Tinkerman Ole

The Red Thinker

He tinkers a lot. Tries to make us unpredictable. Which has its downside where we don’t have a fixed system and it take so layers longer to adjust to all systems. The upside? We can do one like against Leeds, where Bielsa wasn’t expecting McTominay to be a box to box.

Chief123

He tinkers a lot. Tries to make us unpredictable. Which has its downside where we don’t have a fixed system and it take so layers longer to adjust to all systems. The upside? We can do one like against Leeds, where Bielsa wasn’t expecting McTominay to be a box to box.
We can’t really complain when we’ve been the best team in the league for the last 11 months or so since Bruno arrived.

If we win today we match City’s premier league record of 11 consecutive away wins.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
I've developed a trust for Ole tactically, he seems to always set us up with the right system and when we don't win alot of the time its the players letting us down. We always create chances nowadays.

Fluctuation0161

This thread is ridiculous in the context of fixture congestion exacerbated by covid. Any manager needs to rotate. Squad depth is even more important than ever

If anything, Bruno needs a rest!

Eriku

Fergie was often criticised for making a lot of changes. Under Ole we’ve often looked disjointed when we’ve done that, but the Everton match was hopefully a sign of things to come, because we looked pretty damn comfortable in that match.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
This thread is ridiculous in the context of fixture congestion exacerbated by covid. Any manager needs to rotate. Squad depth is even more important than ever

If anything, Bruno needs a rest!
Exactly! Now is not the time to criticise Ole.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Why the feck did James start today over Greenwood???

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Caused a problem today.

Alot of the players seemed not to know how to play the tactics compared to the more traditional 4231 they have been playing for a whilst.

PoTMS

Play your best striker ffs. And if you're gonna start him from the bench, give him at least longer than 15 minutes. How hard is that?

Judas

Open to offers
Should have started Greenwood instead of James probably, but I don't blame him for not starting Cavani after playing 90 minutes a few days ago. That's just logical.

thepolice123

Caused a problem today.

Alot of the players seemed not to know how to play the tactics compared to the more traditional 4231 they have been playing for a whilst.
Switched from the usual 4-2-3-1 to something like a 4-4-2/4-3-1-2 diamond with Pogba on exact same left-ish midfield role that VDB struggled in against Everton. Cavani and Bruno combined perfectly for the goal but we really struggled to create anything after the subs.

always_hoping

One change and it was because of injury from the Leeds game. Ole likes to tinker but in hindsight he didn't do enough of it today.

macheda14

James was the only mistake.
I think linedelof at right back was a bit odd as well, they got in behind him a fair few times even though it ended up doing nothing. However he did say recently he’s been playing with an injury so I don’t know why we don’t just give him a rest.

Sylar

We rotated, were winning twice and winning with 5 minutes to go. Our players should have been fresh enough to see the game out

Bebestation

Will we ever see a first half or half time sub from him that's not an injury?

That is a bit irritating - for all the chopping and changing of his formations he hardly makes a change off his mind too quickly.

Maybe its because formations/tactics are too strict than we think? Maybe maybe not. Still wish it would one day change.

Tarrou

Will we ever see a first half or half time sub from him that's not an injury?

That is a bit irritating - for all the chopping and changing of his formations he hardly makes a change off his mind too quickly.

Maybe its because formations/tactics are too strict than we think? Maybe maybe not. Still wish it would one day change.
we made a sub at HT twice this month

Bebestation

we made a sub at HT twice this month
That's good then, would you say he adapts to the situation of the game a bit better and early as he could?

I felt James for example was obviously a problem way too early.

littleman

Let's not forget Ole made the decision to NOT sub off Fred at HT at PSG.

He's not some genius, he screwed up really badly then and is compensating now.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The decision to go with a right side of Dan James & Lindelof looked a baffling one on paper & really didn’t work at all. Not sure what his thinking was there.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It’s not as if Tuanzebe was much of an upgrade, so the Lindelöf choice was fine in my book.
Lindelof has supposedly been playing with a back injury for a while now, not sure why we rather play him out of position than to give him a rest.

What happened to Williams? Thought he would have been an obvious choice to start there if AWB is out.

Eriku

Lindelof has supposedly been playing with a back injury for a while now, not sure why we rather play him out of position than to give him a rest.

What happened to Williams? Thought he would have been an obvious choice to start there if AWB is out.
Fair point the first one. Might be because we’re playing the 2nd place team away from home, and so we’d want to use players that have been matched recently. Who knows.

All I’m saying is we didn’t see our right side look any better once Tuanzebe was introduced for Lindelöf.

For all his failings, AWB is easily our best option at right back and we missed him today.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Williams isn’t up to it in the PL. I think Ole has realised that & taken him out of the squad. He’ll probably get a loan.

Foxbatt

Squad rotation is good for resting players but not for tinkering in must win games. It's baffling to see Lindelof at RB. Bailly has played at RB before and I think before he came to United. He will probably would be a lot better at going forward too on the right side.

FatherWolff

Why the feck did James start today over Greenwood???
Probably because Greenwood is being very well managed. Strong breakthrough, some dip in form and some personal incidents, getting the time and space to mature in his own tempo.
If anything, I think Ole deserves a lot of credit for this.

And on a side note. Lindelof used to play right back..

Bebestation

William's was always better than James for me as a general player.

James plays like a rabbit in headlights

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Probably because Greenwood is being very well managed. Strong breakthrough, some dip in form and some personal incidents, getting the time and space to mature in his own tempo.
If anything, I think Ole deserves a lot of credit for this.

And on a side note. Lindelof used to play right back..
i never mentioned Lindelof?

Managing Greenwood properly does not remove the fact that any of Pogba, VDB or Cavani should be starting over James who barely looks good enough to be playing Premier league football.