Time For a Statement From The Board?

Rednotdead

I think it's got to that stage.

I feel the Board needs to state its position one way or the other, either sack Moyes or back him unequivocally. I'd prefer the latter but I would support them whichever way they went. Our great club is currently a laughing stock and I feel our fans need a clear message from the Board. In the absence of that clear message the bickering that is going on between those who want Moyes out immediately and those who are prepared to give him time will only intensify and that is in no one's interests.

I also feel a clear statement from Moyes (assuming he is to continue) at the same time regarding his plans in general for player recruitment and future playing formation etc. would assist fans in understanding what he's trying to achieve.

Do you agree it's time for the above?

NB - Please don't post if you're simply going to say you want Moyes out, there are enough threads for that.

Hal9000

Think the 6 year contract says it all really.

I don't think iv'e seen one media outlet suggesting he's about to be sacked... so why come out and say otherwise.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Sir Alex commented a few weeks ago in an interview that there's no chance we change managers, I think it's safe to claim we have at least another year if not more of this to endure yet regardless even if Newcastle and Southampton overtake us, which looks more likely with the immediate games comming up than us catching Spuds or Everton and climbing upwards.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Because it's a ridiculous idea. If they want to sack him then they should. If they don't, they should shut the feck up. "Full support" statements provide anything but full support: more uncertainty, more media scrutiny, more scope for player unrest. It's a stupid idea.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
The unknown here is the true extent of worry regarding the club's finances were we to miss out on all European competition, budgeting to just miss out and finish fifth may not be seen in the same light as seventh or eighth.

Requesting both vast quantities of money and additional time should take on the air of a job interview for Moyes, for there are adequate grounds for them to question his suitability for the role at this point.

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
I see this place is in full on hysteria mode since last night.

Don't think the board has anything but backing for Moyes. Things will get better in time so we have to ride it through. What amazes me is the amount asking for Moyes head any yet they're the first to comment on Chelsea swapping managers so much - once you're on that roundabout it's difficult to get off.

Robbie Boy

I think the fact they have made no statement is statement enough in itself that Moyes is perfectly safe for now anyway.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.

Don't think the board has anything but backing for Moyes. Things will get better in time so we have to ride it through. What amazes me is the amount asking for Moyes head any yet they're the first to comment on Chelsea swapping managers so much - once you're on that roundabout it's difficult to get off.
:lol: I know.

Rednotdead

Because it's a ridiculous idea. If they want to sack him then they should. If they don't, they should shut the feck up. "Full support" statements provide anything but full support: more uncertainty, more media scrutiny, more scope for player unrest. It's a stupid idea.
We'll just agree to disagree on that one then.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

Moyes' performance is probably poorer than anything any of Chelsea's sacked managers have managed.

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
There's no need for any sort of official statement as long as their stance hasn't changed. What should the statement say anyway? "We support our manager"? That's a given really, otherwise they should fire him.

That's what I think as well.

SiRed

I have been right behind Moyes all season and have spent a lot of time in the Newbie section of this forum trying to defend him and would continue to do so. However, when the full time whistle blew yesterday i had a sneaky feeling that i would be waking up to some news about a sacking this morning.
Im glad that it was just a feeling and hasnt happened.

Is anyone aware of how much contact Moyes has with the Glazer's? I was wondering if they had Monthly meetings to discuss performance ect. If so it would be good to be a fly on the wall.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't think the board have any obligation to do so. Until they sack him then it should be assumed nothing has changed.

Varun

Staff
Yeah, this.

No statements required. Whatever their plan is, should remain private. No need to feed the media or the fans news they dont need.

Rednotdead

Good, that's what I wanted to establish. If it's generally accepted that he's here for the medium term at least why are there so many people on here calling for his head immediately when they know it's not going to happen?

soapythecat

I don't know why we are even discussing all this. It's never going to happen - maybe at a smaller club, but when so much relies upon the financial markets and identity, to come and and publically say we are up siht creak is highly unlikely.
I've said it before, the only way fans can make a statement is at the games.
Get the Chosen one banner down and stop singing his name. We can still support the team without having to make ourselves look stupid by publically backing an inept manager.
Crickey, even city have got a banner with Moyes on - that isn't small time, it's acknowleding that he has put the club into a downward spiral.
Even pictures and jokes of him on social media from other supporters has dies down, becuase they realise United are no longer a threat or worthy of banter.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Nothing will happen now, in the eyes of the board this was always going to be a difficult one.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
His comments about the players being mentally week is an insult to the players,SAF and the club. Mentally weak players should never be at Manchester United. The board does not need to make a statement, it needs to prepare a P45.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
If the Board come out and say they are backing them all it will do is lead to many articles claiming that he actually is in trouble supported by a long list of managers who got "votes of confidence" from the board only to get the ax shortly afterwards.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
His comments about the players being mentally week is an insult to the players,SAF and the club. Mentally weak players should never be at Manchester United. The board does not need to make a statement, it needs to prepare a P45.

But can you deny that time and again this season players have seem to have gone asleep during games leading to goals? Sorry but we can all see the mental lapses out there, I am sure the players can also, so no sense avoiding the issue.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What he said. The matchgoing fans are behind the manager. Our bitching on Redcafe is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Member 39557

I can see your point, although it's fair to say that Chelsea swap their managers despite earning top 4 places and/or winning trophies. If Chelsea suffered as dramatic a slump as United are currently enduring, I don't think you'd see many complaints about Chelsea offloading managers.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
He's going nowhere. And the club will not make a statement either. The club only intervenes when they want to sack the manager, not applicable in our case.

Besides I think the club is taking the right position of waiting for the season to end first before even assessing his position in the club.

Cina

I'm bemused as to what people expect them to say. If they come out and say "we back him 100%" the general response from the fans will probably be "that's the act of a desperate board trying to cover for their mistakes" or something. I don't see any benefits to them saying anything, really.

Getsme

I can see your point, although it's fair to say that Chelsea swap their managers despite earning top 4 places and/or winning trophies. If Chelsea suffered as dramatic a slump as United are currently enduring, I don't think you'd see many complaints about Chelsea offloading managers.
100%, the comparisons are way off the mark.
If doesn't matter if you're in the Moyes in or out camp, we have to start looking at the situation in its own right. It's a unique situation we find ourselves in, it can't be and shouldn't be compared to anything else.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I wouldn't mind a statement to be honest. Some sort of explanation.
Just like we wanted an explanation on Summer transfers so we could end up spending the next six months pointing at it and laughing at them? What is there to explain here?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Just like we wanted an explanation on Summer transfers so we could end up spending the next six months pointing at it and laughing at them? What is there to explain here?
Why we're persisting with him, for one. What the club sees in Moyes.

Brophs

The One and Only
I wouldn't mind a statement to be honest. Some sort of explanation.
Of what? Would you honestly feel better if you got some boiler plate statement of how he "retains their full support" and they are "sure that results will improve over the remainder of the season"?

Getsme

I'm bemused as to what people expect them to say. If they come out and say "we back him 100%" the general response from the fans will probably be "that's the act of a desperate board trying to cover for their mistakes" or something. I don't see any benefits to them saying anything, really.
Again I agree, if there going to sack him it will be done behind closed doors and a statement will be released about mutual agreement. If there going to back him they will do it in the summer transfer market. Either way we will know come the summer.