Thoughts on Tuchel as a potential United manager?

dove

If he is available then absolutely. However I don't see why he would be available.

Chairman Steve

I‘ve said it before but I’m pro-ETH, but if Tuchel becomes available… it’s a really tough choice between those two personally.

bosskeano

I‘ve said it before but I’m pro-ETH, but if Tuchel becomes available… it’s a really tough choice between those two personally.

I'm in the corner of ETH ahead of Poch but how could you not immediately take Tuchel if he became available?? how would he get out of his contract though?

highly doubt he could just quit, walk away and immediately be hired by another prem club.

This guy would be an absolute home run type hire just for stability within the club much like he's brought to Chelsea.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

All very hypothetical and almost certainly won't happen but if Tuchel was available, where would he rank among candidates for the United job in your eyes?
Would take him in a NY minute. He's the best available (assuming he will be soon).

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would be my number one choice easily if there’s a chance we can get him.

Bwuk

Yes. Would be really interesting to see what he could do with our squad.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Would be brilliant signing but chances are very slim.

MUFC OK

No way in a million years is this happening. He won't leave Chelsea. Would take him over Poch, not over Ten hag though.

Pintu

It was a crime to keep Olé on when he became available last year… It would be a terrible mistake to not go for him now.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think we'd all happily have Tuchel here. Given the sanctions we'd potentially not have to pay them any fee for him either.

Sviken

Ten Hag for me. But I'd much rather have Tuchel over Poch, that's for sure.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Stylistically there aren't many coaches better suited to build on Ranginck's work than Tuchel. Probably only Nagelsmann. If we see Ralf as laying foundations then Tuchel would be a logical next step.

Telsim

Only if we can't get Ten Hag. I firmly believe missing out on him will prove to be a horrible, horrible mistake in 3-4 years, and we will be here wondering why did that happen. We have to do everything to get him, but if it doesn't happen, then Tuchel is second-best.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Not a chance we will get him. But it would be absolutely the best decision the club,s made in the last 8 years if we land him though.

gajender

Is it only me who find Chelsea under Tuchel bit underwhelming, he seem to be way too pragmatic against other top teams .

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Over Poch and ETH actually. How's this even a question ? Nothing is happening though. It's just a random media BS. They just want a click bait news.

The war won't last enough and the sanctions can't continue forever. People will laugh at this rumor in a month.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Seeing as it's behind a pay wall, why exactly has it actually become in any way possible we could get him? Are Chelsea really that fecked with the sanctions and sale?

I always thought buying manager is like buying their remaining contract which different to how player’s transfer work. His salary is 7m and his contract is expired in 2024. 14m cost?? It’s only whether Tuchel agrees to come here. Given we have Rangnick as consultancy role, Tuchel would be interested.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Only if we can't get Ten Hag. I firmly believe missing out on him will prove to be a horrible, horrible mistake in 3-4 years, and we will be here wondering why did that happen. We have to do everything to get him, but if it doesn't happen, then Tuchel is second-best.
How can you pick Ten Hag over champions league winner right now? It’s not like he’s washed up manager in old era? May be ten Hag is the next big thing but surely you want someone who is currently closest to Pep and Klopp over someone who still have much more to prove?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d take him but can it even happen? I thought the only way anyone was getting out of Chelsea was if their contract expired?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Better than Poch but I'd prefer Ten Hag. He isn't good enough to challenge Klopp/Pep league-wise, for me, ETH has the potential to be.

Dante

Average bang
Yes.

The big question is how well he'd work with Richard Arnold. His biggest issues at Dortmund and PSG seemed to be clashes with the senior hierarchy. At Chelsea, he's done well enough, and maybe could have done better if he had the same level of squad as Guardiola or Klopp.

Tuchel is also 4 years younger than Ten Hag. He'd thrive in a supportive club structure.