Todd Cantwell

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Personally thought Buendia was the more likely threat, quick feet and his agility was a positive for Norwich throughout.
Both of them looked like players of a mid-table team. Don't see how either are an improvement over Pereira or why we should be buying such average players if we have trophy/top4 aspirations

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Both of them looked like players of a mid-table team. Don't see how either are an improvement over Pereira or why we should be buying such average players if we have trophy/top4 aspirations
Beundia is absolutely an upgrade on Andreas. There's a reason why he's created the second most chances in the league despite playing for the bottom club. I guess you haven't seen much of him.

Ekeke

he was the only Norwich player to stand out at OT on Saturday. head never dropped and kept going all the time. need to see more of him to know whether I'd want him at United but he looks way better bet than defender Max Aarons who all the fuss was about at start of season
Completely disagree. Buendia is the one who put him through and made more of an impact

GlennonTheGr8

Not that it matters but he comments and likes everything Liverpool related with love heart emojis, thumbs up etc... Have a look on insta. He’s Liverpool mad!

Gerald G

Decent player but not good enough for a top 6 club right now. He's a decent passer and finisher but he lacks quite a bit in my eyes. I think the way Norwich play suits him perfectly and if he played for us right now, for example, he would struggle big time.

When Norwich get relegated I think he should get picked up by a mid-table club. Buendia should be bought by someone too but I can see him going overseas.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Beundia is absolutely an upgrade on Andreas. There's a reason why he's created the second most chances in the league despite playing for the bottom club. I guess you haven't seen much of him.
That is fair. I have only seen him play against us. High number of assists is indeed an important stat that does matter. Maybe Buendia isn't as average as what I have seen. Still not convinced by Cantwell

Ekeke

That is fair. I have only seen him play against us. High number of assists is indeed an important stat that does matter. Maybe Buendia isn't as average as what I have seen. Still not convinced by Cantwell
He's a better version of Mata. Plenty of technical skill and the ability to find a final pass, is faster than Mata but sometimes looks a bit weak physically in this league. Also gets picked on the right wing but comes centrally to end up playing AM most of the time

pascell

Basically this...

He's 100% the type of player to go to another team, give them that spark and we wonder why we were never in for him. I'm very certain he'd get a lot of assists for a team that has a functional and well drilled attack.

Fosu-Mens

Cantwell is what we wanted Lingard to be: Raumdeuter. Nothing special on the ball, but very effective movement in the final third.

Buendia is someone you want on the ball. Should give Norwich a lowball offer for him if/when they are relegated. Good squad player/roleplayer at worst.

thepolice123

Bunedia looks like a good player.

As for Cantwell I'm not sure he's even an upgrade from Lingard/Pereira.

tenpoless

His reaction after De Gea saved his shot was too dramatic. It almost as if He was in a Home Alone movie. It was the kind of shot you'd expect De Gea to save. So based on that and his tweet alone, He's not worth getting :rolleyes:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Doubt he'd be first team material but feel like he'd be a great addition to the squad. I wonder if we'll ever be in a position to buy for depth again.

Side note: if Pukki was younger he'd also be a cracking squad addition. Perhaps still would be for a few years if cheap when they go down.

siw2007

Not sure we will have a lot of money after buying our main targets. But if we have some left over and we manage to open up some squad options, it might be a clever idea to look to the relegated teams for some good players and this lad would be on that list.

arnie_ni

Not sure we will have a lot of money after buying our main targets. But if we have some left over and we manage to open up some squad options, it might be a clever idea to look to the relegated teams for some good players and this lad would be on that list.
My thoughts exactly

ShinjiNinja26

He’s decent, don’t think he’s good enough though. He’s probably better than Lingard or Pereira but that’s not saying much. Definitely not on Grealish’s level who I’d much rather we signed.

mu4c_20le

I know he scored but I think he’s not at that level yet. Perfect Leicester player
And then we look at him a few years later for 10x the cost..

Right now he'd be a fantastic upgrade on our squad options for peanuts, and is more comfortable on the wing than Pereira.

MetoTTT

Not better than jesse or Pereira?

Ignore the spelling ha
The day we stop to buy just to slightly upgrade on the deadwood, maybe the club will be really in a better situation. The lad isn't good enough imo. We don't need him at all.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
And then we look at him a few years later for 10x the cost..

Right now he'd be a fantastic upgrade on our squad options for peanuts, and is more comfortable on the wing than Pereira.
Yes but likely he won’t have the same development here as a bit part player as what he would getting regular first team football elsewhere.

arnie_ni

The day we stop to buy just to slightly upgrade on the deadwood, maybe the club will be really in a better situation. The lad isn't good enough imo. We don't need him at all.
Sorry i dont understand?

You cant have top class players throughout the squad

MetoTTT

Slightly better than the deadwood isn't good enough, even for squad players.

Welbeckham

As someone who has watched Norwich regularly this season, I really don’t think he’s good enough for us. He’s a mid-table player at very best, he has decent technique and pretty good close control, but he doesn’t really have any abilities that would make him a potential world beater.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Slightly better than the deadwood isn't good enough, even for squad players.
That's the issue, is he good enough longterm to be a better squad option than the lads coming through the ranks is the question

Also it's better we strengthen the first 11 first before making squad player signings imo. Liverpool bought Shakiri in recent seasons as a backup from a position of strength we don't have that luxury.

VdB would be a much better acquisition if we went down the route of strengthening the squad. He would likely cost twice as much but would also contribute twice as much if his performances in the champions league are anything to go by.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
As someone who has watched Norwich regularly this season, I really don’t think he’s good enough for us. He’s a mid-table player at very best, he has decent technique and pretty good close control, but he doesn’t really have any abilities that would make him a potential world beater.
I live 20 minutes away from Carrow Road and I'll occasionally watch them live too. Buendia and Aarons are the two players with the highest ceiling in that team. I've said it before; Buendia would make an excellent addition to the squad and give us that extra creativity when it's needed. He wouldn't cost a lost and would accept a squad role here without a moments thought.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I live 20 minutes away from Carrow Road and I'll occasionally watch them live too. Buendia and Aarons are the two players with the highest ceiling in that team. I've said it before; Buendia would make an excellent addition to the squad and give us that extra creativity when it's needed. He wouldn't cost a lost and would accept a squad role here without a moments thought.
Buendia makes most sense for us without question.

Aarons who I really like doesn't make sense for us, but whichever club he ends up at will have a fantastic modern day fullback with great technical qualities. I just hope he chooses the right club that suits his style.

Robbie Boy

Aye, Buendia has a-bit of magic about him. Himself and Aarons look like future top level players whereas I see Cantwell and Godfrey being a level below.