Tim Howard

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He's had a quality season. United just activated Agent Howard.

Robbie Boy

He's clearly past his best. He's been a brilliant player for Everton but his best days are behind him. Conceded something like 21 goals already this season. Everton are seriously lacking in that department with Joel Robles being the only other option.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He is playing as bad as his commentating, which is bloody awful. Also raises the question of wtf is he doing commentating on matches when he is still playing?

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Only a few months ago he was in beast mode at the World Cup, so I wouldn't say he's past it just yet. He's 35 which isn't that old for a keeper. I'd put it down to bad form more than anything else right.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He does :lol: ?
Yes, he's been commentating for League matches occasionally and it's awful. Topped only by Gus Johnson, who doesn't understand soccer, and former U.S. player Eric Wynalda, who also doesn't understand soccer...

Last edited:

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Crazy how bad he has been since the world cup where he was very good. Everton have only won 6 (?) league games, thats shocking really.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just how bad is he? Everton desperately need a new keeper. Howard is awful.
Yep. Although Joel has improved quite a bit and played well against West Ham he's not good enough either for the level we want to be at. Martinez said he was looking at trying to bring someone in during January but i assume whoever he was targeting wouldn't be available until the summer. I think Marshall was one of the people touted but i don't think he'd be quite good enough despite how well he did for Cardiff. I think that was more a case of someone standing out in a rubbish team, therefore being more heroic than he probably would be in a settled side.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Yep. Although Joel has improved quite a bit and played well against West Ham he's not good enough either for the level we want to be at. Martinez said he was looking at trying to bring someone in during January but i assume whoever he was targeting wouldn't be available until the summer. I think Marshall was one of the people touted but i don't think he'd be quite good enough despite how well he did for Cardiff. I think that was more a case of someone standing out in a rubbish team, therefore being more heroic than he probably would be in a settled side.
Obviously you have more problems than GK this season. I don't feel rash in saying that.

Boycott

I don't think he was ever that talented. He had outstanding agility and reflexes, and managed to brush up on aerial balls to an acceptable degree over years of experience but I always felt he had to do much more to make these saves because his positioning and decision making put him on the back foot. Age has caught up with him badly.

Count Orduck

He is 35. I know it's not exactly retirement age for a goalkeeper, but it's not young either. Wouldn't be surprising if his best form is behind him. He should go back to the MLS in the summer for another year or two of earning potential.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Ah I'd never say anything bad about ol' Tim.

Looked great for us before Rio got suspended, fell to pieces in front of a shit defence then after and never recovered for us.

Still a top keeper and a great professional and a great guy

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Was only the Daily Star but saw Everton linked with Caballero a couple of weeks back. Can't see him displacing Hart and he probably is aware of that too. Could see something in that to be honest, he would only cost a few million and Everton should have a very good keeper for a couple of years at least to allow them to scour the market fully for a decent young keeper, and assess the ones in their academy. Also, Pantilimon is doing very good for Sunderland and likewise would only cost a few million. To be honest, I do not think finding a keeper to play at the level of Everton is particularly difficult. It's only really at Champions League level where the difference between someone like Adrian and Cech or Begovic and Courtois becomes much more important.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
You just don't go from being brilliant to shite within 8 months though
You're right, but when you're 35, even for a keeper, time is running out for you to turn that around and a club like Everton is not going to be willing to wait that long for a player coming to the end of their career anyway to regain their form.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
35 is not a terrible age for a keeper, many keepers are really at their peak at that age, and many go on to play at a reasonable level till 40

Vids, schmikes, seaman to name just a few

But I haven't watched much of Everton this year so can't comment on Howard