Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
There's a lot of uneducated opinion here about Alderweireld and Spurs so I'll fill you in. Before Xmas last year Spurs entered into discussions with the player about extending his contract. Toby indicated to Poch and the club that he would like to stay and extend if his financial expectations were met. Poch went to Levy and told him that if the club could offer what Toby was looking for, he would commit. This salary was high but not too high, around 120k - 150k a week. At that time, no player at Spurs not even Kane were on that figure. Toby gave Poch his word he would commit, so Poch convinced Levy to offer the wages, which they did. Alderweireld's agent /dad, the player, his wife, or a combination of all three, decided that now they weren't happy with what they originally said they wanted, and wanted more.

This fecked off Poch immensely, particularly as Poch has gone to Levy and convinced him to offer the player to break our wage structure. This is why Toby was basically hardly picked for the first team even when he got back fit.

Spurs subsequently gave Kane and others much higher contracts in the summer. Toby, on realising interest in him wasn't as much as he expected it would from the major spanish 2, only United showed serious interest, indicated he would be open to staying if he could then be paid the new top salaries that Kane was now on. Poch wanted him out though, trust had been broken, and Levy was in no mood to offer the guy such a high contract after the way he behaved.

That is basically the jist of it.

He will be a United player in a couple of days no doubt.
How do you know so much detail with such confidence? Just curious.

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham
This is pretty embarrasing stuff man. You read some stuff on an internet forum and it’s gospel? People who could easily be 13 years old and make stuff up to please the crowd? Get real, reading stuff on a fan forum is not news or rumors, it’s just guys talking crap with utter bias for their club.

What and listerning to Sky or some hack who gets his info from these so called crap websites is better info :lol:, some of these sites include ex players who are still close to the club so I'd say that was better info than some hack filling column space or Sky going into melt down over Transfer Dealine Day.

Do you honestly think a player of Toby's ability only has ONE suitor, and there are plenty of sides outside the PL that could pay Toby what he wants so lets put that one to bed.

Just because Mourinho does all his transfer talks in the press doesn't mean others do, infact since Redknapp left Spurs just about all deals are done very much behind closed doors unless the other side releases the story.

Your chairman knows the deal Levy wants and if that doesn't happen then nor does Toby going to you and he will be sold abroad and Toby will still get the money he wants, stupid thing it wasn't much more than we originly offered him and he agreed to but he didn't conduct himself in a very good way.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There's a lot of uneducated opinion here about Alderweireld and Spurs so I'll fill you in. Before Xmas last year Spurs entered into discussions with the player about extending his contract. Toby indicated to Poch and the club that he would like to stay and extend if his financial expectations were met. Poch went to Levy and told him that if the club could offer what Toby was looking for, he would commit. This salary was high but not too high, around 120k - 150k a week. At that time, no player at Spurs not even Kane were on that figure. Toby gave Poch his word he would commit, so Poch convinced Levy to offer the wages, which they did. Alderweireld's agent /dad, the player, his wife, or a combination of all three, decided that now they weren't happy with what they originally said they wanted, and wanted more.

This fecked off Poch immensely, particularly as Poch has gone to Levy and convinced him to offer the player to break our wage structure. This is why Toby was basically hardly picked for the first team even when he got back fit.

Spurs subsequently gave Kane and others much higher contracts in the summer. Toby, on realising interest in him wasn't as much as he expected it would from the major spanish 2, only United showed serious interest, indicated he would be open to staying if he could then be paid the new top salaries that Kane was now on. Poch wanted him out though, trust had been broken, and Levy was in no mood to offer the guy such a high contract after the way he behaved.

That is basically the jist of it.

He will be a United player in a couple of days no doubt.
To be fair that is based on rumour and none of us can know exactly what is going on - pinch of salt and all that. Though I do expect Toby to leave.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Well which is it ? You say you can't afford to be offering a CB absolutely top level wages, then say the club obviously don't feel he's important enough to justify the kind of money he's after, well if you can't afford to be offering him absolutely top level wages it doesn't matter whether the club feel he's important enough or not because you can't afford to pay him the money he's after, no ?
We offered him reasonable wages, what he is after is beyond us though. If the club felt he was a prize asset (like Kane) we could afford to offer him more, but we can't afford to be paying all of our players massive wages, so only the ones who are crucial to the team would get a massive contract. Kane for example is now on big money because he's absolutely pivotal to the side, but we can't afford to be paying Alderweireld that kind of money.

What and listerning to Sky or some hack who gets his info from these so called crap websites is better info :lol:, some of these sites include ex players who are still close to the club so I'd say that was better info than some hack filling column space or Sky going into melt down over Transfer Dealine Day.

Do you honestly think a player of Toby's ability only has ONE suitor, and there are plenty of sides outside the PL that could pay Toby what he wants so lets put that one to bed.

Just because Mourinho does all his transfer talks in the press doesn't mean others do, infact since Redknapp left Spurs just about all deals are done very much behind closed doors unless the other side releases the story.

Your chairman knows the deal Levy wants and if that doesn't happen then nor does Toby going to you and he will be sold abroad and Toby will still get the money he wants, stupid thing it wasn't much more than we originly offered him and he agreed to but he didn't conduct himself in a very good way.
So if Spurs and no-one else talks about transfers (which I’m happy to largely agree on) - how on Earth is it that you know 2 clubs have bid for him?

You specifically said there were two teams in the CL - who are they?

Come on, we are ridiculing your posts in any case, you might as well give us the name of the clubs that have made up interest in To y?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
So if Spurs and no-one else talks about transfers (which I’m happy to largely agree on) - how on Earth is it that you know 2 clubs have bid for him?

Come on, we are ridiculing your posts in any case, you might as well give us the name of the clubs that have made up interest in To y?
Cracking the popcorn open to get a read at the response to this

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham

The site only named one which was PSG but there are a number of other top sides in Europe looking for CB and I'd guess if you were to sign Boateng or Mina then they would also be in the frame.

To give you a few names of Ex Players that have accounts on the sites I am talking about include Graham Roberts, Micky Hazzard and there are others, both these players are still very close to the club and are involved. Micky Hazzard was a guest at the recent Test Event at the new Ground and Roberts is a Corporate STH and attends many functions at the Club

Up to you guys what you believe but this info is as valid to any you "Choose to Believe" from your sources (Sky or Hack or ITK's), anyway Leicester have just signed 2 CB Guess a certain CB from them is off somewhere.

Anyway only get 3 posts a day so if I don't answer anyone my apologies but only have one post left today so better use it wisely

Emmet, enjoy your popcorn :)

Last edited:

MUFC OK

We will sign him tomorrow. £55m for a wantaway with a release clause of £25m next summer will be too much for a money man like Daniel Levy.

Revan

Assumptionman

You didn't even tell which are those 2 clubs abroad which want him, which makes everyone here not really take your claim seriously.

This isn't even ITK stuff, it is more like indykalia 'I have to announce something at 10pm' stuff.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yep I thought this would happen but they'd be a lot more traction to it by now if it was going to, Levy will whore him about throughout Europe to make sure he's gone in this window after tomorrow though

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Yes I imagine we won’t get him and he will be sold to a European team later down the line. Levy seems to be reluctant to deal with United since Berbatov. Didn’t Ferguson say he wanted Modric back in 2012 but Levy basically told him he had no chance and then just sold him to Real anyway?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs have too many ITKs.
I have no idea why people believe it, if these people had any info or genuine ITK it I would be shocked. There is one who doesn’t post much and when he does it’s spot on the rest post shite and hope to get lucky. When their info turns outs to be wrong they just say *dont shoot the messenger, things change blah, blah*. It’s bullshit.

I have no idea why people believe it, if these people had any info or genuine ITK it I would be shocked. There is one who doesn’t post much and when he does it’s spot on the rest post shite and hope to get lucky. When their info turns outs to be wrong they just say *dont shoot the messenger, things change blah, blah*. It’s bullshit.
You guys have had a very quiet transfer window. What's the mood in the Spurs support?

Honestly - I don’t know. People grasping at straws, and seeking validation of their own hopes or thoughts.

If these people were actually ITK - they really wouldn’t be spouting off like a keyboard warrior on an Internet forum. Just attention seeking I suppose.

tonnas

Yes I imagine we won’t get him and he will be sold to a European team later down the line. Levy seems to be reluctant to deal with United since Berbatov. Didn’t Ferguson say he wanted Modric back in 2012 but Levy basically told him he had no chance and then just sold him to Real anyway?
if Toby want to join Utd, Levy can do nothing to stop him, Utd will just have to pay the clause and its done next summer.

Karlkim SK

Honestly - I don’t know. People grasping at straws, and seeking validation of their own hopes or thoughts.

If these people were actually ITK - they really wouldn’t be spouting off like a keyboard warrior on an Internet forum. Just attention seeking I suppose.
Agree. They just read the same BS crap from journalists and put them together with such confidence. But it seems like nothing will happen :rolleyes:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You guys have had a very quiet transfer window. What's the mood in the Spurs support?
Honestly some people losing their shit some, like me, isn’t that bothered. I’d rather we sign no one than a lot more filler. People want signings for the sake of signings, just what I think. Clearly this window has been hard work for most clubs, and I don’t buy the media spin that all clubs have massively strengthened. Don’t get me wrong I’d have loved 1 or 2 but it is what it is.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
As you'd expect in 2018's football supporting world - hyperbolic bedwetting that reads like a Nostradamus prophecy.

Too many fans (many devoid of excuses) seem to forget that a perfect window was all about not losing our star players no so long ago. Also too many reacting like we are actually selling the whole team and have been relegated, not on the verge of opening a new stadium with a 3rd straight season in CL football, on the back of tying down the WC golden boot winner to a 6 year contract. But hey ho, that's just how it goes now.

I don't really mind what happens with Toby, but we're at a bigger loss if we lose him for the sake of £25m and don't replace him in the squad, that's for sure. If you sign him, you'll all see why.

Inter Yer Nan

He's still odds on to sign but I thought there'd have been serious contact if it were on. Maybe the press are even slower and no less than I think (and I think the press are horrendously bad)?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
By then we will be out of the title race, out of the champions legate and managerless unless we strengthen tomorrow.
That's the spirit :lol:

We could have a shaky start to the league and that might rule us out. If City are anywhere near to last season's level we'll need to be pretty seamless through-out. But we'll navigate the CL group stage with what we've got, no worries.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep pretty much this. They get it all wrong 99% of the time yet people still hang on every word they say. Bullshitters mostly

kirk buttercup

I reckon he will be the Signing . He will be a hell of alot cheaper in January and Free next year, so either cash in Tomorrow or lose tons of Cash . Player plus cash would be alright they can have Rojo or Smalling Or Darmian or Jones, work away Spurs .

Infra-red

I reckon he will be the Signing . He will be a hell of alot cheaper in January and Free next year, so either cash in Tomorrow or lose tons of Cash . Player plus cash would be alright they can have Rojo or Smalling Or Darmian or Jones, work away Spurs .
We'll need to keep Smalling to win all the headers, especially if we buy Alderweireld, who, despite being a very good defender, is even weaker than Lindelof in the air.

Gazza

Interesting, because @Primativ seems privy to quite a lot of Spurs business apparently

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I thought this would be done by now TBH, would love to know what’s going on. Only thing I can think is Levy is saying no deal without Martial. No I don’t think Woody will back down but I see no other reason as to why not. Maybe your board prefer Maguire?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I thought this would be done by now TBH, would love to know what’s going on. Only thing I can think is Levy is saying no deal without Martial. No I don’t think Woody will back down but I see no other reason as to why not. Maybe your board prefer Maguire?
I fully expect Alderweireld now to move to someone he hasn't even been linked to yet following the closure of the PL window

Trizy

I fully expect Alderweireld now to move to someone he hasn't even been linked to yet following the closure of the PL window
Not today but you can be sure every top club will be in for him for £25m in January. It's a no brainer.

Sanche7

Not today but you can be sure every top club will be in for him for £25m in January. It's a no brainer.
Its 25 mill summer of next year and even if all the clubs in the world are in for him, it won't matter if we have an agreement with him

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Its 25 mill summer of next year and even if all the clubs in the world are in for him, it won't matter if we have an agreement with him
You can't have a binding agreement a year ahead

cyberman

Nobody will offer the wages to a CB that we do.
I don't know if that's a good thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.