics. Ziyech, Havertz, Werner - that's around £150m, and the only one that can put the ball in the net seems to be a 34 year old Giroud.

I think we can add Pulisic to that list in time.

Djemba-Djemba

If we finish something like 10th then maybe but that looks very unlikely, given our form.

His start has been very positive so far, unbeaten in 12, not conceding, doing well in the Champions League. Sack talk is bonkers.
You don't have the best recent track record for denying a Chelsea manager is about to be sacked though...

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool

Nah If Chelsea blow this from here and allow either Everton, Pool or Spurs to finish above them in 4th. Sack talk is warranted. Your Chelsea remember!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
You don't have the best recent track record for denying a Chelsea manager is about to be sacked though...
I have an excellent track record! I remember offering bets to people who said Lampard would be sacked last year and nobody took me up on it. I didn't do the same this year you'll notice!

Sweet Square

I would think he’d be afforded a full season and a summer window of his own at least but nothing would surprise me with Chelsea and how ruthless they can be.
You'd think he'd get next season but it is Chelsea so who knows

Yep. Hasnt he an 18 month contract for that reason?
For whatever reason I just kinda of guessed he would be here next season(I don't think abramovich has sacked two managers in a season ?) but with the recent ''bad'' form you never know.
Wasn't a large part of Frank getting the sack down to his relationship with the new German players ?

I guess if Abramovich did get rid, Nagelsmann would be next but well he would be mad to go there.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I have an excellent track record! I remember offering bets to people who said Lampard would be sacked last year and nobody took me up on it. I didn't do the same this year you'll notice!
Not this again. :lol:

Lewnited

Aren't these lot doing better form wise than everyone else bar City? Would be hilsrious if he ended up getting sacked but I highly doubt it :lol:

ShinjiNinja26

Aren't these lot doing better form wise than everyone else bar City? Would be hilsrious if he ended up getting sacked but I highly doubt it :lol:
It’s unlikely but remember this is the same club that sacked Ancelotti despite winning a double in his first season and had them in 2nd place then they pulled the trigger on him.

JustinC00

Aren't these lot doing better form wise than everyone else bar City?
Technically maybe.. Since the start of Feb they have picked up 18 of 24 points. In that same time United have picked up 13 of 21 points and there is an argument to be made it probably should be Chelsea picking up 17 out of 24 and United 17 of 21 if not for terrible ref decisions in the West Brom & Chelsea matches against us.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Technically maybe.. Since the start of Feb they have picked up 18 of 24 points. In that same time United have picked up 13 of 21 points and there is an argument to be made it probably should be Chelsea picking up 17 out of 24 and United 17 of 21 if not for terrible ref decisions in the West Brom & Chelsea matches against us.
So Tuchel has them only marginally better than an out of sorts United. Not very good, is it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chelsea are a billionaire's plaything, so why wouldn't he quickly be under the cosh if he fails in their moderate aims?
Probably more likely if they're not top 4 by end of September though.

He's got them looking very right defensively. Just needs to get a tune out of one of their expensive forwards.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Chelsea's really not as sack-happy as a lot of posters make them out to be. Aside from perhaps Ancelotti, is there any Chelsea manager in the last 10 or so years who didn't deserve the sack?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Climbed back into the top 4 within weeks of taking over. Looking good to advance in the CL and FA Cup....yeah everyone should be expecting him to be sacked.... :lol:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Chelsea's really not as sack-happy as a lot of posters make them out to be. Aside from perhaps Ancelotti, is there any Chelsea manager in the last 10 or so years who didn't deserve the sack?
Since Ancelotti was sacked in 2011 they have had 9 managers in 10 years, Chelsea being labelled as sack happy is warranted.

Mourinho and Conte were sacked the season after winning the PL, and Di Matteo the season after winning the CL. Managers having a bad season the year after winning such big trophies should be allowed to see the season out at least.

However the biggest farce for a managerial sacking in PL history goes to Leicester. I have hated them ever since the sacking of Ranieri.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Since Ancelotti was sacked in 2011 they have had 9 managers in 10 years, Chelsea being labelled as sack happy is warranted.

Mourinho and Conte were sacked the season after winning the PL, and Di Matteo the season after winning the CL. Managers having a bad season the year after winning such big trophies should be allowed to see the season out at least.

However the biggest farce for a managerial sacking in PL history goes to Leicester. I have hated them ever since the sacking if Ranieri.
Mourinho lost the dressing room and had them close to the relegation zone.

Conte did see the following season out. He missed out on CL football and fell out with everyone at the club.

Di Matteo was out of his depth - fluking a CL win doesn't change that. Getting rid of him saved their season.

Every single one of those sackings was 100% warranted.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mourinho lost the dressing room and had them close to the relegation zone.

Conte did see the following season out. He missed out on CL football and fell out with everyone at the club.

Di Matteo was out of his depth - fluking a CL win doesn't change that. Getting rid of him saved their season.

Every single one of those sackings was 100% warranted.
We will have to agree to disagree. Most clubs would never sack a manager for 1 bad season after such successful seasons. That along with 9 managers in 10 years means the term sacking club is warranted for Chelsea, as they are worse than most clubs for sacking managers.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yeah Chelsea are not as sack happy as everyone including their own fans think.
What they do more than other clubs is not resting on past successes. That means even if a manager won them the league but the following season is not reaching top 4, they will sack him.
But they were much more sack happier when they sacked Mourinho the first time or Ancelotti for coming 2nd.
Whereas now Lampard wasn’t sacked because he wasn’t competing for the league title, he was sacked because top 4 was slipping away with no signs of improvements + increasing rumours about dressing room unrest.

GBBQ

That means even if a manager won them the league but the following season is not reaching top 4, they will sack him.
That’s the very definition of sack happy! Taking a proven manager who has delivered silverware for them and getting rid when things don’t go quite as well for them.