Time For a Statement From The Board?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Of what? Would you honestly feel better if you got some boiler plate statement of how he "retains their full support" and they are "sure that results will improve over the remainder of the season"?
I'd like to know what the club see in Moyes, because it's clearly something I don't see.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Think the 6 year contract says it all really ....
What annual salary does Moyes get and how much compensation will you have to pay if he's sacked? Are there available figures?

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
I see this place is in full on hysteria mode since last night.

Don't think the board has anything but backing for Moyes. Things will get better in time so we have to ride it through. What amazes me is the amount asking for Moyes head any yet they're the first to comment on Chelsea swapping managers so much - once you're on that roundabout it's difficult to get off.
We talk about changing managers as if its a disgrace, so what if Chelsea swap managers often, so does Barca and Madrid and many other clubs i cant see whats so wrong about that, a clubs goal is to manage to always compete with the best or be the best. We kept SAF for 20 years because he was an amazing manager if he wasnt we wouldn't have, what exactly is the "The United way" and what is so wrong with not having one manager for 20 years as long as the club keeps on winning trophies?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Again I agree, if there going to sack him it will be done behind closed doors and a statement will be released about mutual agreement. If there going to back him they will do it in the summer transfer market. Either way we will know come the summer.
as a plc the board also somewhat have their hands tied making any statement because of the potential fluctuation in the share price - particularly if they say one thing then do the other

KiD MoYeS

So basically no matter what they'd say you'd disagree with anyway?
Not at all? They could help bring something to light? He could be doing anything behind the scenes that the club have acknowledged and admire.

Revan

Assumptionman
What annual salary does Moyes get and how much compensation will you have to pay if he's sacked? Are there available figures?
If I am not mistaken he is on 5.7m for year (seventh highest paid football manager in the world).

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Statements are pointless. The first statement the press get should be when he is sacked - up until that point it should be implicit that he has the support of the board.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not at all? They could help bring something to light? He could be doing anything behind the scenes that the club have acknowledged and admire.
Well if he wasn't, he wouldn't have anything to substantiate his stay right? I think it's reasonable to assume that behind the scenes he is doing well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I do want to know what Moyes' plan is, if he has one. A statement in general will do no good though.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why we're persisting with him, for one. What the club sees in Moyes.
It was all said last year when he was appointed. Why repeat themselves? Giving explanations for why the manager is there? Really? The only time you should expect explanations from the Board on managers is when they are signed, or when they are sacked.

We've been lucky to have the same manager for 26 years, but surely you noticed how this "board talking about the manager" malarkey usually works out elsewhere?

KiD MoYeS

The club sees what they saw when he was appointed. Do you really, with all this discussion not know why he was appointed?
I do. But surely the board didn't envision it being this bad? Surely some second thoughts are kicking in. Why are we going to persist with Moyes? What has he done to justify more patience?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Statement. :lol:

We aren't Liverpool FFS. Next people will be wanting the board members to wear a "Moyes out" t-shirt.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If I am not mistaken he is on 5.7m for year (seventh highest paid football manager in the world).
I'm not very up on the way these things work .... so does it mean he'd get 5 x 5.7m (£28.5m) if sacked in the summer?

Brophs

The One and Only
I can't imagine what they could tell you that he's doing behind the scenes that would convince you that what you're seeing - or can't see, as you put it - is either not as important as you thought, or on the way to being fixed. Statements are easy. You just say that he's a talented manager, retains the full back of etc..

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
potentially 5.5 times that if he is sacked then

£31.35m... we could have another fellaini for that!

though in truth one would hope there are clauses to allow for early termination but I suspect a years salary would be the minimum we would have to pay

Cina

I'd struggle to explain he wasn't shite. Any potential redeeming qualities require a bit of context and an appreciation they wouldn't have.
Yeah, sort of this. I know he's not shite, but a lot of what he's done has been shite so far, maybe he's just a slow learner? Maybe time will fix things? Or maybe those aliens don't believe that time is a viable excuse and will zap him to death.

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm not very up on the way these things work .... so does it mean he'd get 5 x 5.7m (£28.5m) if sacked in the summer?
If there isn't any clause in the contract (that allows the sack) then likely yes.

KiD MoYeS

I'm extremely fearful for the direction Moyes is taking us. I just hope the board know what they're doing. I also don't think it's too unreasonable to want some communication between the hierarchy and fans during this period of absolute dog shit.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I do. But surely the board didn't envision it being this bad? Surely some second thoughts are kicking in. Why are we going to persist with Moyes? What has he done to justify more patience?
So whenever the club are having second thoughts on any decision, they need to inform you?

All your other questions are the same. Maybe from within the club, the cataclysmic change is seen as mitigation for some of the poor form, and the balance is not enough to axe the manager.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
as a plc the board also somewhat have their hands tied making any statement because of the potential fluctuation in the share price - particularly if they say one thing then do the other
Fair point, they can't be your average spastic board saying one thing today and another after the next game.

Brophs

The One and Only
Very few contracts are now written that way, as I understand it. Most of them contain either break/compensation clauses with a set fee/scale, or a clause that says he only gets paid full whack until he starts working again, at which point it's either reduced or stopped entirely.

If he goes I'd guess he'll get a year or two of salary and a few nice paperweights.

Getsme

Good point.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
If the board came out and backed him it would just increase the pressure on him because it'd mean they felt he was doing badly enough to need them to come out and back him. Votes of confidence are stupid, either sack him or back him. The worst thing we can do is keep him but not give him money in the summer, thankfully it seems that won't be the case.