Toaster Toes Timo Werner | Tottenham Player

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Someone should brainwash him into thinking every chance he gets is offside.

How does he ruthlessly finish a chance every time he's a millimetre offside but can't hit a barn door when he isn't.

Last edited:

Boavista

How many penalties has he won this season? One today and could have had another, although I'm not sure about that first one.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He is an expert diver. One of his main skills.
Tonnes of pace. Seems to get in positions for 5 good chances per game. Can't finish for toffee. Top diver.

I've thought it before, but he really is just the white Raheem Sterling, isn't he?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Tonnes of pace. Seems to get in positions for 5 good chances per game. Can't finish for toffee. Top diver.

I've thought it before, but he really is just the white Raheem Sterling, isn't he?
He's a worse dribbler but in general, yes, it is not a totally wrong comparison. Especially in front of goal he and Sterling have much in common.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Hmm. Not a bad thought, but I can't fully support that equivalence.
Sterling is more of a dribbler, far better in tight spaces, while Werner's a runner, more instrumental and efficient in his team play.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Still laughing at this celebration :lol:

V.O.

Still laughing at this celebration :lol:

Had to almost admire the fecking front on him to give it the big 'un after swatting it in with all of his hand and most of his forearm in the age of VAR. :lol:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Had to almost admire the fecking front on him to give it the big 'un after swatting it in with all of his hand and most of his forearm in the age of VAR. :lol:
I kind of respect it in a way :lol:

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He went for the old "It's not a lie if you believe it" tactic. Commit fully and hope the ref falls for it. Maradona didn't half-ass his celebration after the hand of God!

This is the best/worst example ever...

Dan_F

Has someone actually put a hex on him. Obviously the handball was a poor header, but he just seems to be unlucky in every single game. But I’d agree with the Chelsea fan above, he still seems to contribute a lot, which is a good sign for next season (for him)

V.O.

He went for the old "It's not a lie if you believe it" tactic. Commit fully and hope the ref falls for it. Maradona didn't half-ass his celebration after the hand of God!

This is the best/worst example ever...
Can't believe the sniper that got Taylor is still on the run after all these years. :(

It's not just that he's trying to con the ref, that's of course been done to death, it's that he's doing it when he knows 15 replays from 7 different angles are going to be looked at!

I don't think Maradona would have bothered if he had to con the camera as well. :lol:

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
He is pure chaos and not in a good way
I think it's in a good way actually. He is a nuisance and menace to defenders even if he does not have the ball. He pretty much makes us a dangerous side.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's got a worse minutes/goal ratio than Martial this season and we all know how shit Martial's been.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's effectively a modern CF in the fact that they're there mainly to make runs and press defenders, but not actually score that many.

His goal record is very poor but at the same time Chelsea look better with him in the team.

If he starts getting his goal scoring touch back though he could easily hit 20 next year with his work rate and speed.

He's pretty much a German Jamie Vardy without the finishing at present.

MU655

Must be so easy to referee - you know if Werner scores a goal he has broken some sort of rule.

14 disallowed goals this season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Must be so easy to referee - you know if Werner scores a goal he has broken some sort of rule.

14 disallowed goals this season.
Surely that has to be a record?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's a cutie :D

Also, his positivity after so many fails and mishaps is impressive. Definitely deserves respect for his attitude, and maybe a Wile E. Coyote award.
He does seem to have a good mentality, will always have a chance with that.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Heard the chats “Timo! Timo! Timo!” a couple of times during the game. Good to know the Bridge faithfuls still have his back. A refreshing outcome from all the groans at Morata and Torres.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Heard the chats “Timo! Timo! Timo!” a couple of times during the game. Good to know the Bridge faithfuls still have his back. A refreshing outcome from all the groans at Morata and Torres.
You joking right? Torres was granted an obscene level of excuses.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
You joking right? Torres was granted an obscene level of excuses.
Yeah it took years before people got sick of Torres.

People reaalllyyy wanted him to succeed at Chelsea because a) I think people really liked him and b) he cost £50m which at the time as a crazy amount to spend on one player, so no-one really wanted a purchase of that magnitude to be a flop.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It was nice to see fans supporting him to tbh. It's been a long slog of a season for him and people can be quite vicious towards him online.

Blackwidow

He had his own fan song all over Germany, too. They even sang it out of the stadium or during concerts...

:cool:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it took years before people got sick of Torres.

People reaalllyyy wanted him to succeed at Chelsea because a) I think people really liked him and b) he cost £50m which at the time as a crazy amount to spend on one player, so no-one really wanted a purchase of that magnitude to be a flop.
I couldn't stand the guy, the only player I've grown to dislike while playing for us.

The final straw for me was an interview not long after the CL win where he used the service excuse himself, I mean you could slightly understand that coming from his biggest supporter but the guy himself?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I couldn't stand the guy, the only player I've grown to dislike while playing for us.

The final straw for me was an interview not long after the CL win where he used the service excuse himself, I mean you could slightly understand that coming from his biggest supporter but the guy himself?
I loved him, but I eventually gave up on him about 18 months after we signed him when it dawned on me that we were never getting anything remotely close to the old Torres back.

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
As long as the fans see you try they'll back you. Shevchenko is still respected at Chelsea. With Torres, his head went down towards the end and stopped trying.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Is it me or does Werner sound similar to the 3 little piggy's in Shrek?

TheReligion

Abusive
Classic inventive Chelsea chanting.

Up there with repeating 'Chelsea' several times continuously.