Title Race 22/23

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I definitely see City dropping points. They'll not be fully concentrating on the match and Goodison has never been easy for them. Think they'd take the draw.
Why would we take a draw against a team sat in 17th place? We could absolutely go and drop points there but I think even the most pessimistic City fans would say no to a draw if you offered it now.

wr8_utd

:'(
Why would we take a draw against a team sat in 17th place? We could absolutely go and drop points there but I think even the most pessimistic City fans would say no to a draw if you offered it now.
I think a lot of it depends on how the first leg vs Madrid goes to be honest. If you're in a position where you need your first teamers to be fresh for the second leg and you rest a lot of players, a draw at Goodison, which has never been the easiest of grounds for City, wouldn't be the worst result.

Fts 74

City won't throw it away from here.What are tricky games for the rest of us, City usually smash them 4 or 5 nil.
Although I'd love to see them blow it if only to see Peps reaction!

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
City won't throw it away from here.What are tricky games for the rest of us, City usually smash them 4 or 5 nil.
I think that Everton games become a bit harder though. On the back of their win today they’ll have gained confidence. Plus city have 2 games against Madrid to think about. Saying that though, city usually Spank them.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Top four is settled. There is no way united are losing to Wolves or even dropping points.

Tyrion

Normally it's the champions league he self-sabotages in. I agree. I think they'll win every league game and the FA final. Real is the only possible hurdle but only because Pep might go down a rabbit hole and play KDB as a left back or something mental.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Race is over but momentum moves in unmysterious ways. If City drop points against Everton, then Chelsea and Brighton within four days of each other are not a six-point banker and Brentford away on the final day also becomes a banana peel.

At the very least it would be nice to see them go into the FA Cup final showing some, any vulnerability.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
I have a sneaky feeling they might slip in the title race and lose out to Arsenal but still win the CL. Just because everyone thinks they've got the title in the bag. Winning a treble that includes the first ever European Cup that your club has ever won is not a common occurrence and I don't think it has ever happened in the Champions League era. I could be wrong but I don't recall it happening. I suppose when United won the treble they hadn't won Ol' Big Ears for 30 years but it still wasn't the absolute first time.

And obviously Yaya has lifted his CL curse so there's that :lol:

lex talionis

While City and Arsenal sprint to the finish for the PL, this is what's going on at Old Trafford right now:

YOUR CHANCE TO WIN WITH DHL

ENTER A WORLD UNITED NOW TO WIN A MAN UTD SHOPPING SPREE

Are you looking for a new look to show your support for The Reds? DHL are giving you the opportunity to win the ultimate Man Utd wardrobe.
Simply click on the button below to be in with a chance to select a variety of goodies from the Official United Direct online store and be kitted out in the latest supporter merchandise.​

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
If Arsenal heroically draw with City the max number of points they can gain is 93. That doesn't even register a '2' on the Richter scale for Pep.

This has been one of the easier, more relaxed, PL campaigns for Pep over the last seven years.
My post from mid April. I think both Pep and I knew* this was the right season to focus elsewhere and still walk the league in 2nd gear.

i.e, Klopp's caffeine cycle dip, sell Sterling and Jesus, bed in Haaland, focus on CL, etc.

Yakuza_devils

City is in 2nd gear all season and won the league comfortably. When push come to shore they could even finish more than 100 pts like their season vs Liverpool.

In the summer, they have another 200 to 300M to sign player and Pep is staying. Next season will be more difficult.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Eight point lead seven matches before and won only two from those seven in title race. That's nothing new to arsenal and arteta. Last season they bottled top 4 in same manner to spurs if I am right. Inexperience main reason.

May be next season if they continue to develop they will challenge bit more maturely in my opinion.