Todays games

vuc

First Team Serb
Van Persie has the best left foot in the league. 3 assists today and again he hit the woodwork. The guy just keeps on hitting the woodwork this season.

HsJ

About 3 minutes away from being a great day for the scousers.

Makes it much better for us...

cloud218

I wonder how many games fecked up people this season due to the relegation fight being unpredictable...(bets I mean)

dave2528

This Chievo-Napoli match is some of the worst officiated football I've ever witnessed.

Chievo's scored 2 goals off of PK's that came from 1 blatant dive and another suspect play.

Straight red to Hamsik for dissent when he got no closer than 5 foot from the official.

dave2528

I will say that Lavezzi, the Napoli forward, was all over the place in that game. He's very good on the ball and looks like the real deal. He scored one and hit the bar in injury time that would have leveled the score.

Overall a very enjoyable, wide open match to watch, just very, very suspect officiating.

Are they allowed to let a team play the advantage after a foul instead of blowing play dead in serie a? I counted several instances where a definite advantage could/should have been given but instead the play was stopped.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
pavlyuchenko gets broken in half by a disgusting tackle by Davis and Sky's commentary team don't bat an eyelid.

Should have been a red card not yellow.

MaroonPondlife

pavlyuchenko gets broken in half by a disgusting tackle by Davis and Sky's commentary team don't bat an eyelid.

Should have been a red card not yellow.
Garbage. When you go to shield the ball like that (using your body) you know there are consequences sometimes ... you're taking a chance.

Good decision form the ref.

I think Bennett has actually had a good game today so far.:eek:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Garbage. When you go to shield the ball like that (using your body) you know there are consequences sometimes ... you're taking a chance.

Good decision form the ref.

I think Bennett has actually had a good game today so far.:eek:
Point is, if the ball is being shielded in such a way, it does not give you clearance to go through the man and his leg like that.

Otherwise, 'shielding' would be absolutely pointless.

MaroonPondlife

Point is, if the ball is being shielded in such a way, it does not give you clearance to go through the man and his leg like that.

Otherwise, 'shielding' would be absolutely pointless.
I agree but inn this case it was an encounter that Pavyluchenko should have anticipated as being near 50-50 yet he decided to put his body in the way to protect the ball. He was right in thinking he could get to it first but naive to think he might not get hurt. Done it myself a few times and I usually regret it.

Its kinda like what happened to Eduardo. I'll finish later.