Tom Cleverley | 2014/15 Performances (on loan at Aston Villa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

The Everton links still alive and well. He's been playing well apparently? I have watched Villa a-few times lately, including yesterday, and I honestly can't say I've noticed him at all.

Last edited:

mu77

The Everton links still alive and well. He's been playing well apparently? I have watched Villa a-few times lately, including yesterday, and I honestly can't say I've noticed him at all.

yes - was watching yesterday , but not really paying attention to it , but truly didn't know he was on the pitch. would a team like everton benefit from paying him even on a free? i mean he's sh1t.

LR7

Aye, Villa Talk have been raving about him since Sherwood took over. He's changed a lot of peoples minds by the looks of it.

From this page onwards:
http://www.villatalk.com/index.php/topic/11920-tom-cleverley/page-183

Some even called him future captain material. Good on him. He's not United quality, but I'd like to see him do well in the Premier League.
Some nice comments. I hope he does well. If Sherwood is giving him his confidence back then it might be best for him to stay there and fully regain his form before eventually moving on. He isn't a bad player. Might not be top level but definitely has it in him to have more of an impact on games than he had been.

RooneyLegend

Needs to have more confidence in his passing. If he does that he'd be regarded as a good player. He can't continuously pass the ball square and expect to be rated highly by anyone.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Saw him being tracked back, dispossessed, then left on his arse by one of the WBA midfielders. That was the only time I noticed him during the match.

Stretford End Phil

It's easy to find fault with Clevs but I think a lot of his games are based upon his manager's demands rather than him thinking out of the box. He did moderately well, it's not easy playing for a side without confidence or scoring goals. After he came off WBA seemed to get more room in the midfield which indicates he had some influence in the game.

Roboc7

He is just a very ordinary player, I thought he was ok at the weekend but given his previous perfromances for Villa and the level of a lot of their other players their fans have a different outlook and rated him a bit higher.

He is playing at his correct level now and nothing wrong with that, personally I never rated him as being anywhere near good enough for us and wasn't at all surprised to see him shipped out straight away by LVG.

vidic blood & sand

I remember him coming on at half time against city in the charity shield about 3 years ago and though he was fantastic. Didn't think it would be all down hill after that.
We desperately need classy midfielders to come through the ranks.

Raptori

Special needs
Read an article about TC23 possibly moving to Everton in the summer. My initial reaction was something along the lines of "good that we got him to sign an extension, now we can at least make a few million out of selling him".

@Pexbo has apparently broken my brain. :nervous:

tombombadil

Yeah its nice to see him doing good. Frankly, I find it a bit embarrassing that United fans seem to find the need to continually talk shit about him.
This!!

I find it so sad that so many people have this incessant need to step on other people in order to make themselves feel better.

TC23 didn't rob us or anything. He's an academy product who dreamed of playing for his favorite club, almost made it and even won a PL medal playing consistently in midfield for us, but in the end, things didn't work out. He just wasn't good enough in the end.

Sure he's not Xavi or Carrick, but he wasn't an evil parasite like Tevez as well. I hope he moves on to another PL club and does well over there. Like how I wish all our ex players who have tried their best to serve the club well.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Signing players from United in the past has served us well but I dont have a good feeling about this one, he is such a nothing player.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I remember him coming on at half time against city in the charity shield about 3 years ago and though he was fantastic. Didn't think it would be all down hill after that.
We desperately need classy midfielders to come through the ranks.
i rember that game. they way he and Nani dismantled City's defecne for the 3rd goal was just awesome.

caid

Signing players from United in the past has served us well but I dont have a good feeling about this one, he is such a nothing player.
I still think he'll be a decent player for a europa league team. Still wont be your star player or anything but a solid squad member.
There has to be something good about him. Ferguson picked him for years, moyes seemed to like him (for a while at least), martinez has always seemed keen.
Even Hodgson seems to rate him.
I dont know. The balance in our team was horrible for years. No one looked particularly good except van persie and our defenders

RooneyLegend

He should probably stay at villa and establish a name for himself. If he had more confidence in himself he'd be a much bigger name really. He's got some talent, just refuses to use all of it.

caid

He should probably stay at villa and establish a name for himself. If he had more confidence in himself he'd be a much bigger name really. He's got some talent, just refuses to use all of it.
Yeah, needs a kick up the arse and to take more risks really. Kind of the opposite problem to barkley. Still think he'll do well at Everton tbh.

Mindhunter

All of us who criticize him secretly love him and want him to do well. If anything it is our high expectations from him that influences the criticism. Also his attitude didn't do him any favors when he kept giving sound bites to the media which always had the undertone that he is good at what he does and fans are abusing him without reason.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He's so much better than he's shown in the last 2 years. Would be a good signing for you I think.

RooneyLegend

Yeah, needs a kick up the arse and to take more risks really. Kind of the opposite problem to barkley. Still think he'll do well at Everton tbh.
At Everton he's going to have to start by establishing himself and that'll be a problem considering they are littered with players of his level. At Villa he's an established first 11 starter and with a new manager who seems to want his players playing dynamic offensive football, it could help him reach the next level. Vs QPR I though he played the best football I've ever seen from him and you could see that the coaches style is helping him somewhat.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
He's so much better than he's shown in the last 2 years. Would be a good signing for you I think.
I remember him impressing me for Wigan one time but that was as a defensive winger doing a 'job' on Baines. To be honest i just don't know what he offers and what he excels at.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I remember him impressing me for Wigan one time but that was as a defensive winger doing a 'job' on Baines. To be honest i just don't know what he offers and what he excels at.
Sideways passing, calling for passes without putting any effort into being in a position to receive a pass, and has a fit wag.

What the feck more do you want?

Bwuk

Cleverley is good technically, but he hides in games and looks lost at times. More of a mental/confidence issue imo. Technique wise he's actually quite good.

Shark

@NotShark
I don't know where the idea that he hides comes from. I can remember him demanding the ball at times, only to receive the ball and pass it sideways, backwards or to the opposition.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The back of his missus is probably quite a pleasant view

TheGK

According to Sky there are 9 clubs interested in him, 5 Premier League clubs Villa, Spurs, Everton, west ham and Arsenal! Two clubs in Spain and one Italy, no names given and then Schalke. Contract offers have been given from the European sides.
Wow, how he got so much interest from his last two seasons worth of piss poor showings?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
According to Sky there are 9 clubs interested in him, 5 Premier League clubs Villa, Spurs, Everton, west ham and Arsenal! Two clubs in Spain and one Italy, no names given and then Schalke. Contract offers have been given from the European sides.
Wow, how he got so much interest from his last two seasons worth of piss poor showings?
Being a United player counts for a lot to be fair... though I imagine it'd be more like 3 or 4 clubs rather then 9!

Bwuk

Hope he goes to Arsenal to play with his goalscoring mate Welbeck.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Definitely the wrong thread, but no idea where else to put this. Anyone see on Sky Sports that Arsenal are interested in signing him in the summer? Surely that's a piss take.

ZDwyr

After seeing van Gaal improve Young and Fellaini I am curious to know how Clevz would have gone. It's the right thing for him to go though. Hope he goes well at Villa (or wherever he ends up).

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
After seeing van Gaal improve Young and Fellaini I am curious to know how Clevz would have gone. It's the right thing for him to go though. Hope he goes well at Villa (or wherever he ends up).
Cleverley had the wrong mentality, I remember in the last 2 seasons he was willing to push his teammates under the bus when under pressure, by getting rid of the ball to a teammate who was under even more pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.