Thomas Tuchel | Gone to & from Bayern (In Summer)

Rajma

Seems more like cups are his strength. Did poor at psg as well in a league that he was suppose to win, until poch stared the ship in the right direction. If lukaku isn't working out up front, he should just drop him and do what was working earlier on in the season.
:lol: :lol: I really love your wum.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Of course not. He's the most impressive manager we've had since Mourinho 1.0. In all seriousness, the team looks very tired. I don't think we've had a single free midweek for months.
Should send kids to club world cup and give key players holiday.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Chilwell injury was a HUGE wound, the James injury at the same time has been fatal.Those two were THE reason we were flying at the top of the table. The wingbacks ripping up and down the flanks was the main feature of Tuchel’s football.

Now we have Azpi and Alonso (two of the slowest players in the entire league) there, neither of whom can cope with the speed of the league anymore.

We’re a dead team. If any of Arsenal, WH, Spurs, or United can put together a consistent run of 3-4 wins we won’t finish in the top 4.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's actually amazing that such a limited player like Lukaku costs 100 million squids and earns 400k £ a week. Never could understand what people are seeing in him.

Chelsea with Lewandowski instead of Lukaku upfront would definitely challenge Man City.
See? This is the bullshit I'm talking about.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
It's actually amazing that such a limited player like Lukaku costs 100 million squids and earns 400k £ a week. Never could understand what people are seeing in him.

Chelsea with Lewandowski instead of Lukaku upfront would definitely challenge Man City.
Chelsea have other issues, not just Lukaku.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Should send kids to club world cup and give key players holiday.
I would totally do that. Should have rested the entire team against Chesterfield too. It just looks like so many players are running on fumes. Alonso and Azpi have played almost every single game for weeks and weeks.

edcunited1878

Chelsea's current run is what could have been during Tuchel's initial few months in charge, but then they got the results needed to win CL and just about enough to get a Top 4 place.

Shape is much better, they have an identity about them, then their pressing, but still having some issues scoring and providing service throughout a match. When James and Chilwell are your top goal scores for a handful of months, then something is off and there will be course correction. They are in that course correction.

sugar_kane

Remember that mad thread where people were seriously debating for weeks who was better out of Tuchel, Klopp and Guardiola?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I wonder who will be there come March time? Any predictions? :D

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They're in the final of the Carabao Cup, still in the FA Cup and Champions League and still getting enough points to finish in the top four. It'd be mad to let him go even if they are in a bit of a bad run.

City have created this idea that what they do every season under Guardiola is normal for a side trying to win the league. It's not. They're a freak of nature and if not for them and their insane standards then Chelsea and Tuchel would be fine in the league.

Moby

Dick
They're in the final of the Carabao Cup, still in the FA Cup and Champions League and still getting enough points to finish in the top four.
It will be absolutely brilliant if they end up in a fight for top 4 with all their injuries and an unhappy dressing room. There are a few teams at their heels.

Just looking at the table Arsenal are 12 points behind having played 3 games less. Spurs are 14 points behind having played 5! games less. Those guys are gonna complete those games while Chelsea are off playing world cup so by the time they return the gap could be much closer. Definitely not as comfortable as it looks on paper.

I'm obviously still being hopeful and they'd not slip out of top 4 but it will be great if this Chelsea team genuinely gets cursed and continues dropping points after the entire wankfest that went on for the initial season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It will be absolutely brilliant if they end up in a fight for top 4 with all their injuries and an unhappy dressing room. There are a few teams at their heels.

Just looking at the table Arsenal are 12 points behind having played 3 games less. Spurs are 14 points behind having played 5! games less. Those guys are gonna complete those games while Chelsea are off playing world cup so by the time they return the gap could be much closer. Definitely not as comfortable as it looks on paper.

I'm obviously still being hopeful and they'd not slip out of top 4 but it will be great if this Chelsea team genuinely gets cursed and continues dropping points after the entire wankfest that went on for the initial season.
Arsenal are 9 behind with 3 games in hand. Spurs are 11 behind with 5 games in hand.

Gandalf

Don't really want any of the top managers sacked until we have appointed someone full time, would be just like us to fanny around over offering the position to ETH and then have Roman steamroll past us with the chequebook out. I do acknowledge the reality that even if nobody else gets sacked we are still liable to give it to Darren Fletcher with Ralf as senior advisor because that is the kind of shit we do.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Arsenal are 9 behind with 3 games in hand. Spurs are 11 behind with 5 games in hand.
Games in hand in the PL means that the poor sods will have to play 5-10-15 games in a row, two or even three per week, though… which is a footballing death sentence and a real risk to players’ health (I know, I am parroting Conte here, but that’s it when you have to play and play through an already congested schedule).

Moby

Dick
You are correct.

What I was looking at was if Arsenal win all their games they will be level. While if Spurs win theirs they will overtake Chelsea by 4. Arsenal games in hand are tougher while Spurs ones are easier.

They are obviously not gonna win all of them but still enough of a reason to worry as you are now depending on others dropping points. And there's West ham as well.

A proper London brawl would be fun.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Or United and Mourinho the season they finished second? Just checking if we are using the same benchmark.
No different rules apply to United...just kidding. 81 points would win the league now and then but since Guardiola came in you need at least 85-90 to secure a title.

Points on the board over games in hand for me. Chelsea are still odds on to end up in the top three. Two points per game so far and it'd take a lot of consistency from one of the rest.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They're in the final of the Carabao Cup, still in the FA Cup and Champions League and still getting enough points to finish in the top four. It'd be mad to let him go even if they are in a bit of a bad run.

City have created this idea that what they do every season under Guardiola is normal for a side trying to win the league. It's not. They're a freak of nature and if not for them and their insane standards then Chelsea and Tuchel would be fine in the league.
Spot on to be honest. In a normal a title race I'd imagine we'd be 5 points or so off the pace. Not 13.

Moby

Dick
Games in hand in the PL means that the poor sods will have to play 5-10-15 games in a row, two or even three per week, though… which is a footballing death sentence and a real risk to players’ health (I know, I am parroting Conte here, but that’s it when you have to play and play through an already congested schedule).
True. But Chelsea also aren't getting any breaks. They have the travel for the world cup with the squad already looking gassed. Plus CL unlike spurs who likely don't have Europe this season.

Chelsea still the best of the lot but it's certainly closer than it was a while ago.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
What the hell do you want Tuchel?

I hate stubborn people, I don't understand what is driving Tuchel to this but it's unbearable.

I realized a long time ago that we were not going to fight in the first place, he had all the legitimacy to experiment and test something different, a plan B, a plan C.

And he insists and insists again on something that no longer makes any sense.

Watching the team today was another act of masochism.

Make a 4 defense, take Lukaku out of the team, give the team a new look or we're going to struggle to hold a top4 spot and you're going to get fired.

It's so huge stupidity there's no way to back. you up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
True. But Chelsea also aren't getting any breaks. They have the travel for the world cup with the squad already looking gassed. Plus CL unlike spurs who likely don't have Europe this season.

Chelsea still the best of the lot but it's certainly closer than it was a while ago.
It's absolutely going to be a slog until the end of the season.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Spot on to be honest. In a normal a title race I'd imagine we'd be 5 points or so off the pace. Not 13.
They've muddied the water when it comes to what's expected. They win 15 games in a row every season or almost every year anyway.

Moby

Dick
No different rules apply to United...just kidding. 81 points would win the league now and then but since Guardiola came in you need at least 85-90 to secure a title.

Points on the board over games in hand for me. Chelsea are still odds on to end up in the top three. Two points per game so far and it'd take a lot of consistency from one of the rest.
Yeah like I said I'm being hopeful on this slump continuing and Lukaku continuing to sulk etc. It would be good to see them in a position where they are close to those other teams and see what happens.

Think Spurs could be a threat. Easy fixtures for their games in hand, possibly no Europe and a good manager who knows how to grind out results in a race.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Doesn’t matter for Arsenal and Spurs who both are out of Europe. Arsenal even out of the FA cup, they have 19 or 20 games left in 18 weeks.

Moby

Dick
It's absolutely going to be a slog until the end of the season.
Good thing for you is that you guys have by far the deepest squad in the league. Even City have around 20 players and fill the bench with teenagers every week. While you guys have seasoned pros start to end. Every position is stacked with two quality experienced players which is why even now your 18 man squad has no weakness.

Which would probably not look great on Tuchel. This might not be his squad but there's loads of talent and options for him to try different systems and at least win games like today while playing against a rather toothless opposition. The whole wingbacks scoring goals worked with James and Chilwell. He should be playing more attackers now and has plenty of them at his disposal. At least more than his competition.

Remember the geese

Not that it's going to happen, but I wouldn't want Tuchel at United. Good manager, but ultimately not quite good enough. I also find his style of football uninspiring. Well coached and organised, but I would like a bit more than that.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
What the hell do you want Tuchel?

I hate stubborn people, I don't understand what is driving Tuchel to this but it's unbearable.

I realized a long time ago that we were not going to fight in the first place, he had all the legitimacy to experiment and test something different, a plan B, a plan C.

And he insists and insists again on something that no longer makes any sense.

Watching the team today was another act of masochism.

Make a 4 defense, take Lukaku out of the team, give the team a new look or we're going to struggle to hold a top4 spot and you're going to get fired.

It's so huge stupidity there's no way to back. you up.
We played the entire game with a 4 man defense :lol:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Chelsea have played 6 more PL games than Burnley. At what point do the PL have to step in and put a stop to this nonsense season? The postponements can't be allowed to carry on in this farcical manner.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They've muddied the water when it comes to what's expected. They win 15 games in a row every season or almost every year anyway.
Yeah our run of of endless draws isn't really great whichever way you look at it, but it looks and feels 10x worse than it is because City are so far ahead.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Good thing for you is that you guys have by far the deepest squad in the league. Even City have around 20 players and fill the bench with teenagers every week. While you guys have seasoned pros start to end. Every position is stacked with two quality experienced players which is why even now your 18 man squad has no weakness.

Which would probably not look great on Tuchel. This might not be his squad but there's loads of talent and options for him to try different systems and at least win games like today while playing against a rather toothless opposition. The whole wingbacks scoring goals worked with James and Chilwell. He should be playing more attackers now and has plenty of them at his disposal. At least more than his competition.
Where's the white text? Alonso and Azpilicueta are very plainly not fit for service as wing backs - this is why we've gone for a 4 at the back recently to get an extra attacker on the pitch (including today).

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea have played 6 more PL games than Burnley. At what point do the PL have to step in and put a stop to this nonsense season? The postponements can't be allowed to carry on in this farcical manner.
It's farcical that we played 9 matches in December despite carrying the most injuries of any team in the league along with multiple COVID cases - yet now apparently faked positive tests and/or expeditious loan deals are sufficient to get matches postponed.

Moby

Dick
It's farcical that we played 9 matches in December despite carrying the most injuries of any team in the league along with multiple COVID cases - yet now apparently faked positive tests and/or expeditious loan deals are sufficient to get matches postponed.
It's farcical but circles back to you guys having such a huge squad of players with PL experience. You guys are the last team in the league that will ever be able to have grounds for postponement.

Like I mentioned earlier check City's squad size and what they've been putting on their bench for the last few GWs.