Thoughts on Tuchel as a potential United manager?

Would you appoint Thomas Tuchel as the next Manchester United manager?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Spoony

The People's President
Would seem like a no brainer if Ralf is staying on in an executive DOF or consultant type role. Tuchel would seem to be a logical choice to take over, only this time Ralf wouldn't have to fish him out of a bartender job.
I agree.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Number 1 choice ahead of ETH because the uncertainty of ETH is that he hasn't been in charge of a club as big as United with heavy expectations.
Neither has Tuchel.

siw2007

Unlikely but with how things are unfolding at Chelsea there may be a window of opportunity. I would definitely be happy with him as the future manager if he was interested in the job.

Josh 76

Our defence is awful and un organised in a back 4 so imagine a back 3. Plus we’d have to buy like another 3 CB in the summer when we have other positions that need more attention.
I don’t think he’s stupid enough to play a back 3 if he hasn’t got the players.

Great managers make it work either way with proper coaching.

Ralf doesn’t rate him on Klopp and Peps level even though Ralf is actually friends with him. That tells you all you need to know

James Peril

Number 1 choice ahead of ETH because the uncertainty of ETH is that he hasn't been in charge of a club as big as United with heavy expectations.
Neither has Tuchel to be fair. He was at PSG, but he didn’t win the CL and was sacked. Just like Pochettino will be. Chelsea? Not a big club, sacking managers every other season regardless, no fans or culture whatsoever.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If United's season had gone exactly the same way as Chelsea's this season, people would be very annoyed. Losing a cup final and threatening to challenge for the league before being way off it come crunch time. Questionable signings made. It's no different to us last season.

Winning the CL was great but it still doesn’t show me he’s a truly elite manager.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Neither has Tuchel.
Neither has Tuchel to be fair. He was at PSG, but he didn’t win the CL and was sacked. Just like Pochettino will be. Chelsea? Not a big club, sacking managers every other season regardless, no fans or culture whatsoever.
Banter aside, whether you think Chelsea are a "big" club, being manager of Chelsea requires more scrutiny in a tougher league than Ajax.

Jibbs

It will be the awesomest thing ever. But I think Tuchel will join Real

MoskvaRed

Definitely a more interesting choice than Poch. As for ETH, I have no idea whether he could adapt to the dysfunctional mess that is United.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Yes over other options. But he won't be available so irrelevant.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'm assuming, with the current sanctions in place, that we wouldn't be able to pay out his contract anyway? At least if RA is sanctioned until the summer

Lee565

I saw carragher of all people champion us to try and get him, it's crazy how a legend for our fiercest rivals constantly speaks more sense than our club compared to our dopey rose tinted, living in the past ex united players like neville who was all for ole but thought a serial winner like conte was not a good fit

Remember the geese

I saw carragher of all people champion us to try and get him, it's crazy how a legend for our fiercest rivals constantly speaks more sense than our club compared to our dopey rose tinted, living in the past ex united players like neville who was all for ole but thought a serial winner like conte was not a good fit
Honestly, I'm sick of hearing about how we should have gone for Conte and that we've made such a big mistake. I agree with Neville.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Interesting, where's this from ?
Source: trust me bro

Even if Ragnarok didn’t rate Tuchel to the same level as Pep or Klopp it doesn’t matter - he’s quite clearly third best in the world after those two.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Really surprised by the amount of people who prefer ETH over Tuchel.

Classic case of prefering the unknown?