Tinkerman Ole

FatherWolff

i never mentioned Lindelof?

Managing Greenwood properly does not remove the fact that any of Pogba, VDB or Cavani should be starting over James who barely looks good enough to be playing Premier league football.
Why I called it a side note. A few did. Not sure he will be playing for us much longer. And good call on Ole showing the hierarchy why. After all, he took his chance against Leeds, and although not playing well today, not at fault for us dropping points.

But I’m happy Greenwood getting time. Bold and smart move! It was identical last season, if you remember.

Foxbatt

i never mentioned Lindelof?

Managing Greenwood properly does not remove the fact that any of Pogba, VDB or Cavani should be starting over James who barely looks good enough to be playing Premier league football.
I agree with you on this. It is as if Ole is infallible and never makes a mistake according to some people here.

Mickson

Probably because Greenwood is being very well managed. Strong breakthrough, some dip in form and some personal incidents, getting the time and space to mature in his own tempo.
If anything, I think Ole deserves a lot of credit for this.

And on a side note. Lindelof used to play right back..
When?

FatherWolff

What do you mean? The times Jose used him there? Or that he was right back up to he was 20 or something? He spoke about it when he joined Utd.. Can play cdm, right back and central defender.

Mickson

What do you mean? The times Jose used him there? Or that he was right back up to he was 20 or something? He spoke about it when he joined Utd.. Can play cdm, right back and central defender.
He has played five times as an RB for United, including yesterday. 19 times in his senior career. I wouldn't say "he used to play right back". The last season he made over two appearances as an RB was like eight years ago and it was all in the Portuguese second division.

Foxbatt

He has played five times as an RB for United, including yesterday. 19 times in his senior career. I wouldn't say "he used to play right back". The last season he made over two appearances as an RB was like eight years ago and it was all in the Portuguese second division.
Does this five times include playing on the right side in a 3 man defence or simply as RB in a 4 man defence?

FatherWolff

Well, he says so himself. And I know he used to play right back in his national team in the under 20’s. So it’s not like it’s new to him.
Does this five times include playing on the right side in a 3 man defence or simply as RB in a 4 man defence?
Probably not. And probably not the fact that he played right back through his youth and national career up til senior either. But here is what he said back then himself. If it was a good choice playing him there is another question. But it is his former natural position.
https://www.manutd.com/en/amp/news/detail/victor-lindelof-discusses-his-best-position-and-style

Teja

Honestly. 4-0 up, and we apparently can't afford to drop Bruno to the bench.
?

Not having any competitive football isn't the greatest thing fitness wise either. Probably 45 min today and save him for the weekend.