Toby Alderweireld

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Jose has confirmed no signings at the press conference. It's all over. Woodward has fecked him over.

Revan

Assumptionman
Nobody will offer the wages to a CB that we do.
I don't know if that's a good thing!
PSG and Bayern might need a new CB. He probably won't start there, unlike here when he would be the leader of the defense. Bayern probably also won't offer the same wages as us.

Don't see other big clubs being interested on him.

Trizy

I'm still convinced we'll sign him before the deadline late tonight. Most likely pay over the odds too - The United Way!

Sanche7

You can't have a binding agreement a year ahead
City had agreement with Sanchez for months
I think we already have an agreement with Toby and I can even see us re negotiating in the winter window

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I'm still convinced we'll sign him before the deadline late tonight. Most likely pay over the odds too - The United Way!
By 'late tonight' I'm guessing you mean at around 4pm because the window shuts at 5pm!

I'm becoming pessimistic now, I think we're a bit more likely to sign Maguire than Toby (which I'd also love), but no signings looks like the most likely scenario.

WPMUFC

By 'late tonight' I'm guessing you mean at around 4pm because the window shuts at 5pm!

I'm becoming pessimistic now, I think we're a bit more likely to sign Maguire than Toby (which I'd also love), but no signings looks like the most likely scenario.
Jose just said at the pre-match conference.....no signings. We aint signing anyone.

Trizy

Shit, didn't think it was that early.

At least the positive is we'll be put out of our misery early.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Jose just said at the pre-match conference.....no signings. We aint signing anyone.
He was always going to say something to that effect, and he didn't even say it conclusively. It'd be ridiculous for him to say anything else, there is nothing to gain and a lot to lose from saying we expect a signing by the deadline.

Nevertheless, it looks likely to be over.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Because saying 'the information I have' allows him to remove himself from the statement completely. 'There won't be anymore signings' would've been conclusive.
Still pretty conclusive as it stands.

Nick.

So can we get Alderweireld in January for £25m or do we have to wait until the summer?

Twam

Levy is playing poker, he wants rid as much as we want him, would be criminal to turn down 40m only for him to walk next season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You either do business with Uncle Scrooge at the last minute or don't at all. That's the perils of negotiating for a Spurs player.

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham
Said all along no Martial, No Toby.

Toby will be sold abroad before the end of the month and he will get the money he wants and he will accept as he won't want to spend one of his last 3 years at the top of his game on the bench.

No way back for him at Tottenham now as explained before

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
So can we get Alderweireld in January for £25m or do we have to wait until the summer?
You have to wait.

Levy will be stuck with an unhappy player who can leave for 25m next summer. Why not accept 40-45m now? Spurs have plenty of CBs.
How come United being stuck with an unhappy player seems not be an issue?

Riz

Would have to wait until the summer, and as I believe it the last 2 weeks of that window. He would be available for free next summer but Spurs will trigger the year extension which also activates that clause.

Primativ

Supports
Tottenham
I'd be surprised if we don't sell him to you today but I think the issue is, we really really want Martial and United are simply refusing to sell to us and because of that, we are refusing to sell you Toby. Levy is playing the game to see how desperate you really are, and if that desperation to get that CB will finally see you agree to sell us Martial as the hours tick down.

Levy knows Mourinho really want Toby and I think is happy to see Martial go the other way but your board don't want to sell Martial to us. Something has to give.

Personally I'd be very very upset if we sold Toby and didn't get Martial, not because of Toby going, but because we didn't get Martial. He's the one signing I really wanted this summer. Also because it would mean United ultimately got one over on us.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I'd be surprised if we don't sell him to you today but I think the issue is, we really really want Martial and United are simply refusing to sell to us and because of that, we are refusing to sell you Toby. Levy is playing the game to see how desperate you really are, and if that desperation to get that CB will finally see you agree to sell us Martial as the hours tick down.

Levy knows Mourinho really want Toby and I think is happy to see Martial go the other way but your board don't want to sell Martial to us. Something has to give.

Personally I'd be very very upset if we sold Toby and didn't get Martial, not because of Toby going, but because we didn't get Martial. He's the one signing I really wanted this summer. Also because it would mean United ultimately got one over on us.
Maybe the decision to wait until January window for Toby? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure I've read somewhere that his release clause can be triggered in the January window.

cyberman

I don't understand this, Utd do not want to sell Martial to anybody.
Why do the press and Spurs fans act as if he's for sale but we're just being stubborn?
Spurs wouldn't look near us if Tobys clause wasn't in play yet we're supposed to offer a player that isn't for sale because Spurs are in a shit position?
They're not trading cards.

Murray3007

Martial's transfer value will not go off a cliff during the season. Toby's will.
is Martial contract not up at the end of the season ? or do we have a year option as well, thing is if we don't get Toby this summer I don't think we will go back for him next year even at the reduced price.

Ekeke

Why do the press and Spurs fans act as if he's for sale but we're just being stubborn?
Spurs wouldn't look near us if Tobys clause wasn't in play yet we're supposed to offer a player that isn't for sale because Spurs are in a shit position?
Probably because our manager said anyone who wants to leave can leave?

Roons111

Supports
spurs
Levy is playing poker, he wants rid as much as we want him, would be criminal to turn down 40m only for him to walk next season.
Its the bigger game though- if we accept it now and in the future you (or another club) want one of our players and wait it out we will accept a lower fee. The players know they wont have to see their contract out etc.

Yes we lose the £15M but if it stops the same thing in the future its worthwhile (he cant walk next season for free) - I would be looking internally for blame as we told you the price and have not moved, your lot should have found another option or just paid up.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Martial's transfer value will not go off a cliff during the season. Toby's will.
We are still guaranteed £25M we bought him for a whole lot less. Plus that wasn’t the point you were making about an unhappy player.

I don’t get your point, if you won’t sell a player to us, who wants out, why should we to you?

cyberman

Probably because our manager said anyone who wants to leave can leave?
If thats what they're hanging their hat on then more fool them.
Did he even say that publicly or is that from The Sun?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City had agreement with Sanchez for months
I think we already have an agreement with Toby and I can even see us re negotiating in the winter window
Yeah great example mate...sanchez.
Where did he end up?

cyberman

We are still guaranteed £25M we bought him for a whole lot less. Plus that wasn’t the point you were making about an unhappy player.

I don’t get your point, if you won’t sell a player to us, who wants out, why should we to you?
Because Toby is on the market, Martial isn't.

Aloysius's Back 3

@InLevyITrust

Is the plan to play Martial where Delle ali plays?

HJ12

Happy we're not bending over backwards for Levy. A new CB should never have been our priority position any way so not too fussed about not getting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.