Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

tomaldinho1

Defence is all over the place that’s why they’ve conceded 3. Looked better when Kim came on though.
I only started watching second half in fairness but commentators were saying 1st goal was v lucky and 2nd was just a wonder goal. I saw the 3rd and it was just a silly handball. Kim is a monster. Szesko is a lot quicker than I thought he was as well.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Ye but Chelsea was already used to working under a similar system.
Definitely, I think Chelsea suited him well especially in tourneys, after all they gave Madrid hell in that quarter final.

His time in bayern at the other hand has been a dissaster by their standards, should have been 0/4 if it wasn't for BVB being their customary whipping boys.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman

Lots of response to my post, but all of what I said is true. I don't get the hype for tuchel. I understand he is a good cup manager, but I wouldn't even classify him as one of the top 10 managers in football right now

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Lots of response to my post, but all of what I said is true. I don't get the hype for tuchel. I understand he is a good cup manager, but I wouldn't even classify him as one of the top 10 managers in football right now
Yes he’s overrated. He’s crap. Got lucky with Chelsea, won things with psg but let’s be honest who wouldn’t. Got lucky by winning the league with Bayern if Dortmund didn’t mess it up.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Probably sacked by Christmas.

Don't think Tuchel is over the shit that got him sacked by us.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I still think he's an excellent coach but taking over Bayern in the situation he did wasn't a smart decision. The club seems to be in complete disarray and the team is a bit overrated I think.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Indeed I actually agree with you here. Overrated manager who at this rate, won’t last til Christmas

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I got swept up a bit when he won the CL with Chelsea but what are his best qualities as a coach? I couldn't really tell you which is a bit eh.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
People are talking about Christmas, but I don’t think he will make it 5 games into the season. Nagelsmann lost confidence of higher ups while doing much, much better.

With the reported personality issues, lack of unanimous support within the club and terrible record and performances since he came in, they won’t want a 100 million striker being wasted on a dud manager.

He will be gone by the time the CL starts.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I heard that Nagelsmann fella has won 11/11 knockout games last season. He should be the natural candidate if Tuchel gets into trouble.

InfiniteBoredom

I think there’s merit to the idea that he’s not as good as he was often touted to be (I.e alongside Klopp, Pep etc as the best managers in the game), but there seems to be a malaise over this Bayern team, they just don’t seem receptive to new ideas, even under Nagelsman, players got comfortable for far too long just walking the league with the same old faces, now some of them are gone and the rest just chugging along without pushing themselves to the limits. Dortmund choking that title last season might well prove to be worse for them in the long run than if they had won it.

They will sack Tuchel this season, but I don’t think the next coach will be a revelation.

CM

Bayern looked just as unwatchable as his Chelsea side did. It doesn't look like he knows how to make an attack function correctly.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Lost 2 0 to Leipzig today. Must be one of the most overhyped manager in football. Lost ligue 1 with psg, almost lost German Bundesliga with bayern, left chelsea in a mess and so on. I don't get the hype for him.
He didnt.
He got sacked in december that season

Abraxas

He's a very good manager. Dangerous, he can set a side up to win a cup competition, which is proven.

But he doesn't have the class of say a Klopp that has built teams with very distinct and impressive styles. Almost as if Klopp squeezes blood from a stone. With Tuchel I think there is a degree of pragmatism and he's very good in the right circumstances but he's also more than capable of screwing things up and he always seems close to a blow up. That's not good. As a manager these days you need to be able to work with different owners, different personalities. Diplomatic skills can be just as important as tactical, who cares what a genius you are at setting up a press if you lose the confidence of your owners.

Jam

Thing is; who would be the candidate to replace him?

Will Bayern panic and get a short term option, or will they move for a younger coach and install a long term plan?

The signing of Kane, and move for Walker, indicates more of a 2-3 year short term ambition, but there’s no reason why they can’t start working on a longer term footing while having Kane as a talismanic player to help push them over the line during a transition.

SAFMUTD

That's a god damn awful stat. He's lucky Dortmund shit the bend on the last match otherwise he'd surely be gone by now.

tenhagsimp

I got swept up a bit when he won the CL with Chelsea but what are his best qualities as a coach? I couldn't really tell you which is a bit eh.
Honestly he's more akin to Conte in my opinion. His 3 ATB formation caught people off guard but once the other managers knew that trick he is cooked (i.e tuchel cant adapt his tactics to counter the counter). He always push his fullbacks high up to the pitch (ala Conte) and it opens his side to wing attacks. Also he was horrible at organizing set pieces iirc

Sir Erik ten Hag

Thing is; who would be the candidate to replace him?

Will Bayern panic and get a short term option, or will they move for a younger coach and install a long term plan?

The signing of Kane, and move for Walker, indicates more of a 2-3 year short term ambition, but there’s no reason why they can’t start working on a longer term footing while having Kane as a talismanic player to help push them over the line during a transition.
Which famous manager in Europe is well-known for being short-term success, also is the man who elevated Kane's game to the current level? Hmm... :nervous:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

But the way are people going about Bayern here you would think theyre on top form.... clearly not a team under transition, theyre elite man. Those 11 games where they didnt win was a fluke. Gonna win Champions League soon.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
It was only the DFL super cup, nothing more than a glorious friendly.

If I remember correctly, Pep lost all his 3 super cup finals when he coached Bayern.
We also lost in the super cup 19/20 in the triple season.

Next Friday against Bremen is important, if we lose that game I will be concerned.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
And what is that shit? I didn't follow him clearly.
Divorce and his new girlfriend. Rumours are his behaviour was very bizarre and he lost the respect of our players, the dressing room.

Certainly results went to pot after his wife left.

Remember the geese

I angered a few Chelsea fans on here who had him on a similar pedestal to Klopp and Pep. He was never at that level, despite it also being pushed by the mainstream media at the time. I remember saying that I wouldn't have him at United.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly he's more akin to Conte in my opinion. His 3 ATB formation caught people off guard but once the other managers knew that trick he is cooked (i.e tuchel cant adapt his tactics to counter the counter). He always push his fullbacks high up to the pitch (ala Conte) and it opens his side to wing attacks. Also he was horrible at organizing set pieces iirc
When we peaked (performance wise, obviously the UCL win was the result peak) James and Chilwell were actually inverting into the pitch and becoming almost number 10s.