Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

SirAnderson

The transfer window is for when you can register a player, you can sign a player literally anytime.
We can MUPPET every day of the YEAR!! FFS Woody! :mad:
Tbf it doesn't happen that way cause it doesn't make sense. It has the Pellegrini effect, when you tell people you leaving before you finish you job, it blows up in your face. In Timo's case, its a weird time, so more palatable and its been on the cards for weeks if not months already.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Good signing at that price this day and age. It seems that they are getting their business done early which is also a good idea especially given the disruption caused by coronavirus and how it has impacted on the season/pre season.

Thought Werner was nailed on for Liverpool (and seems that's where he wanted to go) so wonder what happened. If it's really the money that's been an issue Liverpool are going to struggle..
Delighted he hasn't gone to Liverpool.
Very good business for Chelsea. Good player at an even better price.
But United still have a better squad.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He will never be a prolific scorer , but rather excels in creating a lot of space, movement and clever combinations. Good thing he didn't go for City because I think he would fit their playing style like a glove.

Hansinity

Supports
Bayern Munich
He will never be a prolific scorer , but rather excels in creating a lot of space, movement and clever combinations. Good thing he didn't go for City because I think he would fit their playing style like a glove.
Not a profilic scorer ?He is/will be a scoring machine.

Fantastic signing for Chelsea.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I personally feel like people should stop comparing him to Torres, Scheva, Morata etc. Those players are all outright, classic #9's who play on their own up top.

I predict that we will very rarely see Werner as the lone striker unless there's an injury crisis. I think he will be deployed like Poch used Son at Spurs. A left sided forward with super pace and high workrate. Tammy or Giroud ahead of him as the target man.

Devil may care

The transfer window is for when you can register a player, you can sign a player literally anytime.
Gotcha, just seems odd for such a big transfer to be announced while there are still games to play, or is the Bundesliga finished?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I'm sorry what now?
Don't bother, mate. I had this argument with them a couple of weeks ago. After complaining for about 80% of the season about how shocking their squad is, ever since Fernandes came in they now have a team of monsters.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Not a profilic scorer ?He is/will be a scoring machine.

Fantastic signing for Chelsea.
He is a fantastic signing: he's one of my favorite strikers atm mainly because he adds much more than just scoring goals. But bare in mind he is doing one of his best seasons this year, he usually has lower scoring numbers.
But he's such an intelligent player, with his cleaver movement, creativity and quick thinking. I really enjoy watching him play.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Delighted he hasn't gone to Liverpool.
Very good business for Chelsea. Good player at an even better price.
But United still have a better squad.
21 21 19 32 his last 4 seasons at leibzig. Not prolific?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Gotcha, just seems odd for such a big transfer to be announced while there are still games to play, or is the Bundesliga finished?
2 matches to go, but the situation was somewhat complicated by a release clause in Werner's contract that had an expiry date (reported in some places as being 15 June, in others as 15 July), so Chelsea pushed for the deal early to avoid having to negotiate with Leipzig. Also apparently Werner was all but signed by Bayern to the point where he said goodbye to his teammates only for them to pull out at the eleventh hour, so his stated preference was to tie up any deal quickly. Suspect he wants to settle in and hit the ground running - this is likely why he is electing to sit out the remainder of the CL so as to link up with Chelsea ASAP.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He is a fantastic signing: he's one of my favorite strikers atm mainly because he adds much more than just scoring goals. But bare in mind he is doing one of his best seasons this year, he usually has lower scoring numbers.
But he's such an intelligent player, with his cleaver movement, creativity and quick thinking. I really enjoy watching him play.
I mean he's only just turned 24 - one would expect his scoring numbers to rise as he matures. I'm not expecting 32 goals next year but suggesting this is an outlier from his career trajectory seems a bold claim.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
DDG
AWB-Maguire-Rudiger-Azpi/Shaw?
Kante-Kovacic
Ziyech-Bruno-Werner
Rashford

Pretty even I'd reckon.
No chance Pogba doesn’t get in too :lol:. Also martial walks in over both Werner and Ziyech. If we get Sancho it gets even more uneven to be honest.

TrustInJanuzaj

Yet we're behind them
Yet we have beat them on every occasion this season. We have had shocking injuries this year (everyone conveniently forgets) and to top it off I think we will finish above them anyway.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This will probably make me look very stupid in the future but I don’t think Werner gets into Liverpool’s starting eleven anyway.

Ekeke

Yet we have beat them on every occasion this season. We have had shocking injuries this year (everyone conveniently forgets) and to top it off I think we will finish above them anyway.
Who cares who won head to head if we finish behind them? They had a transfer ban! Our time taking advantage of that is over.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yet we have beat them on every occasion this season.
Because your system suits playing teams better than you, especially possession based ones. That's why you've done well against us and City but are at the same time quickly becoming a routine three points for the worst Arsenal side for decades.

We have had shocking injuries this year (everyone conveniently forgets)
So have we

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
How on earth is Kovacic getting the nod ahead of Fred/Pogba/Mctominay? And Ziyech/Werner havent even played 1 minute of premier league football.
Fred and McTominay :lol: I've heard it all now.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
No chance Pogba doesn’t get in too :lol:. Also martial walks in over both Werner and Ziyech. If we get Sancho it gets even more uneven to be honest.
Martial over Werner and Ziyech is an absurd proposition. I know he's your player and you like him a lot but this is ridiculous. His best tally for league goals in a season is 11; Werner has bettered that 4 times (and managed 26 this year playing mostly in the same position as an inside left forward). Ziyech has bettered that twice whilst providing about 4 times as many assists.

How on earth is Kovacic getting the nod ahead of Fred/Pogba/Mctominay? And Ziyech/Werner havent even played 1 minute of premier league football.
Kovacic has been Chelsea's best player this season and is frankly miles better than Fred or McT. Pogba is up for debate but given he hasn't played in ages and is a more awkward fit in a 2 man midfield I don't think it's absurd to say Kova edges it.

Also yes, Ziyech and Werner haven't played in the PL but these are top class players experienced at the highest levels of the Bundesliga & the CL - it's not like the competition in wide areas is comprised of world beaters among these two teams right now.

TrustInJanuzaj

Because your system suits playing teams better than you, especially possession based ones. That's why you've done well against us and City but are at the same time quickly becoming a routine three points for the worst Arsenal side for decades.

So have we
I don’t think it’s that comparable. Pogba is our best player and had missed an entire season. Rashford has missed loads of time too after being one of the top form players in the league. None of Chelsea’s injuries come close in scale or magnitude of the player out.

Ekeke

Kovacic is easily better than Fred, hemakes more tackles whilst not being beaten more often than he makes a tackle like Fred. Makes more dribbles, just as good a passer and covering ground. He's the fancy version.

I'd take Kovacic over Pogba in the DM role because Pogba says himself that he isnt the best at defending for the team. In a normal CM role without that defensive responsibility I'd take Pogba

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The same Fred that absolutely dominated Kovacic this season...
When was that exactly? You took your chances when it counted so fair enough you deserved the win but let's not pretend you dominated the whole 90 minutes.

I don’t think it’s that comparable. Pogba is our best player.
Doesn't always work out in practice the way it does on paper. When we went on a huge run with Kante people thought his return was going to notch us up a further gear but it did the exact opposite.

cyberman

So have we
Whats our system? I cant think of a counter attacking goal we scored v you or City all season and thats 6 victories to look back on.
We have powerful, pacey forwards up top. Thats just the calibre of players we have.

TrustInJanuzaj

Martial over Werner and Ziyech is an absurd proposition. I know he's your player and you like him a lot but this is ridiculous. His best tally for league goals in a season is 11; Werner has bettered that 4 times (and managed 26 this year playing mostly in the same position as an inside left forward). Ziyech has bettered that twice whilst providing about 4 times as many assists.

Both have played in garbage leagues. Particularly Ziyech, he’s proven absolutely nothing and it speaks volumes that no one even fought to try and sign him for years. Martial would rip it up playing in Germany or Holland, it’s not even a debate.

Martial has played in a poor Utd team for most of this season which has been hugely disrupted by injuries to our best players. It’s not easy playing as a lone forward in front of Lingard and Pereira. Now that Fernandes has arrived he’s been scoring at a good rate and if you add pogba into the mix Martial is a shoe in to finish the season really strongly.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Kovacic is easily better than Fred, hemakes more tackles whilst not being beaten more often than he makes a tackle like Fred. Makes more dribbles, just as good a passer and covering ground. He's the fancy version.

I'd take Kovacic over Pogba in the DM role because Pogba says himself that he isnt the best at defending for the team. In a normal CM role without that defensive responsibility I'd take Pogba
Agreed - Kovacic is the better of the two in a double pivot, Pogba is the one you want in a 3 man midfield when he has license to push forward more.

TrustInJanuzaj

The ref not sending off Maguire had a far bigger influence on the outcome of the game than Fred did
Wasn’t a red but okay... I distinctly remember Fred winning every battle against Kovacic all game so I don’t think he didn’t play his part. Fact is we have rolled you over all season which speaks volume of the difference in quality between the teams. Utd have just suffered heavily through injury which has caused creative issues and increased our inconsistency.

TrustInJanuzaj

Kovacic was better than Fred despite being on the team playing worse twice. Fred didnt even play in the opener when we beat them 4-0

Nah I remember the game clearly. Fred was the better player in that last game against Chelsea. Kovacic is the prime example of people falling for a played with bc pretty and nice dribbles but outside of that he’s pretty average.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Whats our system? I cant think of a counter attacking goal we scored v you or City all season and thats 6 victories to look back on.
We have powerful, pacey forwards up top. Thats just the calibre of players we have.
Your three second half goals against us at OT came from counters. The second we got dispossessed on the edge our box about 20 seconds before the goal, the 3rd Pulisic got dispossessed and Pogba put Rashford clean through and the 4th was similar to the second.

I wasn't strictly talking about counters per se anyway, more the space in behind, teams that play possession based highline are always susceptible to that, especially ones like ours that are still in the formative stage of building that style. Whereas Arsenal by comparison haven't really cared about opening up against you and you find it a lot harder.

AlexUTD

Fred and McTominay :lol: I've heard it all now.
Okay maybe we can discuss Mctominator but Fred has been one of the best and consistant midfielders in the league this year so for you to brush him off that easily really ticks me off. Kovacic does not even reach Pogba`s ankles.

Kovacic has been Chelsea's best player this season and is frankly miles better than Fred or McT. Pogba is up for debate but given he hasn't played in ages and is a more awkward fit in a 2 man midfield I don't think it's absurd to say Kova edges it.

Also yes, Ziyech and Werner haven't played in the PL but these are top class players experienced at the highest levels of the Bundesliga & the CL - it's not like the competition in wide areas is comprised of world beaters among these two teams right now.
How can you rate players that have not played for Chelsea yet? Maybe they dont fit the playstyle? Both Chelsea and United have had class players that joined that did not work out like we thought: Torres,Schevachenko,Mutu,Sanchez,Veron,Falcao on top of my head.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Both have played in garbage leagues. Particularly Ziyech, he’s proven absolutely nothing and it speaks volumes that no one even fought to try and sign him for years.
The Bundesliga is a garbage league, yet Sancho is some sort of saviour who'd walk it in England? Pick a side there, mate.

Ziyech was nearly bought by Bayern last summer but Ajax declined to sell him at the last minute given they were losing FdJ and MdL - this is why he resigned with a gentleman's agreement to be allowed to leave should an offer come in over a certain value. But I suppose Bayern aren't a top team because they're in a garbage league?

Martial would rip it up playing in Germany or Holland, it’s not even a debate.
Of course it's a debate, it's not as though he's "ripped it up" in continental play against sides from those nations. What a ludicrous argument.

Martial has played in a poor Utd team for most of this season which has been hugely disrupted by injuries to our best players. It’s not easy playing as a lone forward in front of Lingard and Pereira. Now that Fernandes has arrived he’s been scoring at a good rate and if you add pogba into the mix Martial is a shoe in to finish the season really strongly.
So that's your array of excuses for this season; how about the last few where his production is dwarfed by that of Ziyech and Werner?